News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Jabbas

Even though this won’t be opening for awhile, I wish we knew more about it. It’s one of the things I was most excited for when they announced it.

begood524

Even though this won’t be opening for awhile, I wish we knew more about it. It’s one of the things I was most excited for when they announced it.
I agree I feel like we have gotten absolutely nothing on this project except for the two D23 announcements... I sure would appreciate some sort of official construction update/sneak peek or an opening date or something

Disneyhead'71

There was suppose to be a SpaceX geosynchronous satellite that would lower a cable into the atmosphere that would be anchored to Space 220. Unfortunately because of the economic impact of the pandemic, that effect was cut. The value imagineered replacement is a repainted "Hydolator" off to the side of the hostess podium.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Funny, the place-setting doesn't look equatorial!
Obviously the cable would be slanted. The elevator car was supposed to looked sort of like this.

Jabbas

I agree I feel like we have gotten absolutely nothing on this project except for the two D23 announcements... I sure would appreciate some sort of official construction update/sneak peek or an opening date or something

They’ve been secretive about this whole thing start to (almost) finish. It’s either going to be blow us way or a huge let down.

Old Mouseketeer

There was suppose to be a SpaceX geosynchronous satellite that would lower a cable into the atmosphere that would be anchored to Space 220. Unfortunately because of the economic impact of the pandemic, that effect was cut. The value imagineered replacement is a repainted "Hydolator" off to the side of the hostess podium.

And by "hostess podium" you, of course, mean greeter (or host/hostess) lectern because you stand ON a podium and BEHIND a lectern. (Yes, I know this is pedantic and podium is used interchangeably with lectern, but this is what the freakin' internet is FOR!!!!)

Top Bottom