Some MK kingdom Updates

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ok. I'm a bit confused. While searching to get information on how long our BTMRR was under rehab, I Iearned that the DL version was under rehab for 5+ months last year. Now, it's closed for another rehab, lasting 10 months. How long was our version under rehab for?

Are the multiple-part very long rehabs at DL attractions due to those attractions being in worse condition than ours, or is it because they are doing more extensive and detailed work there?
DL is now getting a complete track replacement, amongst other things. Ours nearly did too, and likely will within the next decade.

MerlinTheGoat

I believe Martin and wdw71fan stated in the other topic that Splash Mountain was indeed getting some major attention that would end up getting things really fixed as long as the budget wasn't cut or whatever. This includes getting the animatronics to the workshop and repairing them, so it's not just cosmetic work to the mountain itself. And prior to the ride going down for refurb, someone reported (with a video for evidence) that over the course of the Christmas holiday the water fountain effects in the Laughing Place had already been switched back on.

Splash Mountain's refurb success (as well as the gauging of any sort of potential upturn at WDW) comes with two requirements. The refurb itself is the first requirement obviously, getting everything fixed and spruced up so that everything looks new and show ready. The second requirement will be keeping it that way post refurb due to proper preventative maintenance. So nothing breaking and remaining broken just a couple of months after the refurb is finished, like what happened with Big Thunder.

You won't hear any complaints out of me in regards to Splash if they manage to fulfill those two aspects. There will still be plenty of other things to address on other rides, but it will be a good start.

Clowd Nyne

I can't wait to see the splash refurb. It was always my favorite attraction. But when I took my wife for the first time last year I was embarrassed.

Maybe it will shine like a new penny again when we experience it again this August.

PeterAlt

WDW's MK should stand out among its CA sibling as having a uniquely better Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion. They need to make sure it will always stay that way. DL has had this sibling rivalry thing going for years now by constantly making their vastly superior Space Mountain and Pirates even better.

midwest_mice

WDW's MK should stand out among its CA sibling as having a uniquely better Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion. They need to make sure it will always stay that way. DL has had this sibling rivalry thing going for years now by constantly making their vastly superior Space Mountain and Pirates even better.
I agree 100% with this. WDW's Pirates doesn't quite live up to DL version. WDW's Haunted Mansion's setting is so much better being tucked back into a corner of the park along the Rivers of America makes it very eerie at night.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Btmrr wont open up again in DL until sometime in October but Sp will open up in our park again on March 20th

cheezbat

Splash's much needed refurb hopefully will be exactly what it's needed for some time now.

As for the Pirates queue, I wouldn't be surprised to see the interactive elements...but on a busy day like today the queue line is a mess and winding quite a ways outside.

Splash being down is really putting a lot of pressure on the other attractions: Pirates 45 minute wait, Space Mountain 90 minute wait, Big Thunder 75 minute wait, Little Mermaid 65 minute wait, Haunted Mansion 40 minute wait.
Those omnimovers shouldn't have waits that long.

Animaniac93-98

Splash being down is really putting a lot of pressure on the other attractions: Pirates 45 minute wait, Space Mountain 90 minute wait, Big Thunder 75 minute wait, Little Mermaid 65 minute wait, Haunted Mansion 40 minute wait.

This is probably why they didn't close the teaups now after all. But all of this is proof that even with FLE there needs to be one or two new rides in the park, plus a reopening of the Diamond Horshose and possibly bringing back the Keelboats or something to help with park capacity.

Though of course, there will always be somedays when everything is busy.

cheezbat

This is probably why they didn't close the teaups now after all. But all of this is proof that even with FLE there needs to be one or two new rides in the park, plus a reopening of the Diamond Horshose and possibly bringing back the Keelboats or something to help with park capacity.

Heck even Carousel of Progress and Country Bear Jamboree were playing to full audiences!

I'm in complete agreement with you though. I was also annoyed to see Tortuga Tavern and Tomorrowland Terrace closed while all the other restaurants are packed during lunch hours.

Maybe they should do the Teacups refurb after Splash, but this place needs another E ticket or two and a few other people eating attractions.

bethymouse

Wow- crowded in January? That's absurd!:eek: I won't be able to see any difference to Splash until 2014.:( By then, maybe just maybe they'll have everything fixed!:D

wdw71fan

The AA's in splash mountain are getting a LOT of attention right now.. most show scenes are devoid of AA's at the moment as most of them are in Central Shops..

Meanwhile, expect a crane behind (sometimes show-visible) behind splash mountain soon.. No super-heavy lifting is needed, but they will be bucket-ing in concrete for rock work replacement/repair

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Permit was filed for Mad Tea Party yesterday so it looks like the refurb is moving ahead.

Clowd Nyne

Those omnimovers shouldn't have waits that long.
Great if this is what January looks like I guess I'm not going avoid the mad rush on the last week in February.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom