Some wild (and some not-so-wild) rumors on WDW Radio Show Podcast - January 6th

CaptainJackNO

I think that the rebound in tourism warrants the opening of the new Pop Century resort. I understand DVC, but many people who stay at the value hotels cannot afford DVC, so I see that as a non-issue. Botom line is, in off season times, the resort discounts are usually at moderate to deluxe resorts (they mail them to me.) The reason for this is that the value resorts are pretty much always filled because of their affordability, other events around the world, etc. Last summer, when we went to WDW, i tried to get rooms at the values, and they were all booked up. But, all moderates and deluxe had rooms available.
It would cost a fortune to demolish those buidlings, removing plumbing, underground wiring, etc. Probably near as much to finish them. The question begs as to whether there are enough value rooms.

bears163

There is no way will they add a 5th gate & charge 300 to get in...no way..even is food & drinks were included how can they charge 300/day. take the admision to MK right now. that is about 90 if you buy just a 1 day pass. Can someone actually eat 200 in food in the few hours the park is open? the parks they have now need so much attention that a 5th gate should not be in the plans for a few years. IMO AK is just a ride or 2 & a new land from being a full day park like MK. Epcot still needs a new ride & Studios needs a few more things. On the other hand from what i have read the attendance is up almost year round now & if that keeps up i could see them doing another park sooner than later...again IMO

Enderikari

Discovery Cove is an Orlando, Florida theme park where guests can interact with a variety of marine animals, most notably bottlenose dolphins. The park, which is operated by the Busch Entertainment Corporation (the theme park division of Anheuser-Busch) is adjacent to SeaWorld Orlando. In addition to swimming with dolphins, Discovery Cove guests can interact with exotic birds, tropical fishes, rays and land mammals.

The park differs from other U.S. theme parks in both admission price, which approaches $280 per guest in the summer season (this figure includes about thirty min. of direct interaction with dolphins; admission can be reserved without this for a lower rate), and in the fact that reservations are required. Admission to the park includes all you can eat/drink at the restaurants, snack bars, and even the alcoholic bar. All guests that enter the park receive the use of a mask and either a wetsuit or vest, as well as a snorkel that they get to keep. A maximum of 1000 guests will be present in the park at any one time. A Discovery Cove admission includes lunch, equipment rental and ticket to either SeaWorld Orlando or Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. The park recently launched a program called "Twilight Discovery" that also includes a gourmet dinner and drinks. Park attractions range from a heated "river" that circles the park,the large array of plant life, a reef that allows guests to swim with thousands of different creatures, including 8-foot wide rays, an aviary, a large pool for the many dolphins, among others. This is one of the smallest parks in Orlando, though due to its high quality entertainment and family enjoyment, it is one of the top-rated parks.

Senderella

There is no way will they add a 5th gate & charge 300 to get in...no way..even is food & drinks were included how can they charge 300/day. take the admision to MK right now. that is about 90 if you buy just a 1 day pass. Can someone actually eat 200 in food in the few hours the park is open? the parks they have now need so much attention that a 5th gate should not be in the plans for a few years. IMO AK is just a ride or 2 & a new land from being a full day park like MK. Epcot still needs a new ride & Studios needs a few more things. On the other hand from what i have read the attendance is up almost year round now & if that keeps up i could see them doing another park sooner than later...agin IMO

ugh!! Eating $200 in food over a short time + thrill rides = :hurl:

CaptainJackNO

I think the Disney Hollywood Studios needs the most work. It has barely changed since its opening. I know they have the toy story ride opening soon, and i know they have lights motors action> They need to add more attractions in that park. Last June, it was so crowded, The Great Movie Ride had an HOUR AND A HALF WAIT!!! WQhen is the last time that happened?
The only attraction with less than a 45 minute wait was Walt Disney: One Man's Dream. They need more attractions to spread out the crowds at that park. It was unreal, the crowds in that park, were. They could start by re-opening the attractions that lay dormant and unused. About 10 years ago, Disney Studios was my favorite park. Now, i can't bear the thought of the crowds. If it were not for my little boy, we probably would have skipped it. And I am a reall Disney Fanatic. It is so tired and in need of Refurb. That's what needs to be done before they do any of these other things. That park could be a crowning jewel.

Kingdom WDW

Rumors from "reputable sources" as the host states:
-No new news about ABC Theater - same stuff we've already heard
Okay.
-Scripting Haunted Mansion pre-show - again - same stuff we've heard
Dang.
-Contemporary DVC Building - will be same height as Contemporary Tower minus the California Grill - also, Concourse Steakhouse is expected to move to the new tower and its' space in the original building will made into an expansion of Chef Mickey's
Interesting. Any news for a rooftop restaurant at the DVC?
-Third theater for Soarin' likely - film change also likely akin to "Soarin' Over the World" What about Soarin' over Florida?
-What isn't coming in the near future:
-Nothing new in the 20K spot - therefore, for the very near future; Pooh's Play Spot is "permanent" (shudders).
Rats.
-Nothing planned for the Tomorrowland Theater.
Good.
-Nothing planned other for DHS other than what's already under construction.
>_<
-No new pavilions planned for WS.
:fork:
-Nothing planned for the WoL pavilion.
No Horizons for you or for me...
Now the wild stuff:
-Not only will the Legendary Years of Pop Century not re-open, they will be torn down.
Any news on what will be there?
-A new resort could be coming - old plans to build a Mediterranean resort on the Seven Seas Lagoon are apparently a possibility again. The resort was first speculated to be built between the Contemporary and the TTC. Now it is rumored to be built in between the TTC and the Polynesian resort.
There's enough space for that?

And now the wildest rumor:
-Plans for a quasi-5th gate just past AK (not Beastly Kingdom) are possibly in the works. The park would be on the very high-end and would be a "night" park with hours like 4 PM-midnight. The park would be filled with thrill rides and other attractions. Here's the kicker: the park would be all-inclusive, meaning that food would be included with the approximately $300 entrance fee admission.

Could this be the widely-tossed Project H?

Discuss:

I doubt Project H will happen. It just doesn't seem logistical.

Brian_WDW74

Where is this information comming from? Is it relaible?:drevil:

For those who don't know, these rumors are being reported by Lou Mongello, author of the "Walt Disney World Trivia" books. He usually has pretty reliable sources. But as with all rumors, they have to be taken with a grain of salt.

For the more outlandish stuff the OP listed, Lou stresses several times in his podcast that these are wild rumors he's heard from various sources. He says the only reason he's mentioning them is that he thinks it will be fun to keep track of them throughout the year and see if any of them actually come true. He's not saying that any of them will.

jt04

For those who don't know, these rumors are being reported by Lou Mongello, author of the "Walt Disney World Trivia" books. He usually has pretty reliable sources. But as with all rumors, they have to be taken with a grain of salt.

For the more outlandish stuff the OP listed, Lou stresses several times in his podcast that these are wild rumors he's heard from various sources. He says the only reason he's mentioning them is that he thinks it will be fun to keep track of them throughout the year and see if any of them actually come true. He's not saying that any of them will.

A new resort on the land currently occupied by the TTA and a portion of the MK parking lot still rings true to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom