SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

MonorailLover

So sad. We leave on the 22nd :oops:

Sad as well...we leave on the 27th! Cannot believe this ride is still going to be closed for basically another month!!!

CM's are saying that they may start soft openings on the 18th(the last day I'm there!) which makes sense, being a 1.5 weeks before open..... Especially since they had their clearance machine out this and last week..... I atleast think they need a couple days or weeks of people on the ride to make sure everything's working

MattyBear

The thing I noticed about the announcement was that he seemed to be disappointed about the release date. Hopefully we can ride it during a soft opening.
Disney World  

CrazyCodyKid

I'm so happy right now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 136

Ember

CM's are saying that they may start soft openings on the 18th(the last day I'm there!) which makes sense, being a 1.5 weeks before open..... Especially since they had their clearance machine out this and last week..... I atleast think they need a couple days or weeks of people on the ride to make sure everything's working
Our last MK day is 5/20 so maybe we will get the chance to catch a soft opening. Not getting my hopes up though.

Kevo

4 years, 2 months, 25 days since ground breaking! Doh!
That is a very long time to wait for a very nicely themed family ride>
7DMT is not game changer!

HeatherWatson

So disappointed :cry: I guess I can feel better about missing it by a couple weeks instead of a couple days. Oh, well. At least I can't stop obsessing now, and I guess there's no reason not to look at the videos everyone has been talking about...

1 day 'til Disney

ETA: I am happy for everyone nabbing their FP+ :)

Kevo

Ground breaking of the expansion, not of the mine ride.

o_O My non Disney side says:
"OK, so let's announce Avatar on On September 17, 2011, do nothing whatsoever on the ground until January 10, 2014, and then do some occasional bits of stuff for a while, then delay it a few more years, then open it in 2020 when nobody cares less anymore."

The thing is, 7DMT was planned long before New Fantasyland was started and this is way too long for a nicely themed family ride to trundle into action.
Disney have been off target over the last decade and I fear it will show more as time passes.

csorrough

Fastpasses are now available on May 28th!!!!!
I just looked for fast passes may 28-30 and it's not even an option!!! Are they not letting annual pass holders sign up for fast passes only resort guests??? It's not standby only like Anna and Elsa it's just not even listed! All those who got fast passes do you have hotel stays booked? Are any of you passholders???

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
o_O My non Disney side says:
"OK, so let's announce Avatar on On September 17, 2011, do nothing whatsoever on the ground until January 10, 2014, and then do some occasional bits of stuff for a while, then delay it a few more years, then open it in 2020 when nobody cares less anymore."

The thing is, 7DMT was planned long before New Fantasyland was started and this is way too long for a nicely themed family ride to trundle into action.
Disney have been off target over the last decade and I fear it will show more as time passes.
SDMT was added into the Fantasyland expansion after it had been announced. The ride actually replaced what was to be a M&G area.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...n-confirmed-to-be-part-of-new-fantasyland.htm

donsullivan

Premium Member
I just looked for fast passes may 28-30 and it's not even an option!!! Are they not letting annual pass holders sign up for fast passes only resort guests??? It's not standby only like Anna and Elsa it's just not even listed! All those who got fast passes do you have hotel stays booked? Are any of you passholders???

I just booked one for the 28th as well as the following Saturday and I am a pass holder. If they announce a Passholder preview before that I'll likely cancel the one on the 28th but wanted to get it locked in as soon as they came available.

There are reports on Twitter that it's currently only working on the website, not in the app.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom