South Jersey / Philly Area Lunch Get-together

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
SewIn2Disney said:
Great pics! (Aren't those mini crab cakes THE BEST? I get them every time I'm there!!) Will any of you be there for dinner? I can't believe how fast you got those pics up! Could you post your screennames to go with the picture? I don't know what first name goes with what screen name.....thank you!

In the last photo, Tom (TAC) is in the middle, Bonnie (TiggerBW) is on the right, and Tom's wife Carolann is on the left. Carolann says she had a screen-name once, but she can't remember what it is. I don't actually exist, and I am a figment of your imagination.

None of us will be there for dinner. Maybe if anyone else is in the area, they'll stop by, but It seemed like we were the only ones who said we would be going.

The crab-cakes were good, but there just weren't ENOUGH of them (but that was what I wanted, so I can't complain).

SewIn2Disney

I ended up getting out of work around 3ish, and went down with my family for dinner. The place was a zoo. They weren't announcing the winner until 7:30 (even though when we called they said between 6-7) People were just sitting around at their tables, waiting for the announcement (and this was before 6!) So they were offering a round of mini golf for free just to let the people waiting a chance to eat.
They finally announced the winner around 7:45. They gave away a few door prizes as well. The grand prize winner was a woman named Susan....so I guess that's not any of us.
They will be giving away a Disney Cruise next (for the summer) then in the Fall they will be giving away another Disney Vacation.

TiggerBW

tigsmom said:
Looks like you all had a great time! Such great smiles! :sohappy:

(and the food looks yummy :slurp: )

Bonnie, my kids wanted to buy that hat for me but I opted for a mini Tigger plush who sits on my monitor. :wave:

Hey! My brother (bamboo7) bought it for me in WDW. (the hat)

I have a Tigger ontop of my monitor too! But it's a plastic little figureine. :wave:

TiggerBW

garyhoov said:
I thought Carolann also took one with The Captain in it, but I couldn't find it. Maybe that was on Bonnie's camera.

I know Bonnie got a shot of the spot I have picked out to dump Mad's body when she shows up.

I do have pictures, but I can't post them like you can Gary! Can you PM me your e-mail address and I"ll send them your way so you can post them? Thanks! :wave:

HUMAN WOOD CHIPPERS??????????????????????????? :fork: I had an egg salad sandwich and only some of my fries!!!!!!!!!!!

TAC

TiggerBW said:
I do have pictures, but I can't post them like you can Gary! Can you PM me your e-mail address and I"ll send them your way so you can post them? Thanks! :wave:

HUMAN WOOD CHIPPERS??????????????????????????? :fork: I had an egg salad sandwich and only some of my fries!!!!!!!!!!!

You can send them to me as well. :p

And her name is Carolann. No sweat, everyone tends to get it wrong: Carol Ann, Carol Anne, Carolanne. :D

surfsupdon

Nice pictures.

Is that the place right next to Southern Regional?

Beautiful weather everybody!!! Gotta love it. (If you enjoy the sunny, warm, dry, cloudless conditions). :lol:

TAC

surfsupdon said:
Nice pictures.

Is that the place right next to Southern Regional?

Beautiful weather everybody!!! Gotta love it. (If you enjoy the sunny, warm, dry, cloudless conditions). :lol:

About 3 miles or so North of the high school. Log cabin building, with a green roof.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Here are Bonnie's photos (slightly downsized from the originals in which I could count my nose-hairs):

3436%3A97523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D9%3B%3C%3D764%3DXROQDF%3E232383592324%3Aot1lsi

Tom (TAC), Bonnie (TiggerBW), Me ( The Captain )

3436%3A97523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D9%3B%3C%3D764%3DXROQDF%3E2323835923263ot1lsi

The final resting place of tigsmom.

tigsmom

garyhoov said:
Here are Bonnie's photos (slightly downsized from the originals in which I could count my nose-hairs):

3436%3A97523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D9%3B%3C%3D764%3DXROQDF%3E232383592324%3Aot1lsi

Tom (TAC), Bonnie (TiggerBW), Me ( The Captain )

3436%3A97523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D9%3B%3C%3D764%3DXROQDF%3E2323835923263ot1lsi

The final resting place of tigsmom.

:eek:... may as well eat that cheesecake. :lookaroun

TiggerBW

YAY! PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!

I'm game.

A Sunday afternoon maybe?
Maybe a Saturday night if Aaron wants to join me. (i only get to see him on Saturdays normally)

As far as weekends, I can go Saturday June 4th (Against Arizona at 7pm)
Sunday June 12th against Milwaukee at 1:35

and that's all i know for now. during the week i can go, but i'd be tired, Friday nights are good.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
TiggerBW said:
YAY! PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!

I'm game.

A Sunday afternoon maybe?
Maybe a Saturday night if Aaron wants to join me. (i only get to see him on Saturdays normally)

As far as weekends, I can go Saturday June 4th (Against Arizona at 7pm)
Sunday June 12th against Milwaukee at 1:35

and that's all i know for now. during the week i can go, but i'd be tired, Friday nights are good.

Either of those dates should work for me. Who else is interested? If we can figure out how many tickets we need, I can try to reserve them. Then I'll see if we can work something at will-call so when someone shows up they can pay for the tickets there.

TiggerBW

or if we have to pay ahead, maybe if you have pay pal (i do) people could just put their ticket money into your account then you could order tickets and leave them at will call.

(or i could - whatever!)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
TiggerBW said:
or if we have to pay ahead, maybe if you have pay pal (i do) people could just put their ticket money into your account then you could order tickets and leave them at will call.

(or i could - whatever!)

I'm an old man. You don't expect me to know how to work something like that do you? If people can pay to your paypall to reserve a spot, I can buy the tickets and then you can pay me. That would eliminate my concern that I'll buy 10 tickets and only 5 people would show up.

I just did a quick check and it looks like I can get 10 seats together in section 137 on June 4th for $35 + $3 per seat plus another $4 charge for God-knows-what, so $384 for the 10 tickets.

So how's this for a tentative plan: Anyone who's interested can post on here and you and they can work out your paypal details. They can send ($39? to cover ticket and paypal fee?) and I'll buy tickets for as many people as we have.

Then my only concern is - can we get tickets easily to people who might be arriving early or late, or are we all going to have to meet up before going to the game? Do you think the will-call window will let me leave different tickets from the same block for different people?

Does that work? If not, I'm open to other suggestions.

TiggerBW

or i could just buy the tickets once people pay me also..........i have an account with the phillies. :)
i'm pretty sure they will work with you and hold them at will call. i just may have to give names to them to hold them there.

all sounds good to me!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
TiggerBW said:
or i could just buy the tickets once people pay me also..........i have an account with the phillies. :)
i'm pretty sure they will work with you and hold them at will call. i just may have to give names to them to hold them there.

all sounds good to me!

Well I didn't want to volunteer you, but if you've got Bill Giles on your speed-dial . . .:lol:

That sounds good. Since I haven't been to a game in about 4 years, I'm sure you know more about it than I do. I may have to pay you in cash though unless I can remember my paypall password (I think the last time I used it was when I signed up here).

How do those seats look to you? I just typed asked for 10 seats in the best $35 zone, and that's what came up. I guess the longer we wait, the more limited our shoices will be. . . SO, VINCE, CHECK YOUR SCHEDULE ALREADY, HOW DIFFICULT IS THAT?!?!:p

MerHearted

Alright, alright. Count me in... but if Heather Mitts calls me for a date that day, I'm holding it against all of you! :lookaroun :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom