Soundstage 1 - HOT SET - WE ARE PREPARING FOR A NEW PRODUCTION

OrlandoBoy

I personally see the new coaster as either Monsters Inc or Incredibles, the HISTK playground converted to A Bug's Life, and the Studio Catering Co. someone converted to a partially outdoor version of the restaurant from Ratatouille. Maybe you will actually dine in the kitchen from the movie, instead.

This only leaves us with a hole for Cars. Maybe they will replicate Radiator Springs Racers near Cat Canyon.

jt04

cosmics101 just said "So the 'Studios theme' is going away then? If so, that's really dissapointing."

And RnR and ToT are part of the studios theme.

:brick::hammer::brick::ROFLOL:

I have no idea what you are getting at. RnR is not leaving (though it could get themed to the 1950's someday) and ToT is not leaving either (unless it disappears into a parallel universe, kinda like I feel I might do at any second :lol:)

Paul06TC

how about Pizza Planet moving to Pixar Place....only place where it should be now. Then they could build something grand in the space where Pizza Planet was and the old Hunchback Theater is.

Yankeeplex

Would they put another Monster Inc. named piece in MGM...oops, I mean DHS, after using the name for the MK comedy show? Just wondering out loud... :shrug:

dreamfinder

For those who remember the EARLY days of MGM Studios... wasn't Soundstage 1 (and maybe other soundstages) actually used to produce television shows? I seem to remember walking through Soundstage 1 as part of the Backstage Tour and watching them work on some Disney Channel show. I believe it was only in recent years that this space was used for a "meet and greet" (using only a fraction of the building's space).

I'm not certain what number Soundstage is what, but years ago I did sit through a taping of the New Mickey Mouse Club!! Their Earth Day concert actually. They did use them for taping and production years ago.

comics101

Not sure how you came to that conclusion? :confused:

They just put up a sign that says "PIXAR STUDIOS". I am pretty sure that this will be the portal to several "mini-lands" that feature different PIXAR films (products if you will) that wind and turn down different streets and alley ways. Kinda like a "Main Street USA" for Pixar Studios. I think the "Studios" concept is just getting started. Or I am completely wrong and they will be taping feature films and TV shows there any day now :lookaroun

Sorry if I confused you, but I know they'll never film in the park again, and I think I get the portal thing. What I want to know is if they'll ever build things like Star Tours again, where it looks like you're in a studio throughout the attraction. The park has been themed that way since it was opened, and it'll be sad to see that type of theming go. It really made you feel as if you were in a movie studio. I'm not saying I want it to return to a working studio, but I think they should created the illusion of a working studio. As you stated, curently Pixar Place looks like the Pixar Studios, but from what I understand, if that Monster's Inc land rumor were true, it wouldn't appear that way.

jt04

Sorry if I confused you, but I know they'll never film in the park again, and I think I get the portal thing. What I want to know is if they'll ever build things like Star Tours again, where it looks like you're in a studio throughout the attraction. The park has been themed that way since it was opened, and it'll be sad to see that type of theming go. It really made you feel as if you were in a movie studio. I'm not saying I want it to return to a working studio, but I think they should created the illusion of a working studio. As you stated, curently Pixar Place looks like the Pixar Studios, but from what I understand, if that Monster's Inc land rumor were true, it wouldn't appear that way.

Nobody is talking but I am conviced the arch next to the Backlot Tour entrance (that looks eiffel tower-esque) is a story telling device. It may not be too difficult to overlay that little "square" (the area surrounding the "Splash" movie fountain) into a Monsters Inc mini-land with the ride going in Studio 1. But I am 100% speculating at this point. I think Jim Hill was saying a Ratatouille Restaurant might be going into Studio 1 so as you can see the rumors are all over the place right now. :shrug:

By the way, the "working studios" theme is almost definitely going away. If you want to see this theme at it's best, I suggest Universal Studios Hollywood. (I can't believe I said that):lookaroun

comics101

Nobody is talking but I am conviced the arch next to the Backlot Tour entrance (that looks eiffel tower-esque) is a story telling device. It may not be too difficult to overlay that little "square" (the area surrounding the "Splash" movie fountain) into a Monsters Inc mini-land with the ride going in Studio 1. But I am 100% speculating at this point. I think Jim Hill was saying a Ratatouille Restaurant might be going into Studio 1 so as you can see the rumors are all over the place right now. :shrug:

By the way, the "working studios" theme is almost definitely going away. If you want to see this theme at it's best, I suggest Universal Studios Hollywood. (I can't believe I said that):lookaroun

Ok. I'll miss the working studio theme, but maybe what they'll build will be better. I think USF does a decent job of having a fake studio too...

RSoxNo1

Ok. I'll miss the working studio theme, but maybe what they'll build will be better. I think USF does a decent job of having a fake studio too...

With the stunt shows, Great Movie Ride, and to a lesser extent American Idol, there are still elements of being a Studio

JLW11Hi

I see what you are saying, but I feel differently about the working studio theming. I would rather see them immerse you in the worlds they create instead of actively reminding you that it is all fake.

I understand what they tried to do with things like New York Street and letting you see the backsides of all the facades, like a real movie studio, but I think it kind of ruins the fun!

jt04

I see what you are saying, but I feel differently about the working studio theming. I would rather see them immerse you in the worlds they create instead of actively reminding you that it is all fake.

I understand what they tried to do with things like New York Street and letting you see the backsides of all the facades, like a real movie studio, but I think it kind of ruins the fun!
Well Said! I could not agree more.

djkidkaz

I agree. Its like the LMA Stunt Show. When it started I was thinking "Wow, neat, etc", but then moments later they started telling me how it was all done and it immediately burst my bubble. "Oh, so theres a guy facing the other way in the car and its not really driving backwards." :rolleyes:

Its like going to a magic show and after the trick, the magician shows you how its done. Its always underwhelming and ruins the whole bit.

Slowjack

I agree. Its like the LMA Stunt Show. When it started I was thinking "Wow, neat, etc", but then moments later they started telling me how it was all done and it immediately burst my bubble. "Oh, so theres a guy facing the other way in the car and its not really driving backwards." :rolleyes:

Its like going to a magic show and after the trick, the magician shows you how its done. Its always underwhelming and ruins the whole bit.
Plus for me there's the issue of repeat viewings. The first few times I saw the Indy Stunt Show, the "overlay" of fake filming was cool, but now it just sort of gets in the way and I'd rather just see a straight-up Indy-themed stunt show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom