Space Mountain 2.0 rumor update

DisneyWales

Sm2

I love Florida's Space Mountain, or as a like to call it Death Mountain.

Its a great little coaster and still put fear into me, mainly coz you kinda never know if your gonna come off alive.

However after riding the new Space Mountain in Disneyland Paris I have to say that it is one of the best coasters ever, the soundrack alone makes it better than any other coaster, and the awsome effects, seriously its one of the best things about DLRP.

However I know that this will never happen in Florida, but it would be so nice to be able to ride Mission 2 in Florida, and from what ive been abel to gather it can fit inside the building in FL.

But then I would also miss the charm and retro feel of Death i mean Space Mountain FL.

Im all for them giving it a sountrack and a new lightshow, update that bloody space station scene and the post show area.

Snapper Bean

Having ridden DL's revamped Space Mountain, I would be soundly in favor of a major overhaul of WDW's SM, even if it took the ride offline for over a year. I think on-board audio makes all the difference. They need to smooth out the ride and increase the effects (and darken the chamber if possible.

kcnole

I don't want a complete rebuild of the track and changed layout. I like the layout as it is, I just want it to be a much smoother ride with new special effects and the onboard audio. I also want to see some work put into making the queue look newer and updated and to fix up the postshow at the end. I want it to be a ride I can still ride with my wife who hates coasters but still be fun.

manutdfan1

I would love to see them make it smother and more dark but nothing else please. I love Space Mountain the way it is. It is such a Disney ride. A ride the whole family can enjoy but still gives you thrills. I love the way everything is around you while your riding. Please make it darker and smother but nothing else.

PhilharMagician

Every time I ride Space Mountain I expect a space launch. The lift hill to me is the worst part of the experience. Clankety Clank and up you go is not a good spaceship launch experience. I would also go for keeping most of the old layout and incorporate a LIM to launch smoothly, but fairly quickly to the 25 - 30 MPH speed the ride reaches. With the type of cars that are used it at the rate they are launched I am not sure it could be done.
The room needs to be darker and the effects need to somehow be brighter.

Sound, we need sound. That could really add to the depth of the ride specifically the launch. Think of the subs firing in mission space during the launch adding the vibrations and sound of the engines.

I really hope that nothing happens to the type of ride vehicle. The single rider wide rocket car is a great part of the experience.

Lets go Space Mountain II!

cmatt

gut it, make it faster, smoother single track, but not a thrill ride in that you have over shoulder harness and it goes upside down - but still give it a sense of origionality, and you could actually have a proper launch hill. Copying the paris version is a bad idea - as well i think they should definatly at least move it away from the 70's :)

cmatt

I was in DL two weeks ago, and I thought the new Chilli Peppers soundtrack on SM was a little too much RNRC and not enough Space Mountain. The premise was that The Red Hot Chilli Peppers were doing a concert at a space port or something like that. I think this is only temporary, though. I rode the DL's SM version 2 in 2005 and loved it, but I still like WDWs better. Dunno why, just do. It could stand to be a little darker in there, though...

red hot chili's? :eek: any online links to this? :wave:

Lee

Adventurer
type "Rockin Space Mountain" in on YouTube. If you want something even crappier, I dare you to type in Rockin California Screamin...

I'm torn on the whole Rockin' thing. I can see it for events like Grad Nite or something, but not as a daily thing for months at a time. Terrible.

cmatt

type "Rockin Space Mountain" in on YouTube. If you want something even crappier, I dare you to type in Rockin California Screamin...

i take back ANY enthusiasm i have just shown - that was dire :shrug:

and they have killed one of the better rhcp songs :fork:

*neurgh*

ToTBellHop

dire is a good description. It really is unfortunate. It coulda been pretty cool with better funding--I actually liked the original idea of doing it only at night, but it would have certainly had logistical hurdles. Doesn't matter, though. Light Magic could've been great, too, but that concept is dead and I'm fair certain that Rockin' Space Mountain will do the same. ROCK IT Mountain was a much cooler name...

jedimaster1227

I'm torn on the whole Rockin' thing. I can see it for events like Grad Nite or something, but not as a daily thing for months at a time. Terrible.

Just a sad attempt at giving Californians a chance to experience a Rock n' Rollercoaster without coming to MGM Studios. I do give them credit for using the Red Hot Chili Peppers music though...

hokielutz

I know this is going to be a tough decision as to whatever they ultimately decide to do to the ride. Personally, I'd prefer completely gutting and redesigning it for a truely "Tomorrow Land" ride. Even if it means I can't ride it during future visits since a conversion would shut it down for over a year.

When I say updating for a tomorrow land ride... it doesn't mean SM will be a full fledged thrill coaster. It can still travel at only 30-35 mph max. with no shoulder harness and I would be happy.

jedimaster1227

Personally, I'd prefer completely gutting and redesigning it for a truely "Tomorrow Land" ride.

Considering what just made its way over to Tomorrowland, I wouldn't ask for a truly "Tomorrowland" ride as you might end up with an attraction that is as half-baked as the Laugh Floor Comedy Club...

Slipknot

They can do whatever they want to Space Mountain, I just hope they keep the music used in the attraction (queue/ride).

Xadllas

I dont want it to change. I think thrill seekers should stay with the other Space Mountains and Disney isn't about thrill parks, get over it. An update would be nice but not a major redo. I dont think that Disneyland fans should have the right to complain about this topic because its not their resort and they have their Space Mountain (I talk on VF aswell they won't drop this topic..).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom