Space Mountain 2.0 rumor update

wedenterprises

:( i guess I'm the only one who dosen't want to change ot at all. I like the campy, old, sci fi feel of it. i think everything about the ride is great. The queue, the ride, and end queue, all of it is great. If they want to change the track that could be ok but just don't change the end queue please.

I totally agree with you. I love the campy sci-fi feel too - and if anything they should play on this a bit more and add some more fun old school sci fi stuff (or just play what they already have up a bit). I'd say replace the track and market space mountain as "retro" and change the logo. It's a great ride still and I don't want it to be RnR.

simple marketing and a brand new track is all it needs.

Pete C

Original Poster
All of the rumors I have read now state that on-board audio is a priority. If this is the case, wouldn't track replacement and brand new trains be a necessity? Everyone knows what happened to DL's track with a retrofit of audio...it ended up putting too much stress on the track. I guess new materials could be used for new lightweight trains to offset the weight of the audio.

hauntdmansion79

I was a disboards.com member for years but still read wdwmagic's forums regularly. Then this year I made the official switch. I go to these forums everyday and read every post, I feel confident that I'm up to date on the latest news and rumors, but I just noticed how low my post number is. Unfortunately people's knowledge is often judged by their join date and number of posts, which probably renders me unreliable. I usually just enjoy reading everyone else's posts and like to watch you squabble over all these topics. Most of the time what I want to say is said multiple times and don't feel it needs to be reiterated. However, I need to start getting in there and responding, so here is my 2 cents on the SM referb.

I love the ride, and I like it bumpy and rough because it makes it excited, but I TOTALLY understand where people are saying that because it's supposed to be state-of-the-art and simulate a ride through space that it should be smooth. I agree with that. (although we could always imagine we're going through an asteroid field).:shrug:

I would love to have the track fixed up and get better audio and some cool space effects via lighting and stuff. The re-entry tunnel in DL sounds cool. Some of the referbishment is non-negotiable, it has to be done, while your at it, you might as well add some bells and whistles.

I wouldn't be in favor for inverts or corkscrews (though I do love them) because it's a classic attraction that the entire family from Jr. to Grandma can ride together and that aspect would be taken away. It was my first major roller coaster when I was 8 and I felt so cool after riding it. If you make it more intense then it might not be an 8-year-old's first roller coaster any more....thankfully it's been solidly confirmed that this won't happen anyway.

OK, now back to hiding in the wings......:wave:

EpcotServo

I wish they'd rehab it already and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand.

Ours really needs a rehab. The cars are clunky and uncomfortable, the track is rough and bumpy, and all the stars are barely there. Faded specks in the dark. I find myself thinking, "Are those stars? Or is that just dust?" Plus it smells funny.

:lol:
(I kid the Space Mountain though, it's fun! It does need a rehab however.)

cmatt

I wish they'd rehab it already and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand.

Ours really needs a rehab. The cars are clunky and uncomfortable, the track is rough and bumpy, and all the stars are barely there. Faded specks in the dark. I find myself thinking, "Are those stars? Or is that just dust?" Plus it smells funny.

:lol:
(I kid the Space Mountain though, it's fun! It does need a rehab however.)

agreed the sooner the better :wave:

.... although thats when the moaners rise to the surfice all over again and complain that its 'not what walt wanted' or its too modern and not a reflection of a tomorrow that never was :hammer:

im looking forward to those posts :D

chaggy102

agreed the sooner the better :wave:

.... although thats when the moaners rise to the surfice all over again and complain that its 'not what walt wanted' or its too modern and not a reflection of a tomorrow that never was :hammer:

im looking forward to those posts :D

That wouldn't be what Walt wanted.....:)

~Chag

fyn

I would love to see more visuals on Space Mountain. We have so many gorgeous images from the Hubble telescope that could be integrated into the ride. Fly people around nebulae, and through asteroid fields. I'm envisioning something akin to marrying Carl Sagan's Powers of Ten (is that the name?) and the original Space Mountain. Proper light design/management would be crucial, because being "dark" is one of SM's strengths. I think sections of the ride should be darker (pitch black), while others could benefit from the images I mentioned above.

Oh, and hi.

Fyn

tirian

Regarding the last few pages of posts:

On a Disneyland-centric site's forum, users regularly disagree with each other without resorting to childish name calling or immature, hyper rants.

Why can't people keep their cool over here?

State your opinion and keep the discussion friendly. Walt Disney World isn't going to blow up because it isn't operated according to one person's opinion.

----

Space Mt. will finally get the refurb it desperately needs, and WDI will do whatever their budget allows. Some people will like the results and some won't. Now talk about this like civilized people.

(Tirian walks away from his computer muttering how "some people" have false perceptions about being correct, and they assume that their opinion is always the right opinion because they've been encouraged to believe this their whole lives. :) )

tirian

I would love to see more visuals on Space Mountain. We have so many gorgeous images from the Hubble telescope that could be integrated into the ride. Fly people around nebulae, and through asteroid fields.

Great idea!

DisneyMusician2

It is certainly time for an upgrade, and some better visuals along with the sound and ride systems would both be welcome additions. I always try to discourage DL and WDW comparisons. It's a completely different business and both need to be run very differently to be successful. This has to do mostly with the crowd DL attracts being mostly local. Let WDW do what it needs to do. Over the past couple of months, MANY rehabs and projects have begun. The naysayers (including myself) who don't agree with many new management moves need to see that an effort is finally being put forward.

Skylinecar1982

What would be a cool idea

Is keep some of the original layout but update the track for bigger or loger trains... Then add on to the original layout - Space Mountain 2.0 which can be very much like rock n roller coaster. Just totally switch gears from old track to new track.

I mean it can show everyone "hey this is what we were and now this is what we have become"

A clash between old and new.

Oh yeah I dont know if this was said already but I didn;t read all pages

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom