Some MK kingdom Updates

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
This may be the single best metaphor for the current state of WDW that I've ever read.

That is not a metaphor. It is merely a factual example. Which makes it worse. Metaphors are exaggeration s to make a point. Nothing exaggerated in endor's post.

COProgressFan

I'm glad you don't have pixie dust blinders on. We need more FANS like you. As I said Small World is in the worst shape of any WDW attraction. To be honest I'm not sure how it isn't talked about more on this site.

I'll talk about it.

It's filthy inside there. When they rerouted the queue over the boats to the back wall a couple years ago, they forgot to realize instead of guests simply walking over the bridge as they exit, they would be standing in place in queue, dropping trash, spilling drinks, and the like. And of course no one ever cleans it. So when the ride is about to end and you go under the bridge you are greeted by trash, 3 inches of dust, and grimy crud dripping down the walls. Talk about a magical memory. And this was just after you went through the soon-to-be interactive goodbye room with dripping spit wads on the scuffed black walls and ceilings, and the "white" room where nothing is actually white but more like covered with even more dust and a nice layer of mildew and mold at the water line (especially on the rocking boat).

That better for you? I'm sure we could go on... :) Maybe George K needs to read this thread too to truly appreciate the mess he's getting into.

cjkeating

When this next-gen finale is put into place, are they going to have to do something about the continual stacking that occurs often from just outside the archway and through this room? I am presuming if RFID needs to trigger to place something on the screens it will not be able to deal with the boats being continually jammed in that section?

TylerFG

Not when you see the condition Small World and The Tiki Room are in. The singing flowers AA's are still down which makes that going on 8 months and reflects total negligence on park ops. The flying Carpets of Aladdin are in dire need of oil and don't even get me going on Small World, that ride is in the worst shape of any WDW attraction.

Ugh, don't get me started on ISAW's state. The past two trips I've been going to WDW (2011 and 2012.), I've noticed such things like apparent mold on the ceiling in certain scenes (I forget where.), and a major decline in AA's. Even my aunt noticed something was up. I'm sorry, but as much as I love ISAW, they way things are maintaining in WDW's SW is rather dissapointing.

Genie of the Lamp

The worst part of this is they have just like Splash Mountain consistently down timed IASW, however they have not put in the hard works effort they should be putting in toward a typical effective refurb. I have the feeling though that with George and his park ops skills coming to WDW, we will see more effective, much needed refurbs take place under his helm that we haven't seen in a long time. You would also think average guests riding this would at the very least complain about IASW's show quality issues at Guest Relations(they probably just brush it off to the side and give em some perks or MAGICal collectibles,etc.idk)

RSoxNo1

The AA's in splash mountain are getting a LOT of attention right now.. most show scenes are devoid of AA's at the moment as most of them are in Central Shops..

Meanwhile, expect a crane behind (sometimes show-visible) behind splash mountain soon.. No super-heavy lifting is needed, but they will be bucket-ing in concrete for rock work replacement/repair
Great to hear.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I'm hoping Splash is nice and fresh upon its return. IASW could use some work. A Disneyland like refurb is in order and the boat jamming issue being fixed would be a pleasant surprise if it were one day fixed.

dolce20

I find IASW's current state creepy. Green mold, thick dust, missing eyes on AA's...it's creepy but also so disgraceful in the name of Mary Blair. It wouldn't take much, relatively speaking, or them to just do some housecleaning on this classic deteriorating thing of beauty.

Yert3

Who here misses this?

I thought it was cool at first when they remodeled it to look like Disneyland's, but looking back, I just really miss the colors and the fountains. :(

To me, this:
it's%20a%20small%20world%2002.jpg

Looks better than this:
4332505838_6952f0fa37.jpg

Better video:

icecreamrules

I asked a CM last night about the walls up in the Pirates queue. He said they're preparing for fp+. So, there's that. For what it's worth.
“A Pirate's Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas,” a new immersive experience for Guests will debut this spring in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom Park.
Q1. When does “A Pirate's Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas” open?
A1.
“A Pirate's Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas” is scheduled to open spring 2013.

Q2. What is “A Pirate's Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas?”
A2.
“A Pirate's Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas” will be a new interactive immersive experience for our Guests set in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom Park. Guests will use a pirate map and magic talisman to help them complete five different pirate raids throughout Adventureland. The goal is to help locate different Treasures of the Seven Seas and fight off pirate enemies.

RSoxNo1

Who here misses this?

I thought it was cool at first when they remodeled it to look like Disneyland's, but looking back, I just really miss the colors and the fountains. :(

To me, this:
it's%20a%20small%20world%2002.jpg

Looks better than this:
4332505838_6952f0fa37.jpg

Better video:

Wow, I totally forgot about the fountains, I miss them too - I like the "new" facade, but i'd love to see those fountains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom