Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

TronAThon

Original Poster
Just wondering if anyone out there is playing on Level 3 (Hard). If so do you have any tips/strategies?

I've figured out some spell combos and was able to get through the medium level pretty easily however hard is a different story I can't even get past the first stage which is Radcliffe so needless to say its becoming a tad frustrating.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Also, I only need card #2 Belle. If you have a double for it, let me know if you'd be willing to trade.

Thanks!

joanna71985

I know the feeling. I'm on Hard myself. I managed to get through the first mission (Scar), although it took me 3 times for both Scar parts. However, I'm stuck on Maleficent right now, and it's driving me crazy!!

shmmrname

Is there a WIKI or website devoted to it yet? I am interested in the nuts/bolts of the gameplay, but have found information lacking. That said, I've only really gone as far as these forums and a few podcasts.

TronAThon

Original Poster
My tip is to not play the game at all and write an angry letter to TDO about how this game is ruining atmosphere and ambiance in the park.

Great Idea!

There is a wiki but not much info has been added to it besides a catalog of all the spell cards. However through some trial and error, I got past Radcliffe, Cruella, & Maleficent on the hard level.

Coree

We just finished a one-week trip and really enjoyed playing. We played all day Thursday and got through easy. We went back Friday night and defeated Scar finally on medium, but ran out of time for anything else. If we had started earlier in the trip we would have played more. Without this game we would have spent very little time at MK this week. It was just too crowded and we didn't want to wait in the ride or autograph lines. Can't wait for our next trip so we can pick up where we left off!

TronAThon

Original Poster
A few things, I have completed my deck of 1-60 and have beaten the game on the hard level!

I was over at MK playing for a while today and noticed I CM namely an ops manager after I spoke with her and she was standing at a portal in fantasyland with a clipboard and stopwatch. I asked her what she was doing and apparently she was timing each persons interaction at different portals. She wouldn't get into specifics but I found that to be fairly interesting...

Also, I when I picked up my pack of cards today I found 2 rares (stars) inside, which was a first for me.

Anyone else run into that?

JoeZer

Steampunky Time Lord
Sorry for slight topic drift...but to double-check my understanding from above: to progress between easy>medium>hard one has to complete each level of nine villains, correct?

Just wanted to verify as I dabbled a bit while I was down for the 24hr event and worked through Tiana/Facilier and Pongo/Cruella after picking up my first set of cards.

TronAThon

Original Poster
Sorry for slight topic drift...but to double-check my understanding from above: to progress between easy>medium>hard one has to complete each level of nine villains, correct?

Just wanted to verify as I dabbled a bit while I was down for the 24hr event and worked through Tiana/Facilier and Pongo/Cruella after picking up my first set of cards.

Yes sir.

OwenyOlgao

I know the feeling. I'm on Hard myself.
song3.jpg
song2.jpg

6.jpg

cindy_k

Rules! I want to know the rules for defeating the villains.

I am working on a theory that for Medium (the level I am on now) that the point values on the cards are the most important.

Hit villains with 12 points of damage each time if you can.
Of course I have only done two mini boss fights on Medium, so I haven't had enough portals yet to prove my theory.

I know people are saying that certain types do better against certain villains. My thoughts are that, types will matter more on Hard.

Any thoughts?

dreamfinder

What are the constraints when it comes to getting packs of cards? Can you only get one a day or what?

I believe that current policy is one pack of cards per day per key card. BUT, you need to show your park ticket, and that gets tagged to the key card. And each park ticket can only have one key card tagged to it. So if you got a second key card and tried to get a second pack of cards, you would lose any level ups on the first card when they remove it from your ticket.

You also can get an additional pack when you level up.

We were there this past week, myself and 2 DDs, and combined our cards to get a set of 1-60 and half of another set. I am on the hard level and it really is all about reading between the lines of what the villian is saying and the different characters of that movie. Thats about all we did this trip and I cant wait to go back to finish the game. We defeated Cruella, Malificent, Ratcliff, and was working on Jafar on the hard level when we had to leave to head back home. Yes sometimes the lines for the portals were long, but this past trip was so much more interactive with other guests that were playing the same portals that it was a nice change to be able to talk to a complete stranger about something that you both have in common. I liked that as much as playing the game and my youngest loved trading cards with other people to get a set for us. I say thumbs up Disney.:sohappy:

Scuttle

My tip is to not play the game at all and write an angry letter to TDO about how this game is ruining atmosphere and ambiance in the park.

Couldn't agree more. The ambiance has been ruined to an extent in the areas around the screens.

rangerbob

So wrong. I've already written a thank you letter for this great game and we can't wait for the additions that they can go with it. Before my youngest with Aspergers would complain when I said that we were headed to the MK and now he is saying yeay due to Sorcerers. The times that we have walked around the park the only thing that you can notice is the small lines of people waiting for the portal to open up. I don't think the sound it too bad and when the portal isn't in use it isn't even noticable.
Couldn't agree more. The ambiance has been ruined to an extent in the areas around the screens.

Scuttle

So wrong. I've already written a thank you letter for this great game and we can't wait for the additions that they can go with it. Before my youngest with Aspergers would complain when I said that we were headed to the MK and now he is saying yeay due to Sorcerers. The times that we have walked around the park the only thing that you can notice is the small lines of people waiting for the portal to open up. I don't think the sound it too bad and when the portal isn't in use it isn't even noticable.

Think what you want. I think it ruins the ambiance of the themed environment. I also stopped by and watched the one by sir mickeys when I was there the other day and was not very impressed. There was a line of about 8 people and at one point a woman in a powered scooter went right in front of the kid playing the game and the screen. I also saw 3 other people cut in front of the kid. I don't like how it is setup and I don't like the noise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom