Some Trips Are Worth Melting For! A Comically Magical PTR That Doesnt Give Max Credit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Okay, so after lurking the Trip Report forums for years I am going to attempt my first ever trip report (please be gentle). I guess this would be a bit of a pre-trip report since we don’t leave until this Friday (that would be 2days 23hours and 55 minutes according to my trip countdown clock on my computer). Just a warning before you go on… I tend to ramble.

The team: Me (39), DH (42), DS (15), DD (12) (That’s all of us in my Avatar)

Hubby had brekkie and made ressies at the Grand for the kiddos at Uni and then it was time to head out! @rshell68 style for the ride down!

Screenshot_20230815_115855_Chrome.jpg

lostpro9het

Okay, so after lurking the Trip Report forums for years I am going to attempt my first ever trip report (please be gentle). I guess this would be a bit of a pre-trip report since we don’t leave until this Friday (that would be 2days 23hours and 55 minutes according to my trip countdown clock on my computer). Just a warning before you go on… I tend to ramble.

Hubby had brekkie and made ressies at the Grand for the kiddos at Uni and then it was time to head out! @rshell68 style for the ride down!

View attachment 737674
Brekkie is my favorite meal of the day. I enjoy it most when riding the MCO monorail.

Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

rshell68

View attachment 737674
OH SNAP!! Loved that car!!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Quick update: Tone and X are finally headed down!
Screenshot_20230815_134140_Chrome.jpg

Day 1 ctd

Tone and the fam had a safe and fun ride down.

Screenshot_20230815_134217_Chrome.jpg

We met up amd headed over to MK. They opened up Splash Mountain just for us.

Screenshot_20230815_134728_Chrome.jpg

My 15 year old nephew had last rode this when he was a baby and was crying.

Screenshot_20230815_134650_Chrome.jpg
But you're always safe with @Darstarr !

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
@wdisney9000 please do not photoshop other people's images (which I see you have since deleted), and why are you posting White Supremacy hand gestures? Please stop, it has no place here.
Thank you for the message. I'm just not sure what you are referring to as "white supremacy"?

If it's the Splash Mountain ride photo, I assure you that what they are doing is absolutely not white Supremacy hand gestures. It's a sports reference/gesture

Screenshot_20230816_144210_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230816_144312_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230816_144324_Chrome.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thank you for the message. I'm just not sure what you are referring to as "white supremacy"?

If it's the Splash Mountain ride photo, I assure you that what they are doing is absolutely not white Supremacy hand gestures. It's a sports reference/gesture

View attachment 737844

View attachment 737845

View attachment 737846
Well for most posters, I would assume that is all it was. However, you have a previous history of posting political trolling messages.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Well for most posters, I would assume that is all it was. However, you have a previous history of posting political trolling messages.

I can assure you that is NOT what my family is doing. It was a game we play. If someone shows you that sign you have to put your finger in the middle of the OK sign and if you dont then the other person gets to punch you.

It is people like you who spread hate. Why would your mind automatically go to white supremacy??? I am embarrassed for you.
And also, bigotry is not a political issue. Bigots come in all shapes, colors, religions and political parties.

BTW, The game was clearly outlined in that TR if you had bothered to do your homework before accusing me and @wdisney9000. Whoever has your ear appears to be the intolerant one.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I can assure you that is NOT what my family is doing. It was a game we play. If someone shows you that sign you have to put your finger in the middle of the OK sign and if you dont then the other person gets to punch you.

It is people like you who spread hate. Why would your mind automatically go to white supremacy??? I am embarrassed for you.
And also, bigotry is not a political issue. Bigots come in all shapes, colors, religions and political parties.

BTW, The game was clearly outlined in that TR if you had bothered to do your homework before accusing me and @wdisney9000. Whoever has your ear appears to be the intolerant one.
As I already said, the poster has a previous history, and has received many warnings. One heck of a coincidence that he selected that particular image.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster

Making an off-hand political joke and supporting white supremacy is not the same thing.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
As I already said, the poster has a previous history, and has received many warnings. One heck of a coincidence that he selected that particular image.
Any political references I've made have never been racial. Not one.

It couldn't be that I was joking about "Splash Mountain being opened for us to ride"? It's that I chose a white supremacist image?

Quite an extreme accusation.

Loco_driver

Direct quote from the article you linked -

“But the US anti-hate group says the "overwhelming usage" of the hand gesture today is still to show approval or that someone is OK.
Therefore "particular care must be taken not to jump to conclusions about the intent behind someone who has used the gesture".

I understand 9000 has done his share of “political trolling”, some of which even I thought may have been a little much, but jumping to the conclusion that he is some sort of neo-nazi alt right nut job is a terrible accusation, one that is in itself based on a bias that anyone who says something disagreeable to you is somehow a horrible person.

You are also suggesting the people in the photo, some of who happen to be very good friends of mine, are being hateful even though this was clearly an on ride photo that was approved by Disney themselves. I have not read that TR, yet even I was able to tell by using context clues that this was some sort of inside joke or game amongst the family. Shame on you for jumping to the conclusion that this family would teach their children such hate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom