News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Movielover

That second photo! A clear photo of the main swirl and how it is mostly concrete.

I know it's not the most impressive building facade in the Disney Parks but I've always liked the MS look, The "swoopiness" of the lines and the 3D effect of the facade wrapping around the entrance is weirdly soothing to me. The fact that it's mostly all concrete just adds more to that.

ToTBellHop

"The Spaceport Tangarita, served on-the-rocks with premium Don Pesco tequila, Cointreau, fresh lime juice and just a splash of our early astronauts' favorite breakfast drink. $14.95. Comes in a souvenir "Rocket Ship" glass for $24.99"
Please. It won't be in a souvenir Rocket Ship. This company is all about synergy and Thanos travels through space. It will be served in an Infinity Gauntlet for $34.99. Extra $5 for each Infinity Stone (mined in space, of course).

I'm looking forward to the $79 Add-on after hours dessert party, where guests are invited to snap their fingers and watch most of the Epcot guests disappear.

GlacierGlacier

I know it's not the most impressive building facade in the Disney Parks but I've always liked the MS look, The "swoopiness" of the lines and the 3D effect of the facade wrapping around the entrance is weirdly soothing to me. The fact that it's mostly all concrete just adds more to that.
It's something I've always really liked too. Horizons had a dominating building, but MS has a beautiful facade perfect for the theme and style of ride inside. It's got that whole "we choose to go to the moon" feel too it.

ToTBellHop

It's something I've always really liked too. Horizons had a dominating building, but MS has a beautiful facade perfect for the theme and style of ride inside. It's got that whole "we choose to go to the moon" feel too it.
I love Mission: SPACE's façade, but that also is my beef with it. It's a façade. Classic Epcot buildings were works of art in their entirety. Mission: SPACE's façade lacks depth.

ABQ

Speaking of façades, and this may be a question for @marni1971 and I apologize for moving off topic, but as it sort of came up not long ago...was there anything behind that row of glass on the Horizon's façade or was it sort of a false row of windows? From the gloomy images during its demolition, it looked like it was just glass placed atop wood. Was the GE lounge behind a portion of it?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Speaking of façades, and this may be a question for @marni1971 and I apologize for moving off topic, but as it sort of came up not long ago...was there anything behind that row of glass on the Horizon's façade or was it sort of a false row of windows? From the gloomy images during its demolition, it looked like it was just glass placed atop wood. Was the GE lounge behind a portion of it?
‘Twas false windows.

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
I love Mission: SPACE's façade, but that also is my beef with it. It's a façade. Classic Epcot buildings were works of art in their entirety. Mission: SPACE's façade lacks depth.
You aren’t wrong at all. One of the reason epcot is my favorite of the 4 parks is due to its unique and sometimes weird architecture. Being born in 1998 and visiting epcot for the first time last year, I unfortunately never got to experience Epcot center, but seeing photos and videos of it, makes me even more amazed and jealous 😆.

Attachments

• B989B645-1F30-41EE-9ED2-7524E1FBD7AE.jpeg
    B989B645-1F30-41EE-9ED2-7524E1FBD7AE.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 326

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Horizons was beautiful inside and out. The ride concept was immensely inviting, and the building was visually stunning, from all angles.

In an attempt to stay on-topic... I do hope there are some subtle nods to Horizons in the Space restaurant (that does NOT include cupcakes :p).

And, with that, I'm off to listen to the ride audio (easier than trying to watch Martin's masterpiece at work :) ).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom