Space Mountain Heading to the Scrap Heap :)

magicmaya

you are correct that air gates will be installed on space mountain. Last ride on property to get them i believe.

While not going to the extreme of ideas that you posted, they will not be boring stainless steel. I can't really say much else for protection of myself and others, but think something along the lines of this.

yay!!!!

WDITrent

actually 14 and what's wrong with me having a pal.Do you think i'm too stupid to have a pal or something

{come on maya...think...think...don't start another internet fight}
Well, to give you a little bit of friendly advice, I would like to calmly point out that you did join a year later than me and have over seven hundred more posts. :)

Hi everyone! Sorry for the wavin' rush.For now on i'm gong to stop wavin' and I'm only going to wave on chit chat! Now i'v only been on 3 month's and a half and I almost have my 1000th post.I sure wonder what i'm going to do for my 1000th post party now...:rolleyes:

I'm trying to do the mature thing and not get into fights like last time.I know i'm going to get a post after this saying waving is not mature.

I'm very sorry for annoying you guys...**tear runs down eyes**
Because I don't want to be a pestering "backseat moderator" I don't want to say much, but I don't think members on here are judged by the number of their posts (at least I hope they aren't). :)

And one last wave, for good measure. :wave:

GothMickey

You are correct that air gates will be installed on Space Mountain. Last ride on property to get them I believe.

While not going to the extreme of ideas that you posted, they will not be boring stainless steel. I can't really say much else for protection of myself and others, but think something along the lines of this.

Here is someone else who claims to be someone in the know.

Sounds great if true. Thank you for the information.

Oh screw it!
:wave::wave::wave:

If anyone has a problem with my waving come to my page and complain!
Also, feel free to look through my albums:D
(I need more page visits anyway)

Jasonflz and Maya, please please please please PLEASE stop "wavin'". It's extremely irritating to read on a website dedicated (or a least a forum) for the latest news on the World. Do what's best and use your energy on something constructive. As a teenager, it's not very difficult to learn to make polite conversation without spawning a 100 page thread war.

Please.

Now back to the scheduled topic.

Jasonflz

Jasonflz and Maya, please please please please PLEASE stop "wavin'". It's extremely irritating to read on a website dedicated (or a least a forum) for the latest news on the World. Do what's best and use your energy on something constructive. As a teenager, it's not very difficult to learn to make polite conversation without spawning a 100 page thread war.

Please.

Now back to the scheduled topic.

Fine. I really am waiting patiently for Disney to actually DO something but apparently only Universal is actually creative lately. What a sham.

EPCOT Explorer

imagine this.. the entire queue station enclosed... the only thing you can set besides 'queue' is the occasional TTA Traveler gliding by.. Seeing the TTA go by adds to the sense that this is a 'Space Port', not just some sterile space shuttle launch facility... basically a 'space airport'.... Same lines as star tours, I guess.....

As the coaster trains arrive, the airgates (themed to 'airlocks')open, dispensing a quick burst of 'steam', with a rush of air.. a recorded voice tells you it's time to board your shuttle to depart.. you get in, strap up (harness down) and and the flight crew comes by to do a quick 'pre flight check' (harness check).... after which, the doors close, with a slight 'squeal' and 'vacuum' sound to signify the 'sealing' of the airlocks, and the show starts....

sounds like a lot for a coaster station, but if done right, it would be seamless and could all happen in seconds....

:)

Aaaannnddd ...

To address the issues of flying around in a vaccum without breathing apparatus, embed some light strips around the top edge of the cars - blueish/purple sounds good.

Then have an announcement, "initiating atmospheric force field" and turn the lights on.

-dave

Sheeeesh. I think that alone would make the refurb for me.:eek::lol: FANTASTIC ideas, both of you.

stitch2008

You are correct that air gates will be installed on Space Mountain. Last ride on property to get them I believe.

Those air gates look awsome. Hope those are going in.

hardcard

Original Poster
Those airgates in the pic do look great... i would be proud to have something like that in WDW...

as far as the waving, you can wave in every post you have for all I care... just have something else in the post worth a damn besides 15 smilies. I started this thread as a 'progress' thread from Space Mountains refurb.. You're pointless threads aren't contributing to that effort..

now, back to your regularly scheduled SM talk :)

Post show ideas? Without a sponsor it's going to have to be a general thing I guess.. space arrival, etc.. alternative beings.. if it doesn't have a dog (lab retriever) in it somewhere, it would be ashame :)

Fun2BFree

Post show ideas? Without a sponsor it's going to have to be a general thing I guess.. space arrival, etc.. alternative beings.. if it doesn't have a dog (lab retriever) in it somewhere, it would be ashame :)

I would be surprised if they changed the post-show beyond a new coat of paint -- it seems like an afterthought, and once you're off your rocket, it's practically a race back to TL to queue for something else. It was only ever a way to pitch the sponsor's message (RCA, FedEx) and now there's no real need or purpose.

If they do change it, I'd expect to see Stitch running amok through classic SM set-pieces complete with shenanigans... hilarity ensues. :rolleyes:

magicmaya

Oh screw it!

:lol:

I'm not wavin', I'm laughin'

Seriously...I don't want to get into an internet fight again.I will only wive on this thread:Everybody Wave!!

come on jason.Wavin is polite but these people don't understand that wavin' is a nice thing.Next thing you know, you are walking down the street and you wave at somebody and they slap you...:lol:

...now back to the subjet of space mountain...:cry: R.I.P Mr. wavey....

maggiegrace1

Please keep your "wavin" to the thread that you started for it. I personally don't get it and find it pretty annoying but in its own thread it isn't hurting anyone- so just keep it there please.

Every single one of you has a bit of moderating power- it's the report to moderator function. The first reported post we got from this thread was early this morning. We can't see everything.

Oh screw it!

:lol:

I'm not wavin', I'm laughin'

Seriously...I don't want to get into an internet fight again.I will only wive on this thread:Everybody Wave!!

come on jason.Wavin is polite but these people don't understand that wavin' is a nice thing.Next thing you know, you are walking down the street and you wave at somebody and they slap you...:lol:

...now back to the subjet of space mountain...:cry: R.I.P Mr. wavey....
Maya and Jason..I know you mean no harm but Eeyore is a moderator here and did ask that you only wave in the chit chat thread..so to say screw it and keep waving and to keep talking about is really asking for people to get annoyed by it.

I am just trying to be nice about it so not everyone will get annoyed by your posts..:)

magicmaya

Has anything been happening outside of the show building today?

I guess you guys want then :eek:
The refurb would have turned out great if you did the "w" word.
I believed in magic and had hope and you guys yelled at me and broke my heart.

That's why I have better things to do.....i'm either making a great website where everyone gets along with me..or...or...I might go back to yahoo answers!

farwell fellow disney fans...

**does the "w" word and exits the website***

EPCOT Explorer

I hope they keep the Space Port theme that would run concurrent with your ideas.:D

jt04

I could do the face palm thingy too

double-facepalm.jpg

:D

So much better than the waving thing. As have all of your posts been today. Your at your best when you are actually contributing to the conversation rather than just playing kids games. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom