Some wild (and some not-so-wild) rumors on WDW Radio Show Podcast - January 6th

jt04

New resort rumor!

Umm.. it's physically impossible to build a resort between the Poly and TTC as their grounds pretty much touch.

OK here is some wild speculation. I have come to the opinion before now that the TTC has become almost useless in it's current form and the configuration of the MK parking lot has become obsolete. I would not be suprised at all if in the future all day guests were transported by boat after being brought to the docks directly by tram. Prefered parking for AP's and resort guests would be offered that directly accesssed the Monorails (similar to Epcot access). Then the entire TTC could be torn down and rebuilt for a new high end resort with rooms facing the MK and on the loop with direct access via monorail to MK AND Epcot. The trams could use the current guest drop off area for day guests and another boat dock could be added to handle the crowds. It could also be enclosed from the drop off to the boats for inclement weather. I can believe the "new resort rumor" because the TTC is a huge waste of space and has become obsolete and it sits on prime real estate.

IcicleM

haha... preparation h...

Anyway, yeah, I like how no one has really said what happens as far as CAST MEMBERS go, with this "5th park" idea. First of all, the idea only talked about food, price, thrill rides, and that it's high end. It didn't talk about the ideas FOR those thrill rides. Like, what's the theme going to be?

Second, if Cast Members get into all parks for free, then why would we EVER go eat ANYWHERE again when we could just go to this 5th park? The alternative would be that Cast Members would have to pay full or half price to go in, which all cast members know would NEVER happen (since we can't afford it). And since an annual pass is a little bit more than one night in that park, no one's going to pay that much to go in there.

The idea is more than far fetched, it's just stupid. I can't even compare it to another stupid idea because ANY stupid idea would look mediocre next to this one. Haha, but it did for a good laugh

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
the TTC is a huge waste of space and has become obsolete and it sits on prime real estate.
Not at all - it`s still the gateway for millions of day visitors and first timers each year, and still plays its big part in the story of getting to the MK. Boat traffic can`t be safely increased, nor take the capacity of the monorail. Remember, the former was added to take the strain off the monorail, not ever to replace it.

If anything I`d hazzard we`d see the T&TC South built before loosing the T&TC.

jt04

Not at all - it`s still the gateway for millions of day visitors and first timers each year, and still plays its big part in the story of getting to the MK. Boat traffic can`t be safely increased, nor take the capacity of the monorail. Remember, the former was added to take the strain off the monorail, not ever to replace it.

If anything I`d hazzard we`d see the T&TC South built before loosing the T&TC.

OK I admit I am but a rookie, but what is T&TC south? Is this a concept being considered?

majortom1981

wow

I do not believe that 5th gate rumor for one second In order for me to pay $300 dollars for a thrill ride park Every single ride would have to be SROS or El toro quality.

It could be a thrill ride park but i do not believe the gate price.

I would personally hate that proposed 5th Gate idea. Something that extortionately expensive wouldn't appeal to me regardless of thrill rides or as much food as I could eat. Besides, why are those two even at the same place?

Pay attention: Lots of free food + Thrill rides = :hurl:

Anyhow, I would imagine that this proposed 5th Gate would alienate many lower-budget families who would rather go to SeaWorld or both Universal parks for less.

Couldnt agree with you more, I hate that idea it makes no sense to me.

mickeysgal

And now the wildest rumor:
-Plans for a quasi-5th gate just past AK (not Beastly Kingdom) are possibly in the works. The park would be on the very high-end and would be a "night" park with hours like 4 PM-midnight. The park would be filled with thrill rides and other attractions. Here's the kicker: the park would be all-inclusive, meaning that food would be included with the approximately $300 entrance fee admission.

Discuss:

Doesn't Jay Rasulo want to build a "high end" park in California? Maybe the rumor has mutated to fit into Disney World rather than Disneyland.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Lou Mongello is usually pretty careful not to put out information that he doesn't have some sort of good source on....even for his rumor mill.

I guess I'd like to see Lee or Corrus chime in here to see what they say.

themarchhare

Original Poster
Hey - don't shoot the messenger. I am just passing along information that I gathered from a podcast - some of it being new news that I hadn't yet seen on the boards.

Quite a welcome...:zipit:
(maybe I'll just stick to disboards...)

But I think that the quasi-park (I'm not calling this the 5th gate) is a good idea. Look at how successful Discovery Cove has been at Sea World. Again, I'm not speculating - just passing along rumors that I heard.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
And if it's only open for from 4-midnight, can you really get $300 worth of value out of that?

If they have bars with top shelf booze... then yes.. I might be able to get my $300 worth in 8hrs (well.. probally less than 8 hours..lol). My liver might hurt a little the next day though :eek:

Matpez

I have to agree that Lou doesn't usually come out with stuff until way after the boards are buzzing about it. He is usually very good with waiting until he has some confirmation.
Some of this does seem a bit off the mark...
Lou is actually a member of these boards and does post from time to time...
maybe someone could let him know about the discussion and get his input.
:)

hpyhnt 1000

Personnally, that 5th park idea seems too far fetched, and I've seen some ideas that were REALLY out there on these boards. The thing is, I can't see anyone paying $300 to get in there, even if it is all inclusive. For $300, I could go to each of the four parks already at WDW and it would still be cheaper!

The Soarin' rumor is interesting. I can see why a third theater would be considered, and in all honesty, it really is a good idea. Having said that, I don't really think it will happen. At the very least, I would like to see a different film go in, something that is more encompassing than the state of California.

The resort on Seven Seas Lagoon...well, where its describred in the podcast, it is impossible to build. And I also find it unlikely that we'll be seeing the TTC leaving soon. It is still the "Gateway to the Magic Kingdom." Like others have said, you can't just put everyone on ferry boats. It's not efficient enough. You need both the monorails and the ferryboats to move people. The TTC may be remodeled, but I don't think we'll ever really see it leave its current location.

All in all, I'm not really believing any of these rumors. Interesting, yes, but most of them-unlikely to happen.

JCorduroy

I was just going to say the same thing. The walk from our room in Tahiti to the TTC was about 3 minutes to the monorail entrance. Unless WDW throws up a pup-tent and calls it a resort, there is no way anything can be built between the two.

New Fort Wilderness expansion? :)

JimboJones123

That would be depressing if they tore down the Legendary buildings from Pop Century. I love the theming of the current Pop Century and anything new would be great, although I question what they would do for the Depression Era. Too bad they let them get so dilapidated. They need more value resorts though, unless you book way in advance you have no chance of of getting in.

5th gate, they better be pouring Cristal for $300 / person

Um...it's dust bowl themed. Disney pulls out the big guns to make this dream a reality. Actual weather aging for 5+ years before finishing. Genius.

CBOMB

Hey - don't shoot the messenger. I am just passing along information that I gathered from a podcast - some of it being new news that I hadn't yet seen on the boards.

Quite a welcome...:zipit:
(maybe I'll just stick to disboards...)

But I think that the quasi-park (I'm not calling this the 5th gate) is a good idea. Look at how successful Discovery Cove has been at Sea World. Again, I'm not speculating - just passing along rumors that I heard.
I don't think anyone has called you an idiot so far. You clearly stated these were rumors from a podcast not yourself. People seem to be addressing the rumors in a very civil manner, and not attacking you personally. You have to admit there are several over the top rumors in there. So don't take it personal when i say I just can't accept those rumors as fact. After all you are not the source of these rumors.

Chape19714

These all sound like EXTREMELY EARLY blue-sky ideas. 95% will probally never see the light of day. The hotel can't go where stated because of the space issues. 5th gate won't happen. 3rd theater for Soarin' may happen but not likely.

JCorduroy

The resort on Seven Seas Lagoon...well, where its describred in the podcast, it is impossible to build. And I also find it unlikely that we'll be seeing the TTC leaving soon. It is still the "Gateway to the Magic Kingdom." Like others have said, you can't just put everyone on ferry boats. It's not efficient enough. You need both the monorails and the ferryboats to move people. The TTC may be remodeled, but I don't think we'll ever really see it leave its current location.

The other thing I just thought of in regards to this is that it would make the EPCOT monorail completely obsolete. That doesn't seem to make any kind of sense whatsoever. The TTC is necessary in order to get park hoppers to whereever of the two original parks they want to go.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Um...it's dust bowl themed. Disney pulls out the big guns to make this dream a reality. Actual weather aging for 5+ years before finishing. Genius.

And complete with wooden 2x4s slapped together as railings that are falling apart (or completely off). I got a close look of the legendary years, just a couple of weeks ago. Either tear em down... or do something with them. It looks pretty ghetto.. like something you would see on Irlo Bronson Highway... not on Disney property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom