Sorcerers of the MK (video)

Thurp

Its not even really a game. There is no skill of any kind involved. Its pointless.

In defense of the game (which I don't enjoy but others do,) SotMK is still not officially open. The game is supposed to have multiple difficulty levels that you can progress through. Right now everyone plays the easy level but eventually you will be able to play it in medium and hard difficulties. You will need to carefully select the right card with the right numbers from the correct category or you will lose battles.

FigmentJedi

In defense of the game (which I don't enjoy but others do,) SotMK is still not officially open. The game is supposed to have multiple difficulty levels that you can progress through. Right now everyone plays the easy level but eventually you will be able to play it in medium and hard difficulties. You will need to carefully select the right card with the right numbers from the correct category or you will lose battles.

Exactly, let's wait for the actual opening and the actual difficulty being turned on before judging it as a game.

bhg469

Its not even really a game. There is no skill of any kind involved. Its pointless.
I agree completely and even if there is an element of difficulty added it will still just be augmented reality that has been around for years now and it will get really old after 3 or 4 screens. Sure I will play it once but there is nothing really "wow" about it to me.

I'm adding the above picture to my list of "Reasons Why Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is Bad and Shouldn't be a Thing."

It really is what pushed me over the edge about being totally positive, but this sort of show is unacceptable IMO.

Exactly, let's wait for the actual opening and the actual difficulty being turned on before judging it as a game.

I am trying really hard not to judge this based on a few videos but frankly, without the interactive environments of KP, this is really starting to look like a let down. I was really looking forward to it being a mix of monitors and some props, I truly truly truly hope that this is in its infancy and there will be more to it than showing a card to a web cam. I love this sort of stuff and when I played KP for the first time i was GIDDY! I can't wait to play it again actually, just because of all the elements that virtually comes alive when you play it. Whoever came up with that was really a genius in my book.

Jim Handy

Even when introduce difficulty levels, it will be nothing but a screen game you stand there and wave cards at. Except it will be a slightly more challenging screen game you stand there and wave cards at.

ToTBellHop

no... your not, disney management are imbecile.
The only problem I see is that they need to capacity-control this (which Kim Possible does). Set up kiosks to give people a time to come back to start their missions. It may have been an error to have this start at the park entrance, as well--a little too visible for something with such limited capacity.

Thurp

Even when introduce difficulty levels, it will be nothing but a screen game you stand there and wave cards at. Except it will be a slightly more challenging screen game you stand there and wave cards at.

You can distill any experience and make it sound simple and stupid. The truth is that there could be an element of strategy like in Magic the Gathering (I'm guessing, I am not familiar with that game other than it's a card game with values.) Maybe you cannot get pass a certain portal unless you have a specific type of card which would then force you into trading thus adding a social component if you are up for that.

I don't know. Look, it's not my type of game and I am guessing that it is not yours either but I'm not dismissing the game outright and I am giving it the benefit of the doubt. This is something new that they are trying. They have plain clothes CMs observing the players very carefully every day and sometimes they approach guests and ask pointed questions. They seem to want to get it right. I agree with Kevin when he said that this is an attraction for repeat visitors (locals, DVCers, etc) who do not need to hit X number of attractions a day to be satisfied with their visit.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a sidewalk-blocking sound-blaring annoyance but even those things could be fixed with some planning and tweaking.

ToTBellHop

I thought the maximum number of cards the system would acknowledge was 2 at a time but I could be completely wrong.
That is correct.

Also, the more you use a single card, the stronger its attack becomes (you will notice that the visuals of the attack change).

FigmentJedi

That is correct.

Also, the more you use a single card, the stronger its attack becomes (you will notice that the visuals of the attack change).

And villain attacks are capable of downing a card's effectiveness, which is actually brought up in the Yzma mission as an effect of her potions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom