Sounds Dangerous to operate daily until May 2011

Space Mountain

Original Poster
As Star Tours prepares to go under refurbishment, Sounds Dangerous Staring Drew Carey will remain operational every day through May 2011.

Can't post the proof; see for yourselves in the next few weeks.

Discuss?

britlightyear

This makes me very happy! We have been to wdw 4 times and it has never been open. I know some people don't like it but it will be nice just to know what everyone is talking about!

nepalostparks

This makes me very happy! We have been to wdw 4 times and it has never been open. I know some people don't like it but it will be nice just to know what everyone is talking about!

If you take it for what it is, it's not a horrible attraction. It's just in this very visually stimulating instant gratification age, having to rely on your imagination to fill in the visuals isn't appealing to many. (And Disney does a great job in almost the rest of their attractions of giving you very appealing and stimulating visuals.)

I've only done it once, and as someone who likes radio and having to use my imagination in that sense, I got what they were trying to go for. (And for the record, I'm under 30 :lol:)

Tigger1988

Really don't get why they even bother with that attraction anymore. It's closed 90% of the time and well, it's not all that good. Put something worth watching in there.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I actually like this attraction. It is mildly amusing to do once in a while. It's been years since it has been open when I'm actually in the parks. I'm glad it might be there in December when I go again. If nothing it is good for a cooling off and resting your feet.

Tom

Beta Return
As Star Tours prepares to go under refurbishment, Sounds Dangerous Staring Drew Carey will remain operational every day through May 2011.

Can't post the proof; see for yourselves in the next few weeks.

Discuss?

Steve reported this on the homepage, but indicated that it would remain open until TSM re-opens at the end of August.

It would make sense that it would stay open to absorb a TINY portion of the displaced Star Tours crowds.

My wife has never experienced this classic e-ticket, so maybe when we need a nap in February, we can stop in for a visit. :lookaroun

SirNim

Mmm, takes me back to 1999. I actually like this attraction, and not just for the nostalgic value (if a 11-year-old attraction has any)...

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Mmm, takes me back to 1999. I actually like this attraction, and not just for the nostalgic value (if a 11-year-old attraction has any)...

I didn't even realize it was that old. :lol: I've probably only managed to see it 5 times in all those years.

David S.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I really enjoy Sounds Dangerous, as well!

I'm really into audio, and listening to things with headphones. I love the way the audio is mixed to really make it feel like you are there, with the action happening to you - with the bees, haircut, etc. Pretty ingenious, actually! I actually do this regularly, when it's open!

And I enjoy the postshow audio presentation (in the booths) as much as the main show, especially when Mickey Mouse appears and it feels like he's putting Mouse Ears on your head!

Mickey: "You've really earned your ears. Gosh, they look swell!"

So for getting the chance to do this regularly again, I also say :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: !

PS. I LOVE HISTA, too!

FigmentJedi

People are nostalgic about the worst thing on property? Space that should be used for a Phineas and Ferb attraction or something?

David S.

For me it's not "nostalgia". I actually enjoy it for what it is! :)

I also LOVE "Song Of The Rainforest" at Conservation Station at Animal Kingdom as well, another neat headphone attraction!

It doesn't bother me one bit that Sounds Dangerous is not a "visual" attraction and you have to use your imagination. I'm proud of the fact that I have a long enough attention span to appreciate stuff like this, and that I'm not into "instant gratification"! I think this post by Nepalostparks says it best:

If you take it for what it is, it's not a horrible attraction. It's just in this very visually stimulating instant gratification age, having to rely on your imagination to fill in the visuals isn't appealing to many. (And Disney does a great job in almost the rest of their attractions of giving you very appealing and stimulating visuals.)

I've only done it once, and as someone who likes radio and having to use my imagination in that sense, I got what they were trying to go for. (And for the record, I'm under 30 :lol:)

PS. The codeword for the next shipment is "elephant"! :)

SeaCastle

This attraction, along with Stitch's Great Escape, Under New Management, and Primeval Whirl are rides that I'm not crushed if I don't ride them but don't mind. Sounds Dangerous ain't half bad.

RAXIP

Steve reported this on the homepage, but indicated that it would remain open until TSM re-opens at the end of August.

It would make sense that it would stay open to absorb a TINY portion of the displaced Star Tours crowds.

I tweeted about this at the beginning of the month. Based on the info I have Sounds Dangerous will close when TSMM opens and then reopen when Star Tours closes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom