Soundstage 1 - HOT SET - WE ARE PREPARING FOR A NEW PRODUCTION

Brian Noble

I feel the same way about the Coaster pre-show. Yeah yeah, we get it---we've got to get across town quickly. Can we get to the fun bits already?

Tower, on the other hand---love the Serling bit. Great stuff.

jt04

I feel the same way about the Coaster pre-show. Yeah yeah, we get it---we've got to get across town quickly. Can we get to the fun bits already?

Tower, on the other hand---love the Serling bit. Great stuff.

Exactly my thoughts. After the first time you experience the RnRC's preshow it's just something that you have to do to get to the ride. I am really hoping they eventually turn it into a tribute to the early days of rock with different music and bands featured. The pre-show would have to feature a ficticious band but I am sure they could get rights to many songs from the early history of the industry. I am sure there are many artists/estates that would love to be featured. They should start with Chubby Checker (The Twist, get it). Imagine a different random song everytime through. It would really enhance the ride.

comics101

I see what you are saying, but I feel differently about the working studio theming. I would rather see them immerse you in the worlds they create instead of actively reminding you that it is all fake.

I understand what they tried to do with things like New York Street and letting you see the backsides of all the facades, like a real movie studio, but I think it kind of ruins the fun!

I kinda know what you mean, but doesn't that take away from the park's identity? If they did immerse you in the worlds the way you're talking of, what would seperate DHS from MK?

Just as an FYI, tomorrow is the annual "Spring Fling" for Studios cast. It's going to be held inside of Sound Studio 1. So don't get excited about anything happening in there anytime soon...

JLW11Hi

I kinda know what you mean, but doesn't that take away from the park's identity? If they did immerse you in the worlds the way you're talking of, what would seperate DHS from MK?

Good question.

Most of the park does try to be a movie studio, or a backlot of some kind. But I think Midway Mania is a good example of what I'd hope they continue doing with theming. They set up the area to be Pixar studios, which fits in great with the studios theme. And as you enter the building, you slowly transition into Andy's Bedroom. And they don't try to pretend they are making a film or something forced like that.

I'm not sure I have the best answer for that. I sort of feel that DHS is the alternate MK where you see attractions themed to a broader range of Disney film properties, like Indiana Jones and Star Tours. Then you can have mini lands that go deeper into the film that their respective attractions represent.

Muppet Vision 3D does this pretty good. You'd expect to see the Muppets at DHS, and they seem to fit in good in that old building in the New York section of the park. It'd just be nice if the whole New York/Streets of America area wasn't revealing itself to be fake by revealing the backs of all the facades.

T-1MILLION

nah , lol what I saw was MUCH bigger. and didnt have a shell (?) around it. Think 8 or 9 feet tall. remeber though, this was at least two years ago

I know exactly what you are talking about! It was from a special almost three or four years old now actually. At the end of the special on the travel channel it was mentioning how Imagineers continue to go through research and development on projects and one of them was a group situation as if in a mock up theatre enviorment and a wall on the left came falling down flat as a giant robot walked over it with peg like feet. Looked like a space station type theme. Very interesting looking and I kept getting my hopes up since it was a large scale free roaming animatronic that had to do with a neat looking experience!

Just as an FYI, tomorrow is the annual "Spring Fling" for Studios cast. It's going to be held inside of Sound Studio 1. So don't get excited about anything happening in there anytime soon...

Aww, Spring Fling was sooo much fun. I'm glad to hear Soundstage 1 didn't get eaten up by TSM. It is such a cool building. I remember going in there to set up for a CM party and looking around in that huge Soundstage by myself was an amazing experience.

So 2 questions, does anybody know what was actually filmed in Stage 1? Was this the home of the MMC? I've tried Googling it and can't find any info.

Also, what happened to the Sorcerer Mickey M&G? Did they move him somewhere else?

jt04

Aww, Spring Fling was sooo much fun. I'm glad to hear Soundstage 1 didn't get eaten up by TSM. It is such a cool building. I remember going in there to set up for a CM party and looking around in that huge Soundstage by myself was an amazing experience.

So 2 questions, does anybody know what was actually filmed in Stage 1? Was this the home of the MMC? I've tried Googling it and can't find any info.

Also, what happened to the Sorcerer Mickey M&G? Did they move him somewhere else?

Yes he is in the Animation attraction now.

But to get this thead back on track. The Cars M&G is being moved to Al's Barn so this appears to be the first step in reimagining the area in front of the Backlot Tour IMO.

redkoala245

I didn't know Soundstage 1 is still there. I thought that both soundstage 1 and where millionare was is both now TSM. I wonder what attraction is coming in for the near future.

Enigma

Account Suspended
I know exactly what you are talking about! It was from a special almost three or four years old now actually. At the end of the special on the travel channel it was mentioning how Imagineers continue to go through research and development on projects and one of them was a group situation as if in a mock up theatre enviorment and a wall on the left came falling down flat as a giant robot walked over it with peg like feet. Looked like a space station type theme. Very interesting looking and I kept getting my hopes up since it was a large scale free roaming animatronic that had to do with a neat looking experience!

According to Jim Hill that was an "autonmus moving platform" which later got rolled into the living charecter initiative. What you saw was them building a dinosaur which they were hoping to incorporate into a parade if the movie DINOSAUR was sucessful. When that failed, they began work on a smaller model that we know as Lucky and later on developed the Muppet and Wall-E versions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom