Something special for 4 yr old girl's first (probably only) visit?

IWorkWTeeth

We live in Israel and we're coming to the US to visit my parents who live in NJ and are taking us down to WDW in a couple of weeks. While I've been there many times, this is the first time, and probably the only time for a long time, that we are taking my daughters (4 1/2 & 2 1/2). I want to do something special for them to make the visit extra-awesome that doesn't involve a character meal. My father suggests an autograph book but our friends have told us that only their older children (5-6) enjoyed getting autographs. What do you all think?

Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Well, you can take your girls to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique where they get their hair done and you can choose different options depending on your price range. My kids loved getting signatures from the characters. Make sure that YOU take pictures of every character so they can keep that memory with them.

wdwmomof3

I think that your best best is going to be Bibbity Bobbity Boutique. It is so cute and your girls will love it! If you could bring them princess costumes from home to wear to the Boutique for the makeover it will cut the cost a bunch. I would also do the one at Magic Kingdom. It is located in the Castle and that would make it even more special. After that, the P&P party would be fun but the make over alone for that age would be extra special. I hope that you have a wonderful & safe trip.:)

bearboysnc

There are a lot of things you can do, at lots of price points. I have a 4 year-old son, so what we've done for him might be a bit different, but some suggestions...

• Pictures...everywhere. My son loves looking at them over and over again. Take your camera and shoot everything.
    QUOTE]

Thats the best suggestion I've heard.

My suggestion is to just enjoy the trip. A 2 and 4 year old don't have huge expectations. Take your cues from them. If they want to spend more time playing on Pooh's hundred acre playground, do it. Don't drag them hurriedly from event to event you think might plus their trip. Let them guide you where they want to go.

A trip to WDW is exciting and overwhelming to children that age as it is.

Disney also puts out a guide for traveling with preschool age children, http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...andingPage&strStoryId=MakeItAMagicalBeginning

I didn't think it would be that cool, but the Bibbidy Boppidy Boutique is really something special for little girls.

dsc01041gf2.jpg

this is my daughter in October of '07, and we already have our appointment to do it again this Feb. She was about 3 1/2 then, and will be 4 on our next trip. She is quite a tom boy and kind of fought it at first, but after a while she really got into it. They give you a personalized brochure and some extra stuff like the makeup they use in a little pink bag, and let me tell you, Emma had to carry that bag with her for the rest of the trip. Now, when she sees the pictures she tells me that she can't wait to do it again.

They do have different pricing, but I still think it's on the pricier side. This was the least expensive hairdo, and after I bought a $3 bottle of glitter for her face, the price was something like $49. However, for how much she liked it, it was worth it and I will probably pay it every time.

Or you could try the Pirate and Princess Party, I know that you said that you were on a budget though, and this can be pretty pricey.

Even if you can't do any of these things suggested, the reality is, just being there will probably be enough magic for them. I hope you all have a safe and happy trip to the World!!!:wave:

boulderdgrandpa

Wonderland Tea Party at the Grand Floridian

For children 4-10. Only the child attends so, you only pay one admission. The groups are small so the children get a lot of attention. The Mad Hatter and Alice attend and I believe they have two staff members also.

While your child is at the event (one hour), you can go to the nearby snack bar and get lunch. Or if you want, you can hang out in lobby area.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/moreMagic/otherRecDetail?id=OtherRecKidsProgramsDetailPage

There are some other small little things you yourself could do, too.

I borrowed an idea off someone here and used it during our last trip with my in-laws. One night, before we were going to the MNSSHP, I purchased some really, really inexpensive trick or treat buckets (they were only like $3-cheap for WDW) and filled them with some special stuff for each of the kids. We had a 9, 6, two 3 year olds, and two 1 year olds. So I filled accordingly, and didn't spend over $15 total including the buckets. Then after they went to sleep, I made little letters from Tinkerbell addressed to each individual child and made it seem like when they were sleeping, she stopped by to leave a gift for them.
They loved it! (Thanks to whoever's idea that was).

You could adapt this idea for whatever you guys have planned. Maybe you could just make little gift bags with a tshirt from the Disney Store and bracelets or something like that. This way you can do something special and not break the bank.

Happy planning!:wave:

ThinkTink721

We live in Israel and we're coming to the US to visit my parents who live in NJ and are taking us down to WDW in a couple of weeks. While I've been there many times, this is the first time, and probably the only time for a long time, that we are taking my daughters (4 1/2 & 2 1/2). I want to do something special for them to make the visit extra-awesome that doesn't involve a character meal. My father suggests an autograph book but our friends have told us that only their older children (5-6) enjoyed getting autographs. What do you all think?

Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Try Cinderella's Royal Table at the castle in the Magic Kingdom.
Also, try the Princess Storybook meal in Norway at Epcot's World Showcase.
Your oldest daughter may want to try the Princess Tea Party or the Wonderland Tea Party at the Grand Floridian.
I almost forgot about the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. My DD just visited the new location in the castle in Sept. 2007 & it was a wonderful experience!

KajunWDWFan

Couple of suggestions. Go to Mickey's Toontown Fair, and get their picture taken with Mickey; If they aren't afraid of heights, ask the monorail attendants if there's room to ride with the driver (very neat and different perspective); My younger child liked the Family Magic Tour in MK - which is a treasure hunt through the MK followed by a character meet-and-greet (we met Peter Pan and Wendy then they took us to front row seats at Mickey's Philharmagic).

What and where is the Family Magic Tour?:veryconfu

Pooh'sBuddy

I've read that if you are the first visitors at Tink's Toy Shop (or whatever it's called now) and ask, you can wake up Tinkerbell.

jer

PhilharMagician

For the super special occasion like this once in a lifetime trip I would recommend. The My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party. It is absolutely amazing for the girls and their mothers. I even went to video and take pictures and for me it was even fun watching the smiles.

The following info from allearsnet:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Event Details[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grand Floridian's Garden View Lounge[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa has become permanent. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your little girl can dress up and have a special tea party with Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. The tea party is hosted by "Rose Petal" a magical rose from Aurora's garden, who will lead sing-alongs, storytelling and a princess parade. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In addition to the tea party, princess cake and meet and great with Aurora, each guest from 3-11 will receive "My Disney Girl" collectable doll plus accessories; a tiara, Princess link bracelet, princess scrapbook page and a "Best Friend" certificate. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If a little boy wishes to attend, they will receive a teddy bear and princely crown instead of the doll and tiara![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adults receive a selection of hot tea and a luncheon plate with small sandwiches, cheese briquettes, lavosh crackers and fruit.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Children receive juice and a luncheon plate with fruit, small sandwiches and heart-shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$225 includes gratuity (but not tax) for one adult and one child ages 3-11. Additional adult guest (12 and older) is $75 plus tax and an additional child is $150 plus tax. Refunds available if you cancel more than 72 hours from the date of your event.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Book up to 180 days in advance. Your credit card will be charged by WDW prior to the event. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 10:30am - Noon. Arrive 15 minutes prior to check-in.[/FONT]

If this is to much, then i would highly recommend Bibbity Bobbity Boutique. Girls can never have ot much pampering.​

ThinkTink721

I've read that if you are the first visitors at Tink's Toy Shop (or whatever it's called now) and ask, you can wake up Tinkerbell.

jer
The shop is called "Tinkerbell's Treasures" & it is located directly outside the back of the castle in the MK.
Yes, she (Tink) is in the keyhole of the bureau.
It is really neat to see!

daliseurat

Absolutely, positively, DO THE PRINCESS LUNCH AT ASKERHUS. I know you're looking for other things, but it's terrific. Bring crowns or princess dresses from home. Take lots of pictures. You get a good bit of one on one time with all the princesses. Your girls can talk to the princess all they like. It's unforgettable. It's an experience they will remember forever. Yes, it's overpriced and the kosher version of the food might not be so great, but it's not about the FOOD. It's about the experience.

Autograph books are cheap and can be fun, but don't bother chasing down characters or it's all you'll do.

Take lots of pictures and video of whatever your children are enchanted by. It probably won't be what you think they'll like.

Collect the FREE paper. Napkins, cups, children's placemats extra maps, anything free with Disney stuff. Especially at the hotel. Make a big book or box of stuff to look through when you get home.

Just remember that if this is their only trip, you should splurge a bit. At any rate don't pressure yourselves to have ALL of the fun. Enjoy what you can to the utmost and take time to savor the experience with your children.

ThinkTink721

For the super special occasion like this once in a lifetime trip I would recommend. The My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party. It is absolutely amazing for the girls and their mothers. I even went to video and take pictures and for me it was even fun watching the smiles.

The following info from allearsnet:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Event Details[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grand Floridian's Garden View Lounge[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa has become permanent. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your little girl can dress up and have a special tea party with Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. The tea party is hosted by "Rose Petal" a magical rose from Aurora's garden, who will lead sing-alongs, storytelling and a princess parade. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In addition to the tea party, princess cake and meet and great with Aurora, each guest from 3-11 will receive "My Disney Girl" collectable doll plus accessories; a tiara, Princess link bracelet, princess scrapbook page and a "Best Friend" certificate. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If a little boy wishes to attend, they will receive a teddy bear and princely crown instead of the doll and tiara![/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adults receive a selection of hot tea and a luncheon plate with small sandwiches, cheese briquettes, lavosh crackers and fruit.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Children receive juice and a luncheon plate with fruit, small sandwiches and heart-shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$225 includes gratuity (but not tax) for one adult and one child ages 3-11. Additional adult guest (12 and older) is $75 plus tax and an additional child is $150 plus tax. Refunds available if you cancel more than 72 hours from the date of your event.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Book up to 180 days in advance. Your credit card will be charged by WDW prior to the event. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 10:30am - Noon. Arrive 15 minutes prior to check-in.[/FONT]​

If this is to much, then i would highly recommend Bibbity Bobbity Boutique. Girls can never have ot much pampering.​
Yes, it is definitely a wonderful experience.
My DD & I went in the summer of 2006.
She had the best time!
We opted to get the package w/ the doll & all of the extras.
It was well worth it.
She really enjoyed sipping her "tea" & dancing around w/ Princess Aurora.
They made each girl feel special.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique definitely made my DD feel like a real princess!

Jeff456

Autograph's are pretty fun i enjoyed getting them when i was around 9 and 10 when i went in 99 and 2000. But we never had to wait very long because it was always not peak season.

C.M.O

jer

My daughter did this on our recent trip and she loved it, she also got a magical moments certificate and a little bag with fairy dust.

I also made an autograph book for her with pictures of the characters. She loved finding their pages for them to sign and the characters were excited to see their pictures and face characters took time to talk to her about their pictures and even looked at other autographs too. I plan on putting the picture of her with the character on the opposite side of the autograph. She is 4.5 and loved it.

The Magic Kingdom has a Family Fun Day Parade where you get to be in the parade and walk down main street, it was lots of fun (and free). We did it after she got all made up at Bibbidi Bobbidi Botique

Pooh'sBuddy

I just want to tell you I lover your avatar. Gig'em Aggies! :sohappy:

Thanks. Glad you like it. That's my DH and DS#1 with she who needs no introduction. Although, I'm a Longhorn, I'll root for the other school, too (except for a few days out of the year).

jer

Pooh'sBuddy

My daughter did this on our recent trip and she loved it, she also got a magical moments certificate and a little bag with fairy dust.

That sounds like such a cool thing for a little girl. Even if you don't make it in time, seeing Tink in the keyhole and flying around sounds like it would be neat in and of itself. Maybe my boys would like to see it.

jer

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom