Space Mountain 2.0 rumor update

the-reason14

Well if they are going to change the layout to some 30 second ride with some loud noise blazing in your ear ala Rockin Roller coaster, then we will have two on disney property.

Lee

Adventurer
Well if they are going to change the layout to some 30 second ride with some loud noise blazing in your ear ala Rockin Roller coaster, then we will have two on disney property.

Nope. Not the case.
More like a 2:30 ride with cool spacey music in your ear.

Launchpad

Account Suspended
Personally, I used to hate the ride. If I got to ride it, great. If not, oh well. Now that I live here and literally get to ride it at least four times a week I've started to really enjoy it. So much so that we'll ride it and get right back in line (Alpha is the better track IMHO, but Omega is still great). I would however like to see it upgraded slightly. After some rides it will leave me hurting. I noticed if you try to concentrate on the stars on the wall or ceiling and not pay attention to the track it can really whip you around in a direction you are not expecting and it can hurt. Just sit in the back car and watch the people whip around in the front car and you can see what I mean.

Not really necessary but I think a cool addition could be added to the blue and red tunnels you go through. What if the tunnel walls spun to give you the feeling that you are actually spinning, much like the rooms you walk through at fairs and haunted houses?

Not rehab related but if you were to put your hands up how much clearance is there from your finger tips to the beams? I've noticed in the tunnels I can put my hand up and easily touch the top. I'm always afraid to put my hand up when we start going fast underneath the bars in fear of it being the same height.

DisneyYorkian74

Would the payoff really be that great to do a major overhaul to Space Mountain for Disney?

They took down Disneyland's version for over a year and spent all that money; and the park's attendance is ALREADY in decline not even 2 years later.:dazzle:

I think they should just add a few minor enhancements or truly redo the entire ride completely.

Space Mountain is popular and will remain popular either way.

jedimaster1227

When did the "rumor" turn into "is going to happen"?

It isn't a question of "if" but a question of "when."

1. Lee along with nearly every other credible members on this forum have confirmed it.
2. Management has confirmed it (not documented)

And you might want to research whose information you question because Lee and Corrus are looked upon as credible sources whose information is almost always (if not always) correct. Welcome to the site, but remember that there are people who have proven themselves to be "in the know."

Coggy

It isn't a question of "if" but a question of "when."

1. Lee along with nearly every other credible members on this forum have confirmed it.
2. Management has confirmed it (not documented)

And you might want to research whose information you question because Lee and Corrus are looked upon as credible sources whose information is almost always (if not always) correct. Welcome to the site, but remember that there are people who have proven themselves to be "in the know."

Geesh!!!! You gotta love message board etiquette!!!

Who elses butt do I need to kiss around here? Maybe I need to read the FAQs more thorough. Is that where the "I am right, don't question me" list is located?

ToTBellHop

Who elses butt do I need to kiss around here? Maybe I need to read the FAQs more thorough. Is that where the "I am right, don't question me" list is located?
no...you learn that on your own. You certainly are not the first "Just Joined" person to question Lee or Corrus' knowledge, nor will you be the last. Not that you don't have a right to ask...

ThumperDude

I was going to comment on a loop being constructed then realized the height issue. And while there are many looping coasters like the Batman which are short, a loop inside the building is possible. Digging a treach/going underground. That is as far as the loop itself. But not along with everything else in there. To bad they can't find a way to make one track looping and the other not. But that's a major overhaul with new types of cars, etc. Best for an entirely new ride somewhere else. Rather see them do what their going to do, a rehab of an old fan favorite.
BTW-How do they smooth out the existing track? Do they have to replace sections of it entirely?

DisneyChik17

They took down Disneyland's version for over a year and spent all that money; and the park's attendance is ALREADY in decline not even 2 years later.:dazzle:

I am almost positive that the decline is not directly related SM. A lot of SoCal residents go when they are bored, and if they don't get bored they don't go. Attendance goes through trends, mostly because many tourists don't want to fly out in hopes of seeing DL for a day or two. Granted, their are many other thing in the LA area, it is still nothing compared to central Florida, IMO. You have Disney (4 parks, 2 water parks, Downtown, Resorts), Universal, Sea World, I-drive, tons of malls, smaller attractions (Ripley's ect.). You get more bang at WDW, even when attendance goes down it's still up. This rehab will be worth it for WDW.

no2apprentice

Attendance goes through trends, mostly because many tourists don't want to fly out in hopes of seeing DL for a day or two.

I would say this isn't quite the case. To most tourists who go to southern California, DLR is not the primary reason, but is an afterthought. WDW is a multi-day, to some a multi-week, experience. DLR is a 1-2 day experience. There are many, many events and activities promoted in the tourism industry for going to the Los Angeles and San Diego area. DLR is just a minor part of it.

And, the population of the state of Florida is just a little more than the populations of Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego Counties combined.

Buried20KLeague

Would the payoff really be that great to do a major overhaul to Space Mountain for Disney?

I think they should just add a few minor enhancements or truly redo the entire ride completely.

Space Mountain is popular and will remain popular either way.

You can't compare DL's SM. They didn't take that one down to improve it to increase attendance in the park. They took that one down because they HAD to... At the end, it was apparently stuck together with nothing more than chewing gum and band-aids... I think as Lee put it, the final night after park close, if there were people on it, it would have been bad. Like, hospital bad.

And it's also not fair to bash DL's dropping attendance. Of COURSE their attendance has dropped the past 18 months... Before that, they were celebrating the 50th, which put attendance over the moon for the year beforehand. It's nothing but natural that attendance has dropped lately.

But watch, it's about to skyrocket again when their subs open. And I'm proud to say I'll be one of the crazy people fighting the crowds for my shot and the lagoon myself. :sohappy:

Thelazer

But my friend who is my sisters best pal, knows a guy, who overheard on the bus the other day.. that makes my info so much more important than that "Lee" guy.... so therefore, since I'm a new kid.. they must be wrong, cause after all why would this guy on the bus who overheard some other guy be lyeing about it?????

Isn't that how it normally goes?????

Buried20KLeague

When did the "rumor" turn into "is going to happen"?

If Lee says it, you can take it to the bank. No need to get defensive about kissing anyone's butt... We're just doing you a favor and pointing out who's opinion you can rely on around here.

Corrus is the same way... Even though sometimes he can annoy me with his weird humor and cryptic answers... :lol: But he's earned my respect as someone who's "in the know".

jedimaster1227

Geesh!!!! You gotta love message board etiquette!!!Who elses butt do I need to kiss around here? Maybe I need to read the FAQs more thorough. Is that where the "I am right, don't question me" list is located?

Actually, this is the way this forum operates and has operated for many years. Those of us who have been here long enough know who really knows their information and who doesn't. We just finished dealing with a guy who created 12 alias user names to try to sell a Texas Disney rumor (more like shove it down our throats). Its good to see that you read the FAQ section of the forum, but there is more to this forum than what you read in the FAQ. If you have the patience to stay with us here then in time you will see what I mean...

RSoxNo1

Are these rehabs supposed to be one after another? Is the Jungle Cruise rehab supposed to begin right after the Haunted Mansion rehab? If that's the case, than Jungle Cruise probably won't be open during the Thanskgiving/Christmas/New Years season. If they wait until after the new year - they'd be pushing Space Mountain back even further.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom