Sony & MARVEL are friends again; Spider-Man is back in the MCU

Jedijax719

Eternals have no Thunder. That is going to bomb hard
Oh brother, here we go again with trolling. :rolleyes:

I am actually more excited about Eternals. One of the most intriguing allures of Spiderman (and Batman for that matter) to me has been the multitude of villains. Reusing villains....we'll see. The concept is interesting but the scenario seems to be getting repetitive to me.

Ghost93

That's how I felt on the project, but the trailer really sold me. Strictly on visuals, it looks better than any MCU move to-date.
I'm way more excited about the Eternals than No Way Home. Eternals looks like an actual film, not mere fan service.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about No Way Home. But I think Eternals just has the potential to be something truly special.

doctornick

Oh brother, here we go again with trolling. :rolleyes:

I am actually more excited about Eternals. One of the most intriguing allures of Spiderman (and Batman for that matter) to me has been the multitude of villains. Reusing villains....we'll see. The concept is interesting but the scenario seems to be getting repetitive to me.

I'm way more excited about Shang-Chi and Eternals than No Way home. But everyone is different.

Ironically, I loved Far From Home, but this movie seems like a step back to me. I don't want to retread new ground, I want different Spider-Men stories.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I actually don't think
that was the real Doctor Strange
in the trailer. I get the hint that someone may be disguising themselves. Perhaps
Kang
Every time I see that name I think of
2Q==.jpg

Ghost93

I actually don't think
that was the real Doctor Strange
in the trailer. I get the hint that someone may be disguising themselves. Perhaps
Kang
I know it's become a joke at this point, but I also think it could legitimately be
Mephisto

I am excited about Alfred Molina's Doc Ock and Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin returning. It takes me back to a time when superhero movies actually had memorable villains.

Jedijax719

So, who are the official
sinister 6?
. As per the trailer, we see Ock, Goblin, and signs of Sandman and Electro. I've heard we will see
Lizard and Vulture

But I don't know
how Vulture would factor in since he's from Tom's Spiderverse. Unless, I guess, he follows Peter into the multiverse somehow. Not sure how that would all work with him.

MarvelCharacterNerd

This looks fun but I was frustrated by
the step backwards for Doctor Strange's character. By Ragnarok and certainly Infinity War, we had a far more mature character making high-level decisions.

And now he's messing with the whole multiverse to save a kid's reputation?

That's first film-level irresponsibility, not the clever, calculated Master of the Mystic Arts who defeated Thanos. Doctor Strange was the chessmaster who worked out all the possible moves for the endgame and then made his play; Tony was the pawn.

This... is not that guy.

Don't get me wrong - I loved arrogant, impulsive first film Doctor Strange, but this just seems a big step backwards for his character after his carefully calculated actions in Ragnarok and Infinity War.

All that said, Tom Holland is precious. :) And I'm happy he and Zendaya are more public now about their relationship - they're such a gorgeous couple. :) But anyone who saw her reaction to his Lip Sync Battle routine years ago would have seen the stars and hearts in her eyes as she watched him. :D

LSLS

the step backwards for Doctor Strange's character. By Ragnarok and certainly Infinity War, we had a far more mature character making high-level decisions.

That's first film-level irresponsibility, not the clever, calculated Master of the Mystic Arts who defeated Thanos. Doctor Strange was the chessmaster who worked out all the possible moves for the endgame and then made his play; Tony was the pawn.

This... is not that guy.

Don't get me wrong - I loved arrogant, impulsive first film Doctor Strange, but this just seems a big step backwards for his character after his carefully calculated actions in Ragnarok and Infinity War.

All that said, Tom Holland is precious. :) And I'm happy he and Zendaya are more public now about their relationship - they're such a gorgeous couple. :) But anyone who saw her reaction to his Lip Sync Battle routine years ago would have seen the stars and hearts in her eyes as she watched him. :D
If there is one thing we have learned by now, it's that marvel are masters at deception in trailers.
I won't be the least bit surprised if he says no and it's actually Peter that reads on the spell and tries it.

Jedijax719

If there is one thing we have learned by now, it's that marvel are masters at deception in trailers.
I won't be the least bit surprised if he says no and it's actually Peter that reads on the spell and tries it.
I get the impression that
Strange is doing the spell and creates a circle. Peter is inside that circle and then begins talking. The spell is incorporating anything that is said by anyone inside that circle. So it gets kinda jumbled and that is why things are so messed up.

What seemed mysterious to me (and others I assume) is
Strange's willingness to do the spell in the first place. It's as if he's trying to gain something from this.

Epct82

I'm not complaining about what's been shown - teased, as this looks great.
But any chance Venom and Carnage get connected to all this? I can't imagine they'd sideline two of Spideys most challenging, fan favorite nemesis's when such a good opportunity to bring them into this is presented.

Epct82

It takes me back to a time when superhero movies actually had memorable villains.
We've had Thanos very recently, who not only wiped out half of the population in the universe, but created a strong debate and theories in real life, over whether or not his plan would actually benefit the greater good moving forward... with no clear answer to that.

Memorable villains aren't a lost art.

LSLS

This... is not that guy.

If there is one thing we have learned by now, it's that marvel are masters at deception in trailers. I won't be the least bit surprised if he says no and it's actually Peter that reads on the spell and tries it
I get the impression that
Strange is doing the spell and creates a circle. Peter is inside that circle and then begins talking. The spell is incorporating anything that is said by anyone inside that circle. So it gets kinda jumbled and that is why things are so messed up.

What seemed mysterious to me (and others I assume) is
Strange's willingness to do the spell in the first place. It's as if he's trying to gain something from this.
Yes, you get that impression, but if you watch you will notice strange is not actually talking in that sequence, it's words from other parts of the movie. I don't know, Marvel has just done a good job of getting me to not trust trailers at all

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom