Something you're embarassed to NOT know about Disney parks

wsmith1978

Original Poster
Ok, so I'll start this off... what the heck is a Dole Whip?? I've been there 3 times and never saw a place to get them or anyone eating one (unless I looked right at it and didn't know it was a Dole Whip)

Krack

There are two items that typically go by the name "dole whip" ...

Dolewhips.jpg

One is just frozen yogurt (on the left) and the other is a frozen yogurt float (on the right). The frozen yogurt can be pineapple flavored or a pineapple/vanilla swirl and the float is made with dole pineapple juice. Most "dole whip" purists will tell you the one true dole whip is the swirl float on the right.

At WDW, you can get them at Aloha Isle (in Adventureland) and also at the Polynesian Resort. In DL, they are sold in the Tiki Room pre-show area and guests are allowed to bring them into the actual show to eat while they are watching the attraction.

3121389833_bf5feccbbe.jpg

Very tasty!

Patrick_Ears

There are two items that typically go by the name "dole whip" ...

Dolewhips.jpg

One is just frozen yogurt (on the left) and the other is a frozen yogurt float (on the right). The frozen yogurt can be pineapple flavored or a pineapple/vanilla swirl and the float is made with dole pineapple juice. Most "dole whip" purists will tell you the one true dole whip is the swirl float on the right.

At WDW, you can get them at Aloha Isle (in Adventureland) and also at the Polynesian Resort. In DL, they are sold in the Tiki Room pre-show area and guests are allowed to bring them into the actual show to eat while they are watching the attraction.

3121389833_bf5feccbbe.jpg

Very tasty!

Ohhhh you would have to post one..... :eek::eek: I want one!!!!:zipit:

Mickey92

Never tried one! Really want to because they looked DELISH!!

So what is it? Ice cream on the top then, juice or slushy on the bottom?

Also, I sometimes dont get the acronyms used on the forums :/ Have only just got used to TLM (My Initials haha) = The Little Mermaid!

:sohappy::sohappy:

MrMorrowTom

I've been on every attraction in WDW numerous times. Everything besides Dumbo, just never wanted to wait on the long lines in the hot sun.

oh and I too never had a dole whip. and i used to work there

crispy

I visited Magic Kingdom about 5 times before I realized that Toon Town was there. I'm not sure how I missed it.

When I was helping a friend and her family plan their trip, her husband was amazed that there was more than one park (totally understandable. I thought the same thing before my first visit). What got me was that he thought the all of WDW was inside Spaceship Earth.

Scuttle

I've been a passholder since 2009 and i still haven't rode Toy Story Mania. What a joke that ride is with the ride capacity. If your building an attraction that's expected to be popular why would you make it the lowest capacity ride in all of WDW!!??

mickey2008.1

never had a dole whip, never been on dumbo, havent seen UOE, france, or chinas movies, and most of all, never had a mickey ice cream bar!!!!:lookaroun

Disneydreamer23

Never tried one! Really want to because they looked DELISH!!

So what is it? Ice cream on the top then, juice or slushy on the bottom?

Also, I sometimes dont get the acronyms used on the forums :/ Have only just got used to TLM (My Initials haha) = The Little Mermaid!

:sohappy::sohappy:

i usually dont get the acronyms either took me 3 months to figure out DH and DD disney husband and disney daughter

MissM

I've been a passholder since 2009 and i still haven't rode Toy Story Mania. What a joke that ride is with the ride capacity. If your building an attraction that's expected to be popular why would you make it the lowest capacity ride in all of WDW!!??
I've been a Florida resident for 25+ years and a Passholder many, many years and I've never seen Fantasmic! because I never wanted to wait around for 2 hours for a seat. :lol:

LilSuzy

I've never been to a Disney waterpark, had a turkey leg, or a Dole whip. I'm hoping to do 2 outta 3 this October! :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom