Soundstage 1 - HOT SET - WE ARE PREPARING FOR A NEW PRODUCTION

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Now that the wall has partially been removed from the Backlot Tour end of Pixar Place, guests can now walk right up to Soundstage 1, rumored to be the next location of the Pixar Place expansion. The windows are currently blacked out, with the sign above reading HOT SET - WE ARE PREPARING FOR A NEW PRODUCTION.

Photos at http://www.wdwmagic.com/disneyshollywoodstudios.htm

darthjohnny

Hmm.... For now, they're probably preparing the Wicket's Warehouse shop for Star Wars Weekends. Nothing to get too excited about.

But hopefully we'll get a fun attraction in the near future. :)

jt04

Shoot, I thought the title meant that they were actually going to start filming somthing at the studios like the old days. :lol:

There is definitely a bit of nostalgia for all the people who miss the early days of MGM Studios in the marquee. It really is a nice touch. But it also is a throwback to the days when WDW was able to build great anticipation for a new attraction such as Space Mountain or Pirates or even Splash Mountain. Great sign! DHS is really getting good at these added details and someone should be getting a pat on the back for going the extra mile.:sohappy:

t3techcom18

Yeah,jt04,it reminds me of the old hype that Disney would do.

Like "Watch this SPACE" around Horizons and whatnot.

Nice little teaser

I LOVED those types of promos before!! It still makes me wonder why they don't do it anymore that often, the last time I saw it was at EE with the "Bringing Adventures to New Heights" tag. I miss that...but this definitely brings back the nostalgia of the former self of the Studios. :sohappy:

Edit: 600th post!!! w00t!

Piebald

Last time I was in that building, there was absolutely nothing. It was like a giant, empty warehouse. Not that it takes long to demolish something, but if they were to build anything, they would save the amount of time it took to demolish let's say the Millionaire stage,etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom