Space Mountain Heading to the Scrap Heap :)

scottnj1966

Because it adds to a guest's experience. Because it shows Disney is committed to quality like they were in the past. Because it would separate Space Mountain from your run of the mill wild mouse in the dark. Because it would continue Disney's long tradition of plussing attractions.

Need any more reasons?

It is nothing like a wild mouse coaster at all. Never was, never will be.
You wanna ride that type go to AK.

1disneydood

While they're upgrading the lighting, they should put a couple of "Baderunneresque" narrow beam searchlights. Like beacons on the mountain for incomng spacecraft.

disneykw

So once again I couldn't sleep last night, since I'm a horrible sleeper, and I ended up working on the computer all night. I had a neat idea though. Since we were talking about SM Exterior Lighting lately on this thread, and plus the reason that I wanted to take a shot at making my own animated GIF, I thought heck why not? If anyone recognizes the picture, it's because it was the concept art for the lighting of TDL's SM. I broke down the original picture into separate parts and made an animation, which was a lot of fun. I swear I was giddy like a little kid when the work was mostly done and I got to animate the lights at the end.

So I present you my SM Light Show!:lol:

(And yes, it's gonna be my new avatar for a while.:D)

-Okay, it's 8:30am right now but now that I'm finished, I'm gonna try to get some rest.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

So once again I couldn't sleep last night, since I'm a horrible sleeper, and I ended up working on the computer all night. I had a neat idea though. Since we were talking about SM Exterior Lighting lately on this thread, and plus the reason that I wanted to take a shot at making my own animated GIF, I thought heck why not? If anyone recognizes the picture, it's because it was the concept art for the lighting of TDL's SM. I broke down the original picture into separate parts and made an animation, which was a lot of fun. I swear I was giddy like a little kid when the work was mostly done and I got to animate the lights at the end.

-Okay, it's 8:30am right now but now that I'm finished, I'm gonna try to get some rest.

I really wish I could make something like that. How did you make that?

disneykw

I really wish I could make something like that. How did you make that?
I briefly mentioned how to make it in my post but I don't mind explaining again as it was really fun to make. I started with the original photo here:
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tdl/english/7land/tomorrow/atrc_mountain.html

I work in Photoshop where everything is done in layers.
I make a copy of the original layer (image) and in this one, I paint out the top lights. I make a separate layer where I paint out all the colorful lights, which was the most time-consuming part, and I end up with an SM that has none of the special lights. Using the combination of layers, I separate the red, yellow, and blue lights as individual layers (simple eraser tool).

Once I have the six separate layers: R, B, Y, no lights, all lights except top, and all lights including the top, I need to make my GIF animation. For a while I was searching around for a GIF creator and most of them you had to pay, which I didn't want to of course. I lucked out and found that Photoshop had a GIF creator already included.

In the creator, you're presented with a timeline and you import your layers as frames. You tell each frame how long you want it to run, thus creating the light show. After you're that, save it out and the program will create the GIF picture.

- Hope that helped somewhat. I really didn't find it as hard as I thought it was gonna be. All you really need is a GIF creator software (or Photoshop if you have it) and some really basic digital painting skills depending on what you want to create.

- Believe me, there was a time when I was in your position and I saw these neat animated GIFs and I was like, how did they do that? I could help you further if you really want it, let me know.

-Okay, technical OT post over. Back to Space Mountain!:sohappy:

EPCOT Explorer

^^

Fully agreed with the CiF and Fun Wheel for DtD idea. :D Now that would be a bold new idea...

EPIC!:sohappy:

jt04

Good selling point, a SM night light.:lol:

You know that has a certain marketing catch to it. I would not be suprised to see the DVC folks use it.

Something like, "Bay Lake Towers at The Contemporary Resort, where the Magic Kingdom (or Space Mountain) is your night light":)

Very clever EE, very clever.

EPCOT Explorer

You know that has a certain marketing catch to it. I would not be suprised to see the DVC folks use it.

Something like, "Bay Lake Towers at The Contemporary Resort, where the Magic Kingdom (or Space Mountain) is your night light":)

Very clever EE, very clever.
:D

Always liked the idea of Marketing...

Thanks!

jt04

X-S Tech is Back!

A certain person has posted some photos on a certain web site. No matter what else you think about him he is brilliant at getting definitive shots and providing a "you are there" narrative.

That being said, two bits of news I find intresting. They are literally lowering stuff through the roof of Space Mountain! That must mean they are probably already done with the "insulation" clean up so this project is moving fast. I am stunned they are not moving stuff in through the access doors so to me that means they intend to put stuff in bigger than those doors. Amazing!

Also. they are using graphics of Timekeeper AND X-S Tech in the Stitch show now. So to those who told us X-S Tech has been removed forever, well evidently not.

All definitely positive trends in my book.:sohappy:

Jasonflz

X-S Tech is Back!

A certain person has posted some photos on a certain web site. No matter what else you think about him he is brilliant at getting definitive shots and providing a "you are there" narrative.

Also. they are using graphics of Timekeeper AND X-S Tech in the Stitch show now. So to those who told us X-S Tech has been removed forever, well evidently not.

All definitely positive trends in my book.:sohappy:

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: YES!!!!!!!!!

btw: where are these photos?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom