News Space Mountain exit being worked on

wedway71

Suprised they did not have a Vacation Club Kiosk half way through the walk..... Been going to WDW since it opened so have lots of nostalgia for all of the original stuff. Always loved the exit. Not sure why they changed. maybe too costly to maintain or someone got hurt... dont know.

I will say, ok with the walk,but maybe could have added a little more eye candy at the end... IMHO

fngoofy

Makes sense, and if the company keeps finances separate between parks, just start selling booze at every attraction entrance at MK.

That sounds like a win/win really. I'd dig a themed bar next to every gift shop at the attraction exits.

FYI, there were plans at ToT for a small bar right before you get to the gift shop. I heard from a manager there that they paused the plan when they were getting push back for the DCA Tower change over and may revisit it in the future. From what I know it would have been the size of the Tequila bar in Mexico.

MagicRat

This is the issue though, belittling anyone is not okay. I would just like to ask you to take a step back and avoid the condescending intentions. You can disagree with, and even be not a fan of negativite opinions on the board without belittling anyone.

I quoted the original poster who used the term belittling.

It was tongue and cheek.

The people who are overly complaining about an improved entrance. One that did cost a considerable amount of money and did increase the outward flow of the exit are the ones belittling. They are belittling a corporation who saw the needs of replacing an exit that last saw changes over 20 years ago and are belittling the design and construction team who dedicated themselves to a project with the resources given.

I apologize if I came off harsh but this hole thread complaining about an improvement is the epitome of first world problems.

By all means complain about low wages for employees, automatic cameras replacing photographers and signature cards at meet and greets but my God this is an exit. An extremely changed exit, that took a lot of effort to change.

MagicRat

This slope moved people up it without any work.

What happens when it doesn’t work?

This would be my next response is the change was for an anticipated replacement to the dinosaur moving ramp it has in place. I would reference the braking one next door and you will then reply how do I know this?

The fact is, I don’t know this. Disney just likes to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for zero upside or reason so people like you on this board can complain about it.

Disney4family

Let's do a "Beer Math" word problem on this.
If it cost $400k for the new walkway.
And you devote the revenue from beer sold at Skipper Canteen and BoG ($9/beer.)
It is a total of about 50,000 beers (taking into account the cost of the beer.)
To pay for this in one month they would need to sell 1,666 beers a day.
On a 30%/70% split between Skipper and BoG, that means 500/1166 respectively/day.

So, very doable and very short payoff.
Behold, the power of beer.
usually I avoid math, but being that it's a Friday, the beer part has me interested...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This is the issue though, belittling anyone is not okay. I would just like to ask you to take a step back and avoid the condescending intentions. You can disagree with, and even be not a fan of negativite opinions on the board without belittling anyone.
If someone is on your ignore list, they can't belittle you.

Well, they technically can, but if you don't see it, have you truly been belittled?

It's like cursing at someone in a language they don't understand... it might make you feel better, but it doesn't really get your point across to your target.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The lack of moving walkway is sad, but a minor thing. And one that has some potential upsides for being more accessible.

The new room is bland and boring, but it is way less tacky and theme breaking than the camera room with the green screen wall.

Overall, this change has some positives and some negatives. It works out to be roughly a lateral move. I'll miss the speed ramp, but I'm happy to see the tacky camera room go.

Disney4family

Beer = +1
Math = -1
Beer + Math = 0.
1542399037574.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom