Space Mountain Heading to the Scrap Heap :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Great...metal in a dumpster, scaffolding, crates, blah, blah, blah. What I want to know is has the ladder been sighted yet!!!!

:lol:

devoy1701

Definitely need a picture...then we can play that game where we all interpret exactly what it is we see in the piles of scrap metal and then can decide which part of the attraction they are working on...

Good to hear they're starting at warp speed (<---not a shameless plug for the new Star Trek movie that opened last night) with this one...I hope they have the mentality that the refurb is shorter than they wanted so they need to make the most out of the short refurb that they got!

muteki

Are we certain that the scrap metal is indeed metal from SM's structure or is it scaffolding, etc. yet to be setup for work?

PhilharMagician

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=37714
useless2.gif

We need pics!:D

I would hope Ladder is inside working!

jakeman

Someone should take pics from the monorail you can see the whole backside from there

Well...unless that stupid DVC building now blocks the view :mad:
You mean the DVC building that is on the lake across the street? While I find the contious jabs at DV humorous, this one stretches credulity.

This always happens for EVERY refurb I have seen, and I guarantee this is what will happen here.

The minute the ride/show closes, BVCC starts full-steam and guts and works on everything. It goes well for a while, then it slacks off. Overtime from both sides (BVCC and Disney) is scarce, so work slows down, if it's going on at all. Pretty soon, the crunch time approaches and the deadline must be met, so the work goes on as fast as possible with corners cut and things getting done with less attention than they should have. The work is always behind at this stage, so everyone is scrambling to get things done. The ride/show opens before everything is complete because the bean-counters say the ride MUST be open and work is still going on for days/weeks afterward.

*sigh* ... this is getting old. What ever happened to the QUALITY work and making sure everything was spotless before opening day?

/rant

Sorry, I needed that.
Wow, this refurb is only 3 weeks olds and you are already calling it a failure.

Oh and to your spotless before opening day comment:

436436621_76fc79a345.jpg

Matpez

No need for that.
Just drive around there...stop the car...snap away.:D
If nobody does it first, I will in a couple weeks.

Actually, don't know if they would care, but there now is always security back there. Either in a car/van or in the new little guard shack they built.

Figment632

Are they still in the demolition (for lack of a better word) stage, and if so how long do you guys think till they start actual construction?

SirGoofy

Are they still in the demolition (for lack of a better word) stage, and if so how long do you guys think till they start actual construction?

They just started a few weeks ago. There's no doubt in my mind they are still in deconstruction.

Remember, being indoors and not taking out the supports, they can't just knock down the coaster. They pretty much have to take it out piece by piece.

devoy1701

They just started a few weeks ago. There's no doubt in my mind they are still in deconstruction.

Remember, being indoors and not taking out the supports, they can't just knock down the coaster. They pretty much have to take it out piece by piece.

would be nice if we had pictures...and maybe a misshap and an accidental removal of supports...much like the rumored removal of scene from SSE...

clumsy crane operator...

Space Mountain

This always happens for EVERY refurb I have seen, and I guarantee this is what will happen here.

The minute the ride/show closes, BVCC starts full-steam and guts and works on everything. It goes well for a while, then it slacks off. Overtime from both sides (BVCC and Disney) is scarce, so work slows down, if it's going on at all. Pretty soon, the crunch time approaches and the deadline must be met, so the work goes on as fast as possible with corners cut and things getting done with less attention than they should have. The work is always behind at this stage, so everyone is scrambling to get things done. The ride/show opens before everything is complete because the bean-counters say the ride MUST be open and work is still going on for days/weeks afterward.

*sigh* ... this is getting old. What ever happened to the QUALITY work and making sure everything was spotless before opening day?

/rant

Sorry, I needed that.

Welcome to Orlando and the wonderful construction companies which reside here :ROFLOL:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with Orlando. It's more of a construction industry thing!
You just ain't whistling Dixie there. Most construction projects could be done in half the time if all the schedules line up but that rarely happens. All it takes is one mistake to happen or one inspection to fail and the schedule goes out the window.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yep. SSEs AAs were all naked not 24 hours after the ride closed to guests. And we know what happened there...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom