SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

Ember

I would not think the ride would be unveiled with walls down and only bushes blocking the entrance to have it sit there until end of May or June before opening. When you least expect it, expect it, just like Fantasy Land, just opened with no fanfare....
That's my thinking too, but then another person will post another debbie downer post about how that is simply not true blah blah blah....it won't be open until August...yada yada.

DoctorDisney

Actually, for Enchanted Tales with Belle, I got to experience it about four or five days before the first MNSSHP back in September of 2012. They were running a random soft opening around Sept 5, 6, 7, and 8, 2012.

Jefferson1964

That's my thinking too, but then another person will post another debbie downer post about how that is simply not true blah blah blah....it won't be open until August...yada yada.
Well fingers crossed as I will be visiting soon and would luv to take a ride, but if not, still tons of fun things to do like watch my 2 year olds face when he sees life size Mickey for the first time!!!!!

DoctorDisney

Well fingers crossed as I will be visiting soon and would luv to take a ride, but if not, still tons of fun things to do like watch my 2 year olds face when he sees life size Mickey for the first time!!!!!

It's good to see some people realize that not riding the 7DMT and not getting more than 3 FPs is not going to ruin their trip. More power to you Jefferson1964.

Kman101

I still don't get why they wouldn't want soft openings before a media preview, or even a cast preview, just to work some things out, if they plan on letting anyone in the blogosphere ride for media day. WHich there's been no promise of, either. I think it would make sense, so of course they wouldn't do that.

hpyhnt 1000

What I am hearing is enough to give an ops CM an ulcer.

This was supposed to HELP with capacity problems?

Oh, you can't go and say something like that without providing more detail.

EDIT: Ill bite. I assume ops CMs would have an ulcer because this thing has a rather low hourly capacity. With 5 cars per train each carrying 4 people, thats 20 people per train. So, at various dispatch intervals, thats:

30 seconds: 2400 HRC
45 seconds: 1800 HRC
50 seconds: 1540 HRC
60 seconds: 1200 HRC

I highly doubt this thing can operate at 30 seconds intervals. Even 45 seconds would be tough. But I think I see where you might be going with this.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
That they are having problems getting the planned number of trains going. And that it may or may not be because of the shortened track length. If they don't get it worked out, capacity could be as low as 800/hour.

Ouch!
I was just going to say, something of note is that so far we do not seem to have seen any multicar testing. Your comments add to that.

jlsHouston

I would not think the ride would be unveiled with walls down and only bushes blocking the entrance to have it sit there until end of May or June before opening. When you least expect it, expect it, just like Fantasy Land, just opened with no fanfare....

I seem to remember a lot of fanfare around soft openings for LM. We were at WDW for Thanksgiving that year and it would open and close of course with no real warning. My grandkids and daughter rode it twice that week and bragged at me about it. I finally rode the thing first time this year in March..I have no recollection over Belles though. I didn't even know it was there until we walked out of BOG one night and the grandkids ran over to do it summer of 2013

cw1982

EDIT: Ill bite. I assume ops CMs would have an ulcer because this thing has a rather low hourly capacity. With 5 cars per train each carrying 4 people, thats 20 people per train. So, at various dispatch intervals, thats:

I highly doubt this thing can operate at 30 seconds intervals. Even 45 seconds would be tough. But I think I see where you might be going with this.

What does HRC mean?

jlsHouston

That they are having problems getting the planned number of trains going. And that it may or may not be because of the shortened track length. If they don't get it worked out, capacity could be as low as 800/hour.

Ouch!

I'm guessing 800/hour is a low figure? I need education in this department

jlsHouston

I wish I just instinctively knew things like this. I wish I could like your post again

hpyhnt 1000

I'm guessing 800/hour is a low figure? I need education in this department

Extremely. For comparison, omnimover or boat based attractions like SSE, Pirates and its a small world can have hourly capacities nearly 3x that, at around 2400 people per hour. Most rides average somewhere from 1500-2000. Even Midway Mania, which is acknowledged to be an extremely low capacity ride, still manages around 1100-1200 I believe.

An hourly capacity of 800, for what is essentially a centerpiece ride of a new expansion, would lead to unimaginably long lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom