SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Before you post snide comments, you ought to find out what you're talking about.

The SSE astronauts are the ones that either are still or used to be in the POST-SHOW, not on the ride, at least as far as I've come to understand. Aside from the banner and green-screen wall, I don't think we've seen a picture of what the old fed ex post show area looks like now, which is what worries me.

Is there still the nonsense with the package shipping? You can kind of see a little bit of it from the TTA video...

Apologies, I thought the ones in the beginning of SM were from SSE

Kuhio

To see the OA video in HD is right through their website:

http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/video.php

Some references that I love, as seen in the video:

- "Disney's Hyperion Resort" is a destination shown on one of the queue star charts. "Ariel" is another destination (it's a real stellar body -- one of the moons of Uranus). I think I may have seen "Triton," as well (a moon of Neptune).

- The nonsensical but nevertheless amusing description "20,000 Light Years Under the Sea" is in one of the post-show scenes.

nemofinder22

- "Disney's Hyperion Resort" is a destination shown on one of the queue star charts. "Ariel" is another destination (it's a real stellar body -- one of the moons of Uranus). I think I may have seen "Triton," as well (a moon of Neptune).

- The nonsensical but nevertheless amusing description "20,000 Light Years Under the Sea" is in one of the post-show scenes.

Good eyes!!! you made me go back and watch again I found these one for each Space Mountain-

Active Earth Stations

Tomorrowland Station MK-1
TL Space Station 77
Discovery Landing Station-Paris
Aa Base-Tokyo
HK Spaceport E-TKT
:sohappy:

EpcotServo

Good eyes!!! you made me go back and watch again I found these one for each Space Mountain-

Active Earth Stations

TL Space Station 77
Aa Base-Tokyo
HK Spaceport E-TKT

^This is GREAT. Especially Aa Base and Space Station 77.

Also note, Altair, the infamous "Forbidden Planet" for Movie and Sci-Fi fans.

:D :sohappy:

This is SO well written, I'll forgive them for a single "thingIwasgrumpyabout". So I'll cash it in for them writing out "Seven Five", which I stated I hate.

I shall grump about that no longer.

You...You earned it.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
About to launch...
4101540889_ab41b0d5ce_b.jpg

Kuhio

Active Earth Stations

TL Space Station 77
Aa Base-Tokyo
HK Spaceport E-TKT

And, in small script (in my handwriting) underneath that: "Shanghai Mega Satellite 20-14." :lol:

PhantomX

Active Earth Stations

TL Space Station 77
Aa Base-Tokyo
HK Spaceport E-TKT

What is Aa Base in reference to specifically? Is that like the area in Tokyo where TDL is located?

EpcotServo

What is Aa Base in reference to specifically? Is that like the area in Tokyo where TDL is located?

Did a quick checkup, and Aa is the Japanese word for "Tomorrow".

(FYI: "Mirai" is the word for The Future. Select Japanese on Spaceship Earth and take a drink every time you hear it!)

imagineer boy

Judging from the recent video posted, I'd say the whole refurb is defintately an improvement. It could've been so much better, we all know that, but at least they didn't ruin any part of it like they did with SSE's ending. Still, what could've been...

The only part I really have to call crap on is the video games in the queue. I don't need to play crappy video games with limited controls to keep me occupied while wating in line. What happened to good old fashioned immersive themeing?

BUT PRAISE JESUS THEY KEPT THE STAR TUNNEL MUSIC!!! :sohappy: I really would've been furious if they replaced it especially after the TTA narration fiasco.

huntzilla

Under Lunar station it mentions WEDport and Verne Settlement! Also enjoyed the words "off planet" and the script font for Tomorrowland at the exit. What I don't understand though. "Insiders" were saying that Tomorrowland was going to be changing and having a refurb for the land switch back to the old white style future theme (ugh!). But all indications from Space Mountain are they it's going to be sticking with a sci-fi theme (woohoo!). Maybe they could use the Space Port 75 theme throughout the whole land like X-S Tech was, try something like that again. It really was great to hear the old music and feeling good they kept that so now, I know I'm the only one beating this, hopefully not, dead horse but TTA spiel, switch it back immediately.

djkidkaz

So what about the glow of the rockets? Any word on whether you can still see them in the dark? If not, it makes the whole trip through Space Mountain on the TTA useless.

the-reason14

Um ... sorry, but I've been reading the report.

I don't see any major changes at all...

I'd love to know how a tired, old coaster with new paint and refreshed queue is somehow anything close to being labeled immense.

But judging by all the attention it is getting (as the fanbois show how they have the attention span of kitties chasing a flashlight beam), maybe I missed something.

Why so negative? It being the same coaster doesn't make it tired, it makes it a classic. Atleast they did something to it. Like it or hate it, its been refreshed. I fail to see any positive in any of you're posts or threads. If you wished they would have gutted it, get over it, they didnt. But what's there now, even you must admit is better than what was there before.

Disneyson 1

That post show is looking SOO much better- the "One Way Trip (Due to your crash)" story is much better defined than in the old dioramas, which virtually told some convoluted rock-energy source story...

EPCOT Explorer

Active Earth Stations

TL Space Station 77
Aa Base-Tokyo
HK Spaceport E-TKT
Shanghai?:lookaroun

Hee hee. Very clever....If they did one thing right, it's these great little tie-ins. :D

Now...where's the Horizons reff?:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom