Sony & MARVEL are friends again; Spider-Man is back in the MCU

Jedijax719

The box office will be interesting for this. Without COVID-19, we would almost certainly see an opening domestic weekend over $200 million with at least $500-$600 million in the USA and probably $1.5 billion easily world wide. The hype is just that big. And the release is the week before Christmas. No doubt at all this would be the biggest Spidey film ever.

Factor in COVID and who the heck knows. If COVID is still raging (let's PRAY it slows down) then its lowered box office would be the least of everyone's concerns. But even if it hopefully dies down a bit, the numbers won't be what they could/would have been without the pandemic.

Epct82

I actually don't think
that was the real Doctor Strange
in the trailer. I get the hint that someone may be disguising themselves. Perhaps
Kang
This is an interesting theory. If this is in fact the case, which is a stretch, it also sounds like something that would be planned and pulled-off by...
Mysterio, with his whole deception techniques. What if he didn't really die in the last movie, but make people think he did, to reveal Parker as Spidey, then somehow come back disguised as Dr. Strange knowing Peter would turn to him for help hiding his secret?
Again, a long stretch for a theory, but not totally impossible or unrealistic.

Jedijax719

This is an interesting theory. If this is in fact the case, which is a stretch, it also sounds like something that would be planned and pulled-off by...
Mysterio, with his whole deception techniques. What if he didn't really die in the last movie, but make people think he did, to reveal Parker as Spidey, then somehow come back disguised as Dr. Strange knowing Peter would turn to him for help hiding his secret?
Again, a long stretch for a theory, but not totally impossible or unrealistic.
He came to mind also.

Remember, in the trailer,
we had at least hints of 5 of the 6 villains from sinister 6. I actually don't see the 6th being Vulture because that would be anticlimactic. They are keeping the 6th as a surprise and supposedly comes toward the end of the movie. I really think it will be someone different. Some think it could be Kraven. But I have a hunch that the 6th villain is someone who is pretending to be Dr. Strange and the real Strange is somewhere else.

Jedijax719

Something I would LOVE to see in the new movie which would add a real punch to it is
a new design that is more organic for the Green Goblin. You can see some concept work and even a test screen for a moveable mask that was almost used in the 2002 movie.
We already noticed that
Doc Ock has a slightly different look
so it's not too hard to conceive different looks for everyone.

BrianLo

Dr. Strange is still a surgeon (narcissist). He just set the course to pull off the one in a billion outcome (overconfident). He developed a bit of a soft spot relationship with Peter and I’m sure feel badly for everything that is happen for a kid (sympathetic).

I don’t know why it’s thats unrealistic he’d attempt to do something stupid for Peter. That’s his character. He is not the cautious, tempered ancient one.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Dr. Strange is still a surgeon (narcissist). He just set the course to pull off the one in a billion outcome (overconfident). He developed a bit of a soft spot relationship with Peter and I’m sure feel badly for everything that is happen for a kid (sympathetic).

I don’t know why it’s thats unrealistic he’d attempt to do something stupid for Peter. That’s his character. He is not the cautious, tempered ancient one.
Still feels a bit of a step backwards for him but I'll still go with it as to me this definitely looks like it will be the best of the three Holland Spidey films! *fingers crossed*

Epct82

I think a lot of the reason people are questioning if that is the "real" Dr. Strange is the notion of a hidden, main villain to be revealed later in the movie. What we've seen is a flashback/dream/otherworldly sequence of past characters, and not the actual big bads behind what's going on. This is all just a hunch, not spoilery.

To be honest, I think I know who is really behind everything that happens, and is the true mastermind manipulating Dr. Stranges decisions and seeking havoc on Peter Parker. It is really quite obvious if you study the fine details...
Mr. Ditkovich, the old landlord from the Tobey Maguire Spidey movies. He's back, and he wants his rent.
82921d.jpg

Jedijax719

Something else I will be "interested" in seeing is how they account for the
return of the villains who died.
I mean it's one thing to bring in folks from the multiverse, but those folks they are bringing in
already died
so that's majorly confusing.

lazyboy97o

Something else I will be "interested" in seeing is how they account for the
return of the villains who died.
I mean it's one thing to bring in folks from the multiverse, but those folks they are bringing in
already died
so that's majorly confusing.
Why must the timelines of the different universes align? We already saw variants of different ages in Loki.

Timmay

So, who are the official
sinister 6?
. As per the trailer, we see Ock, Goblin, and signs of Sandman and Electro. I've heard we will see
Lizard and Vulture

But I don't know
how Vulture would factor in since he's from Tom's Spiderverse. Unless, I guess, he follows Peter into the multiverse somehow. Not sure how that would all work with him.
There really is no “official.” There is an original, but I don’t think that matters. Members have come in gone frequently.

BHF

But any chance Venom and Carnage get connected to all this? I can't imagine they'd sideline two of Spideys most challenging, fan favorite nemesis's when such a good opportunity to bring them into this is presented.
Read at your own risk.
Stay for the end credit scene if you watch Venom 2 Carnage, and be sitting down.
We live in a very good time to be Spider-fans. 😉

Lucky Rabbit

All of that is true, but he’s still not acting like himself in that trailer.

I think the most likely option:
Dr. Strange variant. Maybe even the one from What If

BHF

Calling any theatrical release a flop during the era of covid doesn't paint the full picture. Show me disappointing numbers when it's streaming... then we'll talk.

I am very excited for Venom 2. I will probably skip it at the theater despite being fully vaccinated. No desire for any of that right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom