South American tour groups now on property in big numbers

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
I went to MK last night and it was very clear that this past week has seen a massive arrival of large tour groups from South America. The groups had seemed to have diminished in recent years, but yesterday they were certainly in full force.

ob1thx1138

We were there from June 27 till July 5 and I saw at least 3 different groups each day we were at the park. And I also know that a very large group were staying at POR as I saw 3 full bus loads arrive from the Magic Kingdom while I was waiting for my wife to come out of the gift shop. They were all teenage girls wearing matching yellow tank tops.

I have to say these groups were the only real negative part to our first trip to Disney World. They really slowed things down whenever you happened upon them. Fortunately they were not following the same touring plan as we were so we just ran into them between attractions.

BrerFrog

They shall stay there until the end of the month, since August marks the beginning of the second semester of classes around these parts. Until then there will be chaos and noise at WDW.

Brian Noble

I have to admit, we were there last summer, and thought that these tour groups generally were well-behaved, and boisterously fun. True, every once in a while you might get caught in a queue behind one, but c'est la vie. It's just part of July at WDW!

Neverland

I went to Hollywood Studios the other evening and counted 8 in just the first hour I was there! They were all well-behaved, but wow. Each one of them must have had at least 40 people.

ob1thx1138

I agree the groups we saw were generally well behaved, they just caused a lot of bottle necks when trying to move around the park. I think if they would just divide them up into smaller groups it would not be an issue at all.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We will never again visit in July for the one reason of tour groups.

I`m a laid back person but if I saw one more brightly T-shirted mass group with a flag marching through the park my AP would be rejected after I was finished with them....

UberPlannerMom

I saw a bunch of them when I was there on the 5th. I generally only have two complaints about them. First of all when they cross the path they do so in a single file line and act like they will die a certain death if you cross through that during that 50 person wait. Secondly, when they get off a ride they all congregate in a huge impassable mass while waiting for the rest of their group to finish up. Otherwise, more power to them!:ROFLOL:

muteki

My experiences with them have mostly just been slight irritation, though they have really bugged me once or twice. Showing up at an attraction right after a group of 100 is somewhat irksome but just bad luck. Heaven forbid though that you happen to line up in the middle of their group, they will struggle to skip the line to get back with their group. And because they can't say excuse me due to their lack of english, pushing and shoving is obviously the only alternative :p

That, and staking claim to a huge patch of high-traffic pathway to sit down and regroup. I am not sure if it is a cultural thing or what, but I went on several school trips to WDW, and the whole point was you and your friends ditching everyone else and doing what you wanted.

But yeah, never in July:hammer:

jonnyc

My first major run in with the tour groups on this current trip, my main frustration is when they talk during preshows!

Cmdr_Crimson

When I was in AK in Jan 07 at Camp Minnie-Mickey It was nice and quiet with no one there as the people left FoTLK. When all of a sudden a Man with a flag stood in an empty section of Minnie-Mickey. He Raised his flag and BOOM about 50 to 60 people come out of nowhere..There frickin ninjas I have no clue where they came from..It was incredible!

Deadman

My main frustration is when they try to bump you out of the way when you're in line for something and when you try to get past and say excuse me but they don't wanna move cause they act like they don't understand English

Hrudey3032

My main frustration is when they try to bump you out of the way when you're in line for something and when you try to get past and say excuse me but they don't wanna move cause they act like they don't understand English

Yea on the HM in 2004 me and my brother were walking up to the load area after meeting the Ghost Host and one the teen boys in the group came up from behind me and pushed me so he get caught up to his group and as such he knocked my left hand into the wall and completely messed up my month old video camera. I had never in all the years I have been going to WDW been as upset as I was then. I was irate and wanted to find that young man badly. To this day I never walk with with my cam out to the side like that afraid I will get bumped again ruining another camera/camcorder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom