SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

jlsHouston

Extremely. For comparison, omnimover or boat based attractions like SSE, Pirates and its a small world can have hourly capacities nearly 3x that, at around 2400 people per hour. Most rides average somewhere from 1500-2000. Even Midway Mania, which is acknowledged to be an extremely low capacity ride, still manages around 1200-1300 I believe.

An hourly capacity of 800, for what is essentially a centerpiece ride of a new expansion, would lead to unimaginably long lines.
:eek:

jlsHouston

Extremely. For comparison, omnimover or boat based attractions like SSE, Pirates and its a small world can have hourly capacities nearly 3x that, at around 2400 people per hour. Most rides average somewhere from 1500-2000. Even Midway Mania, which is acknowledged to be an extremely low capacity ride, still manages around 1100-1200 I believe.

An hourly capacity of 800, for what is essentially a centerpiece ride of a new expansion, would lead to unimaginably long lines.

What do you think Barnstormer capacity is? That one is really low I bet.

SJN1279

That they are having problems getting the planned number of trains going. And that it may or may not be because of the shortened track length. If they don't get it worked out, capacity could be as low as 800/hour.

Ouch!
A lot of mays and coulds in that post. I'm sure it will all work out.

cw1982

800 per hour? Good god. Let's hope that goes up or we will have 4-hour waits for a 2-minute ride.

Kind of like the 4-hour waits for a 1-minute M&G.

Sounds like people with little kids are going to have a hard time getting much accomplished at MK this summer if half of their day is spent waiting for Anna and Elsa and the other half is spent waiting to ride 7DMT.

Cesar R M

Sounds like people with little kids are going to have a hard time getting much accomplished at MK this summer if half of their day is spent waiting for Anna and Elsa and the other half is spent waiting to ride 7DMT.
take the good side of this story...
kids will break the mine-digital game's records very quickly.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
You would think that if they were going to build a coaster with swinging trains they would have checked clearances through and through. I guess that is another whoops. This link was emailed to me a few minutes ago from @brandglover twitter feed (is that the right name for it? SOcial Media is foreign to me).

BmKSEGxIUAEktkm.jpg:large

BmKSCcKIIAAV8rf.jpg:large

Kman101

Maybe they shouldn't have shortened the track. I assume it was originally a bit longer of a ride in development. Do we know what Shanghai's will be?

jlsHouston

Yah I would not recommend making these two the priority without a FP that's for sure

jlsHouston

You would think that if they were going to build a coaster with swinging trains they would have checked clearances through and through. I guess that is another whoops. This link was emailed to me a few minutes ago from @brandglover twitter feed (is that the right name for it? SOcial Media is foreign to me).

BmKSEGxIUAEktkm.jpg:large

BmKSCcKIIAAV8rf.jpg:large

I'm not getting this either. Does this mean the carts are going to bump against the rocks?

jlsHouston

Um, if there's an issue with capacity, as being hinted at, it affects the soft opening.

This is something I can extapolate and infer. So the track is shorter than the original design called for? And what do you think they thought capacity per hour would be with shorter track? Also is that pic something to with the carts bumping the rocks or something?

csm

Um, if there's an issue with capacity, as being hinted at, it affects the soft opening.

Everyone one of you is missing the point that it was not even once planned to soft open up until now. It's *not* behind on its opening schedule. Stop grasping at straws. Stop imagining reasons. Stop establishing roadblocks because "you have a feeling" when frankly, lacking any actual information on what's going on "behind the hedge" eliminates any qualification to provide honest speculation. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train isn't far away from being ridden - but the growing desperation and seeming hopelessness this thread has devolved into will only make the short wait significantly more difficult to get through.

Kman101

Everyone one of you is missing the point that it was not even once planned to soft open up until now. It's *not* behind on its opening schedule. Stop grasping at straws. Stop imagining reasons. Stop establishing roadblocks because "you have a feeling" when frankly, lacking any actual information on what's going on "behind the hedge" eliminates any qualification to provide honest speculation. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train isn't far away from being ridden - but the growing desperation and seeming hopelessness this thread has devolved into will only make the short wait significantly more difficult to get through.

God will you relax?

Where am I begging to ride this thing?

And there's nothing wrong with speculation. Why are you so upset over this? Jeez

AND FYI ... MOST ATTRACTIONS SOFT OFTEN FIRST. It's a natural assumption. I can yell too. It isn't necessary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom