Sorcerers of the MK (video)

Tip Top Club

I was able to play on Thursday Morning. It hadn't opened when I entered the park around 9:30, but it had opened when I was riding the train around 10:40 so I hopped off and played for about 2.5 hours! It was a lot of fun! However, As Far as I know, it was not running on Friday. Not sure about Today. Either way it is not yet Regular, but I would say it is Often.

ght

Assuming the game will be more involved once it goes active for real, this looks like it could be fun for a good number of guests. It isn't my thing but I am sure there will be quite a few who will enjoy it. The technology isn't that exciting, it pretty much looks the same as the magic mirror in the princess kiosk at the Disney Store.

dizben19

Ok, so Sorcerers goes into full opening sometime between the 20th-22nd of this month. There are 8 villians who you will fight in addition to the final of Hades. The villians are seperated into four lands (main street, adventureland, fantasyland, and frontierland/liberty square). They are testing everyday from 9am to an hour before regular park closing. There will be 3 different levels to be played once it offically opens and once you get to the higher levels their will be a thought process behind which spells you will want to play against the villians. People will lose in this game once it gets to the higher levels. I hope people will wait till it is offically opened before talking about how "horrible" it is or how much of a waste of money it is. I can tell you that the majority of guests who have played have loved it and plan on continuing the game when they come back again.

asianway

Guests that played it loved it? Sounds like another self fulfilling slanted survey, what about the people who have no desire to play a video game while spending $90 a day to be in the MK?

Did they get surveyed?

NoChesterHester

Guests that played it loved it? Sounds like another self fulfilling slanted survey, what about the people who have no desire to play a video game while spending $90 a day to be in the MK?

Did they get surveyed?

You don't have to play. You also don't have to ride Aladin's Magic Carpets.

Communicore

I played this today and had a ton of fun. The cards are cool and just like Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all! I like how they used the Frontierland Shooting Arcade left side. Didn't like the Tortuga area as it is loud and kind of distracts the theming. And the Veranda one too is distracting. I think this will be a hit.

seattlemousers

We played several times on our last trip a week ago and my kids just loved it! We were excited to have a few opportunities to play and collect more cards. We played in Adventureland, Liberty Square/Frontierland, Main Street, and Fantasyland. The games moved quickly and kept the kids moving and excited! Great addition to fun in The Magic Kingdom!

zooey

However, unlike an attraction I don't like, I can't walk through the Magic Kingdom without hearing or seeing Sorcerers being played by others, which compromises the theme of the land I am walking in. The subtler effects and scavenger hunt-like premise of Kim Possible in Epcot is more conducive to the needs of non-players, and, in my opinion, none of these games should ever be more conspicuous than that.

Agreed. The ambiance of the Magic Kingdom is not long for this (Disney) world.

zooey

We played several times on our last trip a week ago and my kids just loved it! We were excited to have a few opportunities to play and collect more cards. We played in Adventureland, Liberty Square/Frontierland, Main Street, and Fantasyland. The games moved quickly and kept the kids moving and excited! Great addition to fun in The Magic Kingdom!

These will so be monetized at some point.

Tip Top Club

^ And why shouldn't they be? You get five cards each time you play the game, if the game is a hit, why not create platinum cards that you can only purchase, or allow the full deck to be bought as well. I think it's a great idea, and something that I probably would have wanted when I was a kid. (Heck, I'd want it now too, but It's more fun to collect them).

I have played several times now and I think it's a hoot, I enjoyed it very much the first time, and I hope my enjoyment grows as the medium and hard levels come online. Honestly folks, except for Tortuga Tavern, the portals are out of the way, and won't detract from anything. Everyone is so in their own business anyway that half the time people just walk in front of you without even noticing anything is happening (including cast members by the way) and other half of the time, people are usually intrigued.

And quite frankly this really isn't for people who paid 90 dollars to get in the gate that day...I mean, I hope some of them play it (I actually found my enjoyment of the game went up when I started taking in attractions between rounds) but it really is designed for repeat visitors, just as KP is, so don't say that Disney Never did anything for us.

I'm a Disney Movie nerd, so I love the inclusion of many secondary characters as well, the games are often led by the sidekicks like Sebastian, Rafiki, Merryweather, and Mama Odie! The first day I played I just got so lucky, I got some of my favorite villains, I happened to stumble across CDCT, MiSiCi, and Dream Along with Mickey, and it really just gave me chills in a way I haven't felt inside the stale Magic Kingdom in a long time!

I highly recommend it to anyone at all.

RSoxNo1

^ And why shouldn't they be? You get five cards each time you play the game, if the game is a hit, why not create platinum cards that you can only purchase, or allow the full deck to be bought as well. I think it's a great idea, and something that I probably would have wanted when I was a kid. (Heck, I'd want it now too, but It's more fun to collect them).

I have played several times now and I think it's a hoot, I enjoyed it very much the first time, and I hope my enjoyment grows as the medium and hard levels come online. Honestly folks, except for Tortuga Tavern, the portals are out of the way, and won't detract from anything. Everyone is so in their own business anyway that half the time people just walk in front of you without even noticing anything is happening (including cast members by the way) and other half of the time, people are usually intrigued.

And quite frankly this really isn't for people who paid 90 dollars to get in the gate that day...I mean, I hope some of them play it (I actually found my enjoyment of the game went up when I started taking in attractions between rounds) but it really is designed for repeat visitors, just as KP is, so don't say that Disney Never did anything for us.

I'm a Disney Movie nerd, so I love the inclusion of many secondary characters as well, the games are often led by the sidekicks like Sebastian, Rafiki, Merryweather, and Mama Odie! The first day I played I just got so lucky, I got some of my favorite villains, I happened to stumble across CDCT, MiSiCi, and Dream Along with Mickey, and it really just gave me chills in a way I haven't felt inside the stale Magic Kingdom in a long time!

I highly recommend it to anyone at all.

While I don't doubt that Disney will make the full set of cards available for purchase I would hope that there would be some sort of differentiators between those cards purchased vs. those that are given away. Part of the "joy of collecting" is the "hunt". There's a great sense of accomplishment in putting together a set of something without just simply going out and buying the set already made.

Communicore

By the way (I also see that there is video of it too on Youtube) but the portal in Main Street Cinema/Art Of Disney is actually in the middle of the display of portraits for sale, which is distracting for the shopper, and if people are in line to cast their spells it crowds the area, too. The one in Emporium is inside the Little Mermaid diorama and that is somewhat distracting as well if people want to take pics of the diorama. And what about the 3 locations in Fantasyland by the Mickeys hat shoppe which are almost close to each other you can hear each other's portals! The best ones are in Sunshine Tree Terrace, Frontierland Shooting Arcade, and the one on the side of the Liberty Belle area as those are hidden and out of the way.

Thurp

Taken this weekend

2mo2no8.jpg

zooey

Taken this weekend

2mo2no8.jpg

Man, so long beautiful, ambient Main Street. You will be missed. They should never have put this on Main Street. It just doesn't fit in with the theme at all. I hope guest complaints go up and they at least shut this off on Main Street.

bhg469

I really hope that is addressed. Those sort of back ups will really get me fired up. I'm all for trying it beforei judge and ill be honest, the lack of physical interactive elements like kp has me look less forward to this. Its actually what I loved about kp, it was really fun wondering what part of the environment will come alive..

WDW1974

Did they get surveyed?

WDW is being reinvented. Into a giant video game/interactive experience that datamines its guests information (for whatever purposes) when they are busy playing life size video games in the parks (that are much cheaper and easier to maintain than things like Splash Mountain or Mansion or PoC).

It's too late to turn back. It's like a runaway train (like that movie from last year that was sorta entertaining while sitting in First Class on my third cocktail, but would never watch otherwise) ... it ain't stopping until it blows through the station, derails and 'splodes.

And $90 for a day at the MK? Um ... not gonna get into that one now!

bhg469

WDW is being reinvented. Into a giant video game/interactive experience that datamines its guests information (for whatever purposes) when they are busy playing life size video games in the parks (that are much cheaper and easier to maintain than things like Splash Mountain or Mansion or PoC).

It's too late to turn back. It's like a runaway train (like that movie from last year that was sorta entertaining while sitting in First Class on my third cocktail, but would never watch otherwise) ... it ain't stopping until it blows through the station, derails and 'splodes.

And $90 for a day at the MK? Um ... not gonna get into that one now!

Its not even a good video game.. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom