SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

Mawg

But they have a FEELING!!!!
Yes it was just a feeling, I'm not going to come on here and state something to sound like fact when I have no knowledge of the situation. They went back to testing with weights, that sounded off to me. We're you trying to attack me or discredit me. I have no credit so what's up with you.

jlsHouston

They most likely took the walls down for the media event. This way the invited media will have clear views for their reports.

Take this following information as you will, but the new Main Entrance Pass block out dates have been posted:
22 May - 06 June and 09 June - 31 July.

What does that mean, "Main Entrance Pass block out dates" ?

cw1982

Take this following information as you will, but the new Main Entrance Pass block out dates have been posted:
22 May - 06 June and 09 June - 31 July.

Hmm... kind of makes sense to block out free passes during the 24-hour event, as, from what I hear, that gets pretty packed at certain times of the day. Would the month of July not be a fairly common time to see those block outs as well, since that's one of the busiest months of the year? Maybe even the second half of June, since the parks tend to get progressively busier from the first week of June through the end of the month leading into July.

The only part that draws my curiosity is from May 25-June 6. It would figure that the one week I was able to make our schedule work out to take our trip (June 1-6), WDW would anticipate busier than normal crowds (I'm assuming that would be why they would block out passes) lol.

But yeah, it does make me wonder if those dates do have anything to do with the opening of 7DMT, but that is just speculation.

Ember

The only part that draws my curiosity is from May 25-June 6. It would figure that the one week I was able to make our schedule work out to take our trip (June 1-6), WDW would anticipate busier than normal crowds (I'm assuming that would be why they would block out passes) lol.
I would think Memorial Day weekend, kids in the south getting out of school for the summer, and people starting their vacation with the 24hr event continuing into the week after?

cw1982

I would think Memorial Day weekend, kids in the south getting out of school for the summer, and people starting their vacation with the 24hr event continuing into the week after?

I forgot about Memorial Day weekend. But the 24-hour event is May 24th, which is that same weekend, and even if they continue their vacations into the week after, that would presumably put those trips (assuming a week long trip) at ending around May 31-June 1. Still doesn't shed much light on June 1-6, unless they are just taking into account that many schools in the south will be out for the summer by then. Entirely possible... I guess I just hadn't thought about it in those terms and had hoped that we had picked a week that would at least be a better choice than July.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see how those dates coincide with 7DMT.

jlsHouston

From a fairly solid source ... going to be "a while" before soft opens for the public.
Serious? Because I mentioned the CM on a FB thread saying the same thing before Easter weekend...Everybody asked me if she was a bus drivero_O Anyways she pretty much said late spring/early summer which translates to June in my mind.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I forgot about Memorial Day weekend. But the 24-hour event is May 24th, which is that same weekend, and even if they continue their vacations into the week after, that would presumably put those trips (assuming a week long trip) at ending around May 31-June 1. Still doesn't shed much light on June 1-6, unless they are just taking into account that many schools in the south will be out for the summer by then. Entirely possible... I guess I just hadn't thought about it in those terms and had hoped that we had picked a week that would at least be a better choice than July.

Star Wars weekends are still going on the first week of June. It's also gay days (6/3 to 6/9). There will definitely be a big crowd at MK Saturday 6/7.

71jason

Serious? Because I mentioned the CM on a FB thread saying the same thing before Easter weekend...Everybody asked me if she was a bus drivero_O Anyways she pretty much said late spring/early summer which translates to June in my mind.

Don't think it's the same CM, considering I don't believe we know each other, and she would be a he in my case. But someone intimately familiar with MK ops.

cw1982

Star Wars weekends are still going on the first week of June. It's also gay days (6/3 to 6/9). There will definitely be a big crowd at MK Saturday 6/7.

Oh, definitely. But I leave to go home that day, and if I do MK at all on Friday, it will probably be that morning before we head to Epcot to enjoy WS during EMH. My main MK day is Sunday, 6/1, and will mainly be mid-afternoon and into the late night EMH.

I don't think SWW have much impact on those block out dates, though... notice that 6/7 and 6/8 are not included in the dates shared earlier in this thread.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Haha. I never said she was wrong...just asked if she was a bus driver;). If this ride doesn't open until early summer I'll be the first to give credit to the FB CM for having the scoop.

71jason

I forgot about Memorial Day weekend. But the 24-hour event is May 24th, which is that same weekend, and even if they continue their vacations into the week after, that would presumably put those trips (assuming a week long trip) at ending around May 31-June 1.

They did first stress test Belle during a special event, MNSSHP. And it would give more buzz (and capacity) to their third 24-hour event in three years.

cw1982

They did first stress test Belle during a special event, MNSSHP. And it would give more buzz (and capacity) to their third 24-hour event in three years.

Yeah, that would definitely make sense. If that was the case, and I know we're talking in purely hypothetical terms right now, but IF that was what happened, then soft opening would be Memorial Day weekend and then the official opening would be, when? A few days later?

spacemt354

Chili's
Reread my previous posts over the past few pages. I've been doing exactly that while you've been spending your time ranting about people going off topic. Helpful, btw! ;)

The information is all out there. The problem is it's not the information people want to hear. I've said it before - I'll say it again - a handful of people HAVE been providing the facts, but since that fact isn't "It's open! Go ride!" no one will accept the updates they've been given.

Not really. There have been several accounts providing counter information. One says it's a good chance for soft openings soon, yet another will say early summer.

It's tough to gauge. I don't think anyone actually knows when it will soft open, including the people working on the attraction. NFL soft opened 6 weeks before opening. So did Everest in 2006. Yet Test Track looked ready to open, yet it was delayed months before opening to guests.

7DMT looks ready for the most part, yet when will it open? Let's not kid ourselves and say "all" the information is out there. We really have no idea.

jlsHouston

Haha. I never said she was wrong...just asked if she was a bus driver;). If this ride doesn't open until early summer I'll be the first to give credit to the FB CM for having the scoop.

haha..there were so many bus driver cracks that night! You can find her on the "you must be a disney addict" thread of fb lol

Tom

Beta Return
The ride is obviously safe, or they wouldn't have put people on it to film the promos.

However, it's likely still being tested and adjusted, and they don't want to put people on the trains all day. Weights don't need bathroom breaks or meals, and they don't get bored while the trains sit in the station or at brake sections while they adjust something, and they don't take unauthorized photos and video of the ride.

Ember

Oops for some reason I was thinking Memorial Day weekend was the week after the 24 hr event. I'm just hoping that information is incorrect because we leave on the 22nd :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom