News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Jabbas

Even though this won’t be opening for awhile, I wish we knew more about it. It’s one of the things I was most excited for when they announced it.

begood524

Even though this won’t be opening for awhile, I wish we knew more about it. It’s one of the things I was most excited for when they announced it.
I agree I feel like we have gotten absolutely nothing on this project except for the two D23 announcements... I sure would appreciate some sort of official construction update/sneak peek or an opening date or something

Disneyhead'71

There was suppose to be a SpaceX geosynchronous satellite that would lower a cable into the atmosphere that would be anchored to Space 220. Unfortunately because of the economic impact of the pandemic, that effect was cut. The value imagineered replacement is a repainted "Hydolator" off to the side of the hostess podium.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Funny, the place-setting doesn't look equatorial!
Obviously the cable would be slanted. The elevator car was supposed to looked sort of like this.

jacksonholetram-1920x1280.jpg

Jabbas

I agree I feel like we have gotten absolutely nothing on this project except for the two D23 announcements... I sure would appreciate some sort of official construction update/sneak peek or an opening date or something

They’ve been secretive about this whole thing start to (almost) finish. It’s either going to be blow us way or a huge let down.

Old Mouseketeer

There was suppose to be a SpaceX geosynchronous satellite that would lower a cable into the atmosphere that would be anchored to Space 220. Unfortunately because of the economic impact of the pandemic, that effect was cut. The value imagineered replacement is a repainted "Hydolator" off to the side of the hostess podium.

And by "hostess podium" you, of course, mean greeter (or host/hostess) lectern because you stand ON a podium and BEHIND a lectern. (Yes, I know this is pedantic and podium is used interchangeably with lectern, but this is what the freakin' internet is FOR!!!!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom