Some MK kingdom Updates

Sped2424

Original Poster
Alright so I was able to go to magic kingdom yesterday and I was able to snap a few pics here that I thought you all would enjoy.

tumblr_mgypq5iCMK1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

They seem to have torn more of the rock work away and have started to take the over paint coat off of the thorns on the outside.
tumblr_mgypq5iCMK1rb3d4bo5_1280.jpg

Better shot of the now pale thorns and a little teensy look inside as well
tumblr_mgypq5iCMK1rb3d4bo7_1280.jpg
This picture is from Pirates of the Caribbean they have completely blocked off the right side of the entrance que which I can only guess will be changed to be made interactive.
tumblr_mgyq5l9c761rb3d4bo1_500.jpg

Im not sure if they have always had this crest in the line for pirates but in my mind it really resembles the crests over at FLE I am most likely wrong and this has probably been there forever but still I never noticed it.

Side note: The entrance of the park has a bunch of the ticket readers blocked off so that they can install all of the Next Gen Readers.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Also there were some scaffolding's in the line area of splash as well which I think might lead to another interactive Que

Sped2424

Original Poster
Yeah they are giving this refurb some real attention every angle I could glance at inside ride they were doing something and considering how this is one of the longest updates they have done in a while this ride will receive the tlc that it so desperately deserves.

PeterAlt

Nope, if the AA's aren't working like they should, oh and if 6 months after the refurb things are broken and are not fixed within 7 days ... well - they clearly haven't learned anything...every major attraction needs a good refurb...
Didn't he say that the AA's are being fixed? I guess this is one of those "wait and see" things! I'll wait and see. If you're right, you're right. If not, smile; be happy.

Playing devil's advocate, I see DL just closed BTMRR for a 10-month rehab. That is pretty lengthy, compared to WDW's Splash Mountain 3-month closure (which is said to be pretty lengthy, compared to the 2010 1-month rehab). Knowing that DL's BTMRR will be closed for 10-months, compared to 3 months for our Splash, it does make me think they're putting a lot more effort on that rehab than our rehab. Or they could be working faster, with more workers and round-the-clock construction for WDW's Splash, making this project equal in attention being given, compared with DL's BTMRR rehab.

Another thing, should the new changeout in park leadership make a difference now?

PeterAlt

Ok. I'm a bit confused. While searching to get information on how long our BTMRR was under rehab, I Iearned that the DL version was under rehab for 5+ months last year. Now, it's closed for another rehab, lasting 10 months. How long was our version under rehab for?

Are the multiple-part very long rehabs at DL attractions due to those attractions being in worse condition than ours, or is it because they are doing more extensive and detailed work there?

midwest_mice

I also noticed that the new FP+ readers that were up, the cast members were letting anyone with a room key with their tickets on them using the new turnstiles. It was a little congested mainly at MK earlier in the day with only half of the turnstiles being used for regular passes.

mickey2008.1

Good update. Definitely doing some major refurb on Splash, especially the last hill. Anyone know exactly what they are doing? Is it just cleaning and painting, or actually fixing things?

midwest_mice

Speaking of MK updates, does anyone know what is up with the WDW RR from Fantasyland Station to Main St? The audio was awful. It was like there was two tracks playing the same exact spiel about 2 seconds apart. That was the only stretch of the RR I noticed it.

SkipperButler

Ok. I'm a bit confused. While searching to get information on how long our BTMRR was under rehab, I Iearned that the DL version was under rehab for 5+ months last year. Now, it's closed for another rehab, lasting 10 months. How long was our version under rehab for?

Are the multiple-part very long rehabs at DL attractions due to those attractions being in worse condition than ours, or is it because they are doing more extensive and detailed work there?

Disneyland's refurb includes a complete track replacement.

MissM

I also noticed that the new FP+ readers that were up, the cast members were letting anyone with a room key with their tickets on them using the new turnstiles. It was a little congested mainly at MK earlier in the day with only half of the turnstiles being used for regular passes.
I was at both AK and MK on Saturday and at AK the entire right-hand side of the entrance were for people with Keys to the World tickets only. They had CM's holding up big signs with photos of what the ticket looked like and if you didn't have that style of ticket, they were directing you to the left side of the turnstyles (which was severely backed up.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom