Soundstage 1 - HOT SET - WE ARE PREPARING FOR A NEW PRODUCTION

camithepirate

i may be crawling out on a limb, but has anyone thought it might be something Wall-E related? being pixar-place and all..... I remeber seeing a disney show at least a year ago (probably more) and there was a very very short bit at the end talking about things for the future, and there was a clip of imagineers working with a giant free moving robot that looked very similar to what Wall-E is.

just a thought? make sense with disney trying to hype the movie. :shrug:

PhotoDave219

Would I be correct in assuming that since they are only just now opening Midway Mania, that it will be quite a while before they actually start building the next attraction for Pixar Place?

Not if you're a betting man..... If I'm a betting man? I'm thinking something along the lines of the Monsters Inc dark ride opening within 18 months. (Complete guess and speculation, no real source this time) .....

pax_65

For those who remember the EARLY days of MGM Studios... wasn't Soundstage 1 (and maybe other soundstages) actually used to produce television shows? I seem to remember walking through Soundstage 1 as part of the Backstage Tour and watching them work on some Disney Channel show. I believe it was only in recent years that this space was used for a "meet and greet" (using only a fraction of the building's space).

jt04

Not if you're a betting man..... If I'm a betting man? I'm thinking something along the lines of the Monsters Inc dark ride opening within 18 months. (Complete guess and speculation, no real source this time) .....

You are right! I had always thought the industrial arch looked like Paris archiitecture but it could easily fit the world of Monsters Inc. Especially if you have seen the pictures of the meet-n-greet they just built. I have changed my mind and am now leaning towards thinking it is a Monsters Inc. mini-land. This would also be consistant with what Jedimaster was hinting at. I think you have solved the mystery of the arch. Congradulations! :)

Pseybert

Update for you guys:

On Thursday there is a Studios Cast Member celebration inside Soundstage 1 called "Spring Fling." It is said to include games, food, and a liquidation sale. This is all from the latest tell-a-cast.

So if there's anything big happening in there, there will be tons of cast members to see it and report about it.

nanna

i doubt that they will have a CM event in there if construction would already have started! but it would be good if CM could take some photos of the inside while they are in there.

Lee

Adventurer
Same. Toyko's version would be a good fit.
Fit as far as size...sure.
But not gonna happen. Far too similar to TSM next door.

Everything I hear/have heard points to an indoor family coaster.

i doubt that they will have a CM event in there if construction would already have started!
Correct. Nothing substantial happening in there yet.

NewfieFan

So, is it a dark ride, a coaster, or combination of the two? Or do we even know at this point? Either way, I'm excited and hoping for a Monsters Inc. theme!

Fun2BFree

So, is it a dark ride, a coaster, or combination of the two? Or do we even know at this point? Either way, I'm excited and hoping for a Monsters Inc. theme!

It's Beastlie Kingdomme. :lookaroun

Seriously though, I expect something Ratatouille or Incredibles, as those are the only Pixar films without an attraction. I for one would probably cry if it was another Nemo attraction. :shrug:

jt04

It's Beastlie Kingdomme. :lookaroun

Seriously though, I expect something Ratatouille or Incredibles, as those are the only Pixar films without an attraction. I for one would probably cry if it was another Nemo attraction. :shrug:

Only thing is Jedimaster hinted it might be themed to a theme already being used at another of the parks and Iger said no Ratatouille rides are planned so that narrows the possibilities substatially. (wow!, I used Iger and Jedimaster in the same sentence).

LudwigVonDrake

i may be crawling out on a limb, but has anyone thought it might be something Wall-E related? being pixar-place and all..... I remeber seeing a disney show at least a year ago (probably more) and there was a very very short bit at the end talking about things for the future, and there was a clip of imagineers working with a giant free moving robot that looked very similar to what Wall-E is.

just a thought? make sense with disney trying to hype the movie. :shrug:

Is this what you're referring to? :D

http://www.vimeo.com/1014358

comics101

No.
Everythng from the arch, all the way down to where the entrance to the Backlot Tour is (for now) located will be Pixar Place.
And then....it will likely grow even more.

So the "Studios theme" is going away then? If so, that's really dissapointing. I wish they would just pretend it were a working studio. I think that'd be pretty cool.

jt04

So the "Studios theme" is going away then? If so, that's really dissapointing. I wish they would just pretend it were a working studio. I think that'd be pretty cool.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion? :confused:

They just put up a sign that says "PIXAR STUDIOS". I am pretty sure that this will be the portal to several "mini-lands" that feature different PIXAR films (products if you will) that wind and turn down different streets and alley ways. Kinda like a "Main Street USA" for Pixar Studios. I think the "Studios" concept is just getting started. Or I am completely wrong and they will be taping feature films and TV shows there any day now :lookaroun

DisneyDude121

I don't think Disney will completly take away the studios theme but we will see some Pixar in the future. Disney wouldn't be stupid enough to take away RnR or ToT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom