South American tour groups now on property in big numbers

Brian Noble

We just got back. The groups didn't seem to be as "clumped together" for the most part as I remember. There were a few that were big, but only a few. There was a set of them that tried to take a mini-nap in the EO preshow, but they were quickly rousted to their feet---not by the CMs, but by the group leaders. I appreciated that.

wdwfan22

I just spent 14 days at the world, and while the groups were there in full force we never encounted a problem with them. They chanted a couple of times here and there but for the most part were well behaved. No line cutting or anything like that.

DisneyBoi1215

There are some tour groups that shock me when at work and are actually really nice teens/adults, but it is some of the other groups that tend to bring the rides down and other rude behavior that really get under my skin. Sure, I understand that the chanting and stuff is normal, but the line cutting and getting x amount of FP's like a previous poster mentioned is beyond insane. I've heard rumors where the tour guides aren't even supposed to get FP's for their groups, but they do anyways. They really should limit FP's for large groups.

_Scar

Went to DHS today and saw a group of around 30+ and they were basically all teenagers.

It was frightening seeing them all in the FP line of RnRC while in the standby all at once. Needless to say, we were now behind 30+ people and had to wait for them and then some. I feel bad for whoever has to collect the FPs for all those people!

And it was specifically Brazillian in bright yellow/green shirts, but I must admit there was no chanting.

DABIGCHEEZ

Went to DHS today and saw a group of around 30+ and they were basically all teenagers.

It was frightening seeing them all in the FP line of RnRC while in the standby all at once. Needless to say, we were now behind 30+ people and had to wait for them and then some. I feel bad for whoever has to collect the FPs for all those people!

And it was specifically Brazillian in bright yellow/green shirts, but I must admit there was no chanting.

Did you just call the Brazilian tour groups..... Brazilian??? :lol: How dare you!!! :ROFLOL:

Some folks on here are going to get their panties in a bunch!! :D

Dwarful

We were there July 17 -24. Stayed at Yacht Club so we had no pool or room issues with the groups. We could spot them easily and veer our plans as needed...except for a few occasions.

1). Waiting for the Electrical Light Parade at MK ...right by the red sleigh, across from the funnel cake stand. We were there an hour and a half early. About 30 minutes before the parade a group of 12 squeezes in behind us...about 10 minutes before the parade here comes 40 more carrying about 60 hot dogs and sodas. One guy tried to squeeze under the rope and accidentally clotheslined a Canadian boy sitting near us...it wasn't pretty.

2). While using FP's at Test Track a whole group of about 50 in yellow shirts went into the single rider line. The CM at the entrance was telling them it was single rider, one person per car. They went in that line anyway because there was no line. When they got to the loading CM they were saying "6" and she was like, no I need one and they were holding up 6 fingers saying 'No Englise"...another CM showed up pretty fast, talked to them and they shut up and rode one at a time in available cars. The girl in our car cried the whole ride.

3). At the American Experience (name?) at Epcot we headed over on Saturday July 24 at the 11 AM performance just as the doors were getting ready to close a big group comes in and sits in the two rows behind us...the guide picked the rows as the theater was pretty empty...maybe 40 people watching the show. Well, the group behind us talked, laughed, texted and kicked seats through the whole show. We moved once..but at the end I went over and told the group leader that out of consideration of others they shoudln't drag these kids into other shows that they have no intention of watching in an appropriate manner because not only do the kids get nothing out of it..it ruins the experience for those who wanted to enjoy the show.

We didn't let any of this ruin our trip and out of 8 days...three first hand experiences weren't too bad. Now if we had lost our parade viewing area...it might have gotten ugly!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I foresee this thread getting shut down as as soon as a certain member finds it and starts accusing people of racism and sexism. :rolleyes:

Dwarful

Did you take notes during these encounters?

nope, no note taking...only remember these things sticking out on our trip...because this trip was practically perfect. We loved the resort, the pool, most of our dining, even the trip down...the girls had amazing bladder control...made it all the way to Atlanta before having to make a restroom break (that's about 8 hours from here). The parade thing was a bit scarey actually, because that little boy had a welt on his neck from the rope clotheslining him...wasn't pretty at all. The FP episode stuck out because we all figured the original CM would just put them in as few cars as possible to get them on and off the ride quickly and out of line, when another cm came over that didn't happen, thats how we got the crying girl in with us. I don't know why she was crying..was she scared? upset at going alone? All I know was my husband immediately changed places with me and took the outside seat...The third encounter...I had a 'mom' moment and the kids didn't let me forget it...but dang, I LOVE that show...and I agreed to skip Hall of Presidents in order to do that...went early to avoid crowds and then that happened...it sort of became the joke of our trip...

Phineas

Generally, The tours are over by the second week of August, give or take a day. You should be fine, assuming the heat doesn't get to you. My family just got back, and I had forgotten how brutal the weather can be in August, but anything's better than going in July and encountering the tour groups and dealing with their antics.

_Scar

We hate pulling our kids out of school for a week in Sept but this is why it is totally worth it.

They really aren't bad at all.

Going on a week trip in August I only noticed 1 group.

Think about it: the average park day has around 30-40,000 guests. Only maybe 100 or so are in a tour group. So the odds of encountering them are around .003 %

:lol::lookaroun

A week out of school is tough to recover from!

Tybee

Linger slowly ....surely. :animwink:

141016.jpg

R.I.P. Robert Altman...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom