Some Trips Are Worth Melting For! A Comically Magical PTR That Doesnt Give Max Credit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney Analyst

My reading comprehension may be different, but all I see is the administrator of this website asking the OP and frankly all of us to not post images with depictions or symbols that are associated with white supremacy, and they are simply sharing their reasons for that decision, which is based on the posting history and pattern of that particular person. Don’t forget, regardless of intent that image can be interpreted by anyone, found by anyone on the internet, now in association with this platform.

And as said, even if this was not the intent of the original photo and family, or the OP, it does have that association and it’s certainly within @wdwmagic's purview to ask that not be shared on these boards.

It’s also against the rules to argue with the decision of a moderator. Although you can take the complaint to them directly via PM. I do feel they’ve been quite generous with their time and explaining their reasons.

(Sorry for just randomly jumping in, but it seems everyone in here needs to find a way to accept the admins decision, move on, or find a different venue for this type of thread and posting style).

Let's chill out. I am sure we can all get along, let's try to interact with kindness and sincerity.

amjt660

and why are you posting White Supremacy hand gestures? Please stop, it has no place here.
Perhaps a “did you know” rather than a “ why are you” question would have been better
Well for most posters, I would assume that is all it was. However, you have a previous history of posting political trolling messages.
Guilty until proven innocent?
One heck of a coincidence that he selected that particular image.
An image you and I and (I would guess) most did not even know had any relationship with hate?

I'm not suggesting anyone is anything in the photo.
But you really are when you connect the dots like you did

It would never have crossed my mind coming from another user, and I had no idea that the hand gesture was even a thing.
Again the whole thing has been a stretch and a leap in the ( wrong ) direction - imho
But, at the end of the day, its your playground and you get to set the fluid goal posts
And I am happy playing and paying to be in your playground
Sorry, but the OP has created this situation with previous actions, despite continual warnings
This comes across as a bias on your part ( (again from my position )
I was not apologizing.
Yes you are correct - actually you have been doubling down quite effectively

So just to give some context I sort of stirred this up a bit when I posted on another TR that the OP of that TR had used the same title as I had used for my June trip.

9000 ran with this and started basically re posting from previous TRs - including mine which was the first one- as a joke
That he was copying other trip reports

I thought it was hilarious

The photo shop thing was off base and should not have happened and removing it makes sense to me

But the splash mountain image is at least 6-8 years old and seems totally innocent to me

You received complaints from others- their assumptions of what he was doing and his motives - and took them as fact and then accused 9000 of usage racist/ hate images

Now I would have expected you to ask questions- to hear the other side of the story - as a parent I know that that is always a necessary step in determining cause and effect

You seem confident in your approach ( and yet the post with the splash picture is still up- curious?)

So - where do we go from here you ask ? - well I and others might have to do a lot more research before we post any images here - a fair tribunal is not always available it seems

Max

Last edited:

Prince-1

Sadly this is what happens when a user has a long term history of political trolling. It would never have crossed my mind coming from another user, and I had no idea that the hand gesture was even a thing. The post received multiple reports, and I looked into it, which is what I have to do.

I don't understand why the OP continually has to skate along the line of trolling. I'm frankly tired of it. I have better things to do.

I know one way you can stop it from continuing. 21stamps ring a bell?!? 😉

Chi84

Premium Member
I can assure you that is NOT what my family is doing. It was a game we play. If someone shows you that sign you have to put your finger in the middle of the OK sign and if you dont then the other person gets to punch you.

It is people like you who spread hate. Why would your mind automatically go to white supremacy??? I am embarrassed for you.
And also, bigotry is not a political issue. Bigots come in all shapes, colors, religions and political parties.

BTW, The game was clearly outlined in that TR if you had bothered to do your homework before accusing me and @wdisney9000. Whoever has your ear appears to be the intolerant one.
Where was it clearly outlined in the trip report?

fractal

@wdisney9000 I don't know one way or another what you really want but did you really use Buddys pictures? How could you think that was cool to do?
Buddy is part of a private group here of "trip reporters". 9000 started a sort of parody trip report for fun and included photos of members of that group including a photo of me and my family. I thought it was very funny. Buddy did not. Perhaps a quick private message from Buddy to 9000 asking for him to be excluded would have been a more appropriate reaction but we'll never know.

BuddyThomas

Where was it clearly outlined in the trip report?
Exactly. It is a very strange "game" to play. Today, the posts on here have been absolutely insane. Started at 7AM with stolen photoshop pictures. Ended with a bunch of people screaming at moderators. What the?!?!?"!?!?! And I'm the person who got banned from the entire site for as week because I told off a Homophobe.

BuddyThomas

Buddy is part of a private group here of "trip reporters". 9000 started a sort of parody trip report for fun and included photos of members of that group including a photo of me and my family. I thought it was very funny. Buddy did not. Perhaps a quick private message from Buddy to 9000 asking for him to be excluded would have been a more appropriate reaction but we'll never know.
You'll know right now. I would have said it was fine if I was asked. But I was not asked. And since this guy is a hardcore right winger with completely different views than myself, I do not want my photos used by him, even though it doesn't seem to be a big deal.

BuddyThomas

Sweetheart, I do not have time to deal with all of this ridiculous garbage but have a great time.

Chi84

Premium Member
Exactly. It is a very strange "game" to play. Today, the posts on here have been absolutely insane. Started at 7AM with stolen photoshop pictures. Ended with a bunch of people screaming at moderators. What the?!?!?"!?!?! And I'm the person who got banned from the entire site for as week because I told off a Homophobe.
I don’t understand the part about playing a game on Splash Mountain where people make an “ok” sign and then another person has to put their finger in it or get punched. Or was it supposed to be a sports reference or gesture? Two different explanations for the same picture with neither making much sense. Then another poster says the picture is 6 years old?

I’m completely confused. You really can’t blame a mod for questioning this.

donaldtoo

Old, fat, white guy from Texas here…
But, when did a simple OK hand gesture start to mean white supremacy, and how…I’m truly befuddled, as this is the first I’ve heard of this…?!?!?! 🤔 🤪
The craziness in the world these days is dangerously close to…

86CA0578-720F-4034-AB5E-90ED69EE0152.gif

amjt660

I don’t understand the part about playing a game on Splash Mountain where people make an “ok” sign and then another person has to put their finger in it or get punched. Or was it supposed to be a sports reference or gesture? Two different explanations for the same picture with neither making much sense. Then another poster says the picture is 6 years old?
I went back and found the TR and it was a Dec 2018 trip - so almost 5 years old

And with regard to the question about was the games described in the report…

IMG_5505.jpeg

bazinga GIF

Max

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
So the picture is of people making a sign and literally defending it against claims it was a gang sign. Alrighty then.
As a Chicago resident I would think you would know that a very similar hand gesture is for the gangster disciples. That is not limited to Chicago, they go coast to coast. I am pretty sure they are not white supremacists.

Chi84

Premium Member
As a Chicago resident I would think you would know that a very similar hand gesture is for the gangster disciples. That is not limited to Chicago, they go coast to coast. I am pretty sure they are not white supremacists.
I don't know anything about the people or what they were doing. But they're attacking the owner of this site for questioning the gesture when they knew full well when they posted it that it was problematic. Under those circumstances, their protestations of innocence and outrage ring a bit hollow totally apart from what they intended with the sign.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

I don't know anything about the people or what they were doing. But they're attacking the owner of this site for questioning the gesture when they knew full well when they posted it that it was problematic. Under those circumstances, their protestations of innocence and outrage ring a bit hollow.

You’ve got to be kidding us…?!?!?!

Tony the Tigger

But, when did a simple OK hand gesture start to mean white supremacy, and how…I’m truly befuddled, as this is the first I’ve heard of this…?!?!?! 🤔 🤪
Never said white supremacists were smart!

But the upside-down “OK” thing is definitely a thing for them, no matter how stupid. Just google it. They’ve also adopted Hawaiian shirts. 🤦🏻‍♂️

@Chi84 I’m only half paying attention to this and I missed whatever was deleted. I have friends on all sides and the whole thing is unfortunate. But I believe the pic was randomly dug up from an old trip report of a member here - pretty sure @Darstarr - who is about as far from a gang member as you can get, which is why that line was funny.

There are a bunch of inside jokes going on, and if the reader didn’t know that, it could be misinterpreted.

If there’s a private trip report group, maybe this post would have been better off there.

It seems to me @wdisney9000 thought he was only using pics from his friends’ TRs, as a specific joke, to make one big conglomerate “plagiarized” (that’s the joke) report. Most of them were in on it from the beginning and thought it was funny. (In context, it’s funny.)

Buddy apparently wasn’t in on it from the beginning, which is probably why he didn’t know it was meant to be funny.

There are threads where this place has gotten pretty hostile, so I’m not surprised if his first reaction was to be suspicious - especially if it was presented to him as “look what someone said about you” or whatever.

Steve only got 1/3 of the story, apparently through reported posts, and you can imagine how it must have sounded.

Don’t anyone argue with me, I have covid. This is the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom