News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

raymusiccity

Again, I just brought up two general examples, regardless of the merits (or not) of their respective scales, use of forced perspective, etc.

We all feel your pain:
IMG_2416.JPG

Marc Davis Fan

I can see this being Epcot’s version of the almost-an-attraction restaurant concept that was successful for Be Our Guest (in fact, Disney might be viewing it as “Epcot’s BoG”). Indeed, it seems even closer to being an attraction than BoG is.

Has the construction progress caught up, or should we still expect the delayed (early-2020, rather than late-2019) opening?

Timothy_Q

I can see this being Epcot’s version of the almost-an-attraction restaurant concept that was successful for Be Our Guest (in fact, Disney might be viewing it as “Epcot’s BoG”). Indeed, it seems even closer to being an attraction than BoG is.

Has the construction progress caught up, or should we still expect the delayed (early-2020, rather than late-2019) opening?
MK - Be Our Guest
Epcot - Space Restaurant
DHS - Oga's Cantina
DAK - the TS restaurant at Pandora that was never built

BoarderPhreak

You know, I had a thought. That curvy tunnel they're building to the restaurant... I suspect it will be at least enclosed, if not buried, yes? All of this puts a nice "TT rumble buffer" between the restaurant, but... How cheap and easy a fix is this, for the tunnel - install screens that show ships leaving a dock, timed with the cars on the track. Half the F/X are free and the solution in general is also cheap. Problem solved.

lazyboy97o

You know, I had a thought. That curvy tunnel they're building to the restaurant... I suspect it will be at least enclosed, if not buried, yes? All of this puts a nice "TT rumble buffer" between the restaurant, but... How cheap and easy a fix is this, for the tunnel - install screens that show ships leaving a dock, timed with the cars on the track. Half the F/X are free and the solution in general is also cheap. Problem solved.
That’s not a tunnel. It is the main curved wall of the dining area. The block portion is the kitchen.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is this restaurant meant to have an upstairs with seating? Doesn't look like it will be very big on a single story?

This is a good question. The wall of the kitchen area appear to be at least two stories high. We have seen concept are of the seating area, but it could easily have two levels of what is seen in the art.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom