Space Mountain Heading to the Scrap Heap :)

EPCOT Explorer

Yep. SSEs AAs were all naked not 24 hours after the ride closed to guests. And we know what happened there...
Heh! Naked AA's!:lookaroun:lol::lol:
Just squint at this photo, and imagine it on a bigger scale and without quite so much support removal.:lol:
SMDemo4-2.JPG

Awww...Why can't that be our Mountain...?:(

jt04

So they wouldn't need scaffolding and a dumpster to remove just the track? Or is it the crates that seal the supports' doom?

My initial reaction was that if they are already filling the scrap bins it does not appear they are carefully removing track from supports. If that is indeed the case I would think it would be fairly time consuming because of the way the tracks are "tangled". Full bins of scrap sounds like they are ripping everything out. That does not mean they aren't building the same or very similar layouts. I believe they are. But my guess is it's with 100% new steel. :)

The Conundrum

I wish we had pics to see if this is actually demolition of Space or is it demolition of the Galaxy Theather?? (Has that already been demolished?)

Dskipper

sorry guys

guys sorry we all wished it. but there is no new track. only thing being done on the track is replacing bad sections. and changing were the supports are conected to the track. the new cars (with out audio) guide wheels sit on the track deferently. and there is one every foot x 4000ft feet plus storage. so that will be alot of metal comeing out but not much track.. what you are seeing if it is blue ish would be the steel from the line area.. they started pulling that out before we were even closed. the que will be totally different. also the tower will be different. most changes riders will not even know about put it like that.. there will be less down time. cast members will not have to run track for cascades everything will be brought up by the push of two buttons.:sohappy: ok so take it or leave it. thats all im giving you. and go ahead correct my spelling. ps if the stuff in the dumbsters are silver then its the moving disk from tta that has been pulled up last week to be replaced.

magicmaya

guys sorry we all wished it. but there is no new track. only thing being done on the track is replacing bad sections. and changing were the supports are conected to the track. the new cars (with out audio) guide wheels sit on the track deferently. and there is one every foot x 4000ft feet plus storage. so that will be alot of metal comeing out but not much track.. what you are seeing if it is blue ish would be the steel from the line area.. they started pulling that out before we were even closed. the que will be totally different. also the tower will be different. most changes riders will not even know about put it like that.. there will be less down time. cast members will not have to run track for cascades everything will be brought up by the push of two buttons.:sohappy: ok so take it or leave it. thats all im giving you. and go ahead correct my spelling. ps if the stuff in the dumbsters are silver then its the moving disk from tta that has been pulled up last week to be replaced.

:wave:How did you get the info?Are they replacing the lift hill track?This refurb SUCKS!NO COMPLETE TRACK REMOVAL!?!? Is there a new lift hill chain?

Timon

That is this. Is this SM? If it is which park? Is it DL's because this actually looks like it when you walk inside of it!

Disneyland Space Mountain

At this stage of construction I bet they are clearing anything that goes except the track. A space has to be cleared for a telescoping crane tp get the track out as seen in the Disneyland SM picture above. I would guess the exit scenes, set pieces which are being replaced, entrance queue bits and tons of wiring are going to the scrapper now.

magicmaya

Disneyland Space Mountain

At this stage of construction I bet they are clearing anything that goes except the track. A space has to be cleared for a telescoping crane tp get the track out as seen in the Disneyland SM picture above. I would guess the exit scenes, set pieces which are being replaced, entrance queue bits and tons of wiring are going to the scrapper now.

I knew it.I know the DL space mountain like the back of my hand.My dad walked me through there once.It was scary!

Dskipper

well

as far as i know they are cleaning up the lift area. new motors, pretty much all wireing will be replaced most of it is dry rotted. maybe kick a few rates out. i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt find a family of deer in there or even some homeless peeps. ha. joke of course! i work part time at space or well did now im out in tl now. but i can not tell sources. threat of death or bodly harm! nicest thing if it gets done there will be a wall spliting stand by and fast pass. and another thing that guest will notice is they will be closeing the roof over load to reduce the light on track. also 'rummor' from peeps is there will be three load areas instead of two per side.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom