Some MK kingdom Updates

Scuttle

Will this convince the pessimists here that something good is finally happening?

Not when you see the condition Small World and The Tiki Room are in. The singing flowers AA's are still down which makes that going on 8 months and reflects total negligence on park ops. The flying Carpets of Aladdin are in dire need of oil and don't even get me going on Small World, that ride is in the worst shape of any WDW attraction.

alissafalco

Not when you see the condition Small World and The Tiki Room are in. The singing flowers AA's are still down which makes that going on 8 months and reflects total negligence on park ops. The flying Carpets of Aladdin are in dire need of oil and don't even get me going on Small World, that ride is in the worst shape of any WDW attraction.

When I rode ISW in September there was so much black dust caked on the last bridge you go under before you get off the ride. At the time I thought come on, how hard could it be for maintenance to just take a cloth and wipe the dust off???

Scuttle

When I rode ISW in September there was so much black dust caked on the last bridge you go under before you get of the ride. At the time I thought come on, how hard could it be for maintenance to just take a cloth and wipe the dust off???

Exactly, but that's just the start of it. Small World looks like it hasn't been touched by park ops in 2-3 years with the exception of them ripping out the nutcracker several months back.

JimboJones123

Exactly, but that's just the start of it. Small World looks like it hasn't been touched by park ops in 2-3 years with the exception of them ripping out the nutcracker several months back.
Misinformation. Last April, several dolls were out daily for fluffing.

PeterAlt

I feel your pain! But didn't Small World just have. A MAJOR overhaul just a few years back? Don't tell me the park ops just let that overhaul go to waste by not maintaining it properly?! If so, hasn't Burbank noticed? Hasn't John Lasseter noticed? He's powerful enough to pull some weight!

As for the Tiki Birds, ever since New Management, it's in need of a replacement. It's been an old unofficial policy of park managers to run a ride into disrepair when they want funds approved for a big budget replacement. I can see that happening with Tiki Birds, but there's no excuse for classic IASW!

Yert3

As for the Tiki Birds, ever since New Management, it's in need of a replacement. It's been an old unofficial policy of park managers to run a ride into disrepair when they want funds approved for a big budget replacement. I can see that happening with Tiki Birds, but there's no excuse for classic IASW!
In 2004, the Tiki Room at Disneyland got a 7 month refurbishment. That's crazy. I don't think that would ever happen at MK. During that refurb it got brand new AA's. That's what our Tiki room needs. Also, I say bring back the original 17 min show, and the enchanted fountain.

PeterAlt

By the way, I had a lengthy conversation with my sister, who is also a big Disney fan but doesn't have the time to go on these discussion groups. I told her about the complaints with ops. She had more questions than I had answers for, which is way I am drilling you all harder - so I can give her answers. If I can convince her that there's a problem, then the next step is to convince her that we need to have a talk with our cousin - who could make a phone call to someone who might be able to actually do something about it (I posted who she is in a previous message on another thread).

Sped2424

Original Poster
I dont want to sound negative but its a small world is in a state of utter distress, the paint on the walls is fading into completely different shades many of the dolls in the mexico part are missing eyes, there are panels in the roof that are missing and the a couple of trees have cut holes in them and a couple of the AA arent functioning

Scuttle

I dont want to sound negative but its a small world is in a state of utter distress, the paint on the walls is fading into completely different shades many of the dolls in the mexico part are missing eyes, there are panels in the roof that are missing and the a couple of trees have cut holes in them and a couple of the AA arent functioning

I'm glad you don't have pixie dust blinders on. We need more FANS like you. As I said Small World is in the worst shape of any WDW attraction. To be honest I'm not sure how it isn't talked about more on this site.

Yert3

I'm glad you don't have pixie dust blinders on. We need more FANS like you. As I said Small World is in the worst shape of any WDW attraction. To be honest I'm not sure how it isn't talked about more on this site.
This was posted yesterday. People think it's next gen. I don't know if this was talked about already, so sorry if it was. Black tarps are covering the "Goodbye signs" at the end of IaSW.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Before they go installing next gen they should focus the on the ride itself I rode last Friday and was a little embarrassed I think its in the worst shape the ride has ever been. But my friend who works at Disney claimed that with the new opening of fantasy land and all the traffic of people headed that way that there are going to shut down IASW and PPF for some major refurbs. Lets just hope shes right.

Yert3

I'm not saying I support the next gen. I just think it's interesting that iasw is in terrible condition, and instead of fixing the problems, they do this? I saw a thread a week or two back that they are worried about seating in the Tiki Room as well. Their priorities are well out of whack.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom