Sounds Dangerous to operate daily until May 2011

JimboJones123

What he said. Nothing is cooler than foley artists. Well, maybe bow ties...

"Bowties are cool."

On one hand, the kids have never done it in their eight trips.

On the more important hand, Lee is right. The original show was the only part of the initial opening of the park that stood out as outstanding entertainment. Universal Studios Hollywood has no problem doing a VERY similar foley show. I don't get how they could let this always unique experience turn into the "give you a cool dark room to nap in attraction."

Brian_B

I really enjoy Sounds Dangerous, as well!

So for getting the chance to do this regularly again, I also say :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: !

Brian's law: For every attraction B that has replaced far superior attraction A, superfans of B are EXTREMELY likely never to have even heard or experienced A.

Just saying.

rsoxguy

Sweaty seats and sweaty headphones. Oh, if only the perspiration-laden tourist sitting next to me were large enough to overlap into my personal space, I could then call this unpleasant attraction "Sweats Dangerous".

bgraham34

Sweaty seats and sweaty headphones. Oh, if only the perspiration-laden tourist sitting next to me were large enough to overlap into my personal space, I could then call this unpleasant attraction "Sweats Dangerous".

I never thought about the sweaty headphones before. I shall pass this from now on.:hurl:

Thrill Seeker

Bring back Monster Sound Show!

That is all...:cool:

Amen!!! Now THAT was a good attraction...

In all honestly, Sounds Dangerous is a really bad attraction. One of my friends tried to justify how it's actually alright and I really didn't get it. You sit in a dark room with old, outdated headphones on and listen to Drew Carry fumble around. It's not that funny and the show is just boring. Besides being a good place to nap, it's not worth your time.

Maybe once Star Tours re-opens, this crappy attraction can finally be put out of it's misery...

CaptainWinter

I admit I've never made it over to Sounds Dangerous. I did see the old foley show, which I thought was very good. But (here comes a mini-rant) I really think WDW needs to stop turning off the lights (cf. JIIwF, SGE). Turning off the lights is the least creative, most commonplace, *cheapest* way to create a visual (um, I guess) environment. Jeez, I can do that in my own home. In any of my rooms, in fact.

Yes, depriving you of your visual sense can open up the door to other parts of your imagination, etc., etc., I get it. But I go to WDW to be immersed in amazing environments I cannot trivially recreate in my own bathroom.

No more turning off the lights. It's just not up to par. End rant.

SoccerMickey

Even when Sounds Dangerous opened I never understood why they thought that attraction was a good idea when the post show of this attraction has been doing this same concept since the park opened and the post show does the same gimmick BETTER than the actual attraction. If anyone here has never been in the little sound booths at the exit to Sounds Dangerous, by all means, check them out. It's a cute little audio show.
Rafiki's Planet Watch has them too featuring Pocahontas' Grandmother Willow introducing the sounds of the rainforest. Oddly enough, they do not find an excuse to give listeners a haircut like they do with all the other binaural attractions.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
As Star Tours prepares to go under refurbishment, Sounds Dangerous Staring Drew Carey will remain operational every day through May 2011.

Can't post the proof; see for yourselves in the next few weeks.

Discuss?

This is the most diappointing change I've read about. I put this in the category of Stitch's Great Escape. DHS is made better when this is shut down.

If they want to draw some crowds to absorb Star Tours closing, put the original Monster Sound Show made in there. That was fun.

Even when Sounds Dangerous opened I never understood why they thought that attraction was a good idea when the post show of this attraction has been doing this same concept since the park opened and the post show does the same gimmick BETTER than the actual attraction. If anyone here has never been in the little sound booths at the exit to Sounds Dangerous, by all means, check them out. It's a cute little audio show.
Rafiki's Planet Watch has them too featuring Pocahontas' Grandmother Willow introducing the sounds of the rainforest. Oddly enough, they do not find an excuse to give listeners a haircut like they do with all the other binaural attractions.

Agreed. Those booths are great!

SoccerMickey

If they want to draw some crowds to absorb Star Tours closing, put the original Monster Sound Show made in there. That was fun.

YESS!! The Original Monster Sound Show!! That was great and if anyone complains that its outdated, then direct that person to look at the ABC Trivia outside of Sounds Dangerous. First, they use that BRIGHT lime green background that ABC was using in the late '90's and it all focuses on shows that have been off the air for a really long time, like, The Practice and Spin City. Are these shows even in syndication?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom