SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

spacemt354

Chili's
The problem with speculation is it enables the armchair imagineers to "get a feeling," which is then two threads later misconstrued as "head from an insider" which then spawns 2-3 pages of unwarranted "HOW DID THEY NOT PREPARE FOR THIS" freakout. The fact is everything is on course, and there is no tragedies to be concerned with.

I think the greater issue with speculation is you don't know who to believe and who not to. In this case, how do I know it is a "fact" everything is on course? I don't think anyone is in a position to categorically confirm this. So, speculation will commence. If you don't like it, @GoofGoof has already mentioned there is another thread just for soft-opening information.

THANK YOU FOR THIS INFORMATION. And For *your* information - I've not said it will not soft open. With an official opening planned for well past the 5/2 press event, there's plenty of time for your holy grail soft opening to occur and make all your dreams come true!

Oh my...

I REALLY hope you all like this attraction at the end of the day. I know things always get bad around the time of a new ride opening, but I swear I've never seen this site at this level. I just hope you're not all foaming each other up into such a frenzy of unreasonable expectation causing you to come back with "that's it?!" comments after riding what truly is a lovely attraction.

There is another thread to discuss what "ticket" 7DMT will be. The majority believe it will be a "D-ticket" and I think that's a reasonable assumption.

Chroniq

Hey everyone- Just wanted to post a real update with with real information. Grain of salt and everything, but this was my conversations with Imagineers on April 25th. I'm here on a family vacation and don't have any inside information, but I'm somewhat of a personable guy. I was taking photos for a website that I work on as a hobby yesterday morning (parkjourney.com check out the pics they came out pretty well) and early that morning there were imagnineers all around (the guys wearing the red hard hats with their names). Bob (a guy in his late 50's who could be in charge? does anyone know him?) was talking to Gregg at the eastern corner. I walked up to them, made a bunch of small talk with them for 5 minutes and then said this. "I'm a bit of a Disney nerd, and I'm here for the next few days. Is there any chance there will be a soft opening before May 3rd when I leave?" Their answer? Definitely not. They kind of laughed...

Edit: I specifically then asked- I read about the media day and there won't be anything before that? Not even CM previews? They laughed again and asked when I would be visiting again. I said probably in a few months. They said it will be open then. Really nice guys. Were really up front and answered all my nerdy questions about the ride.

So this is 100% legit, at least according to these two people. I realize I'm just another name on the internet, but there you go.

Here's updates on what I've seen happening on the mountain. Constructions workers looking like they are basically just doing nothing and walking around the mountain. Lacquer being applied in the queue. Construction workers actually taking selfies on the track.

Just wanted to edit to specify two things.

Last edited:

Jakester

Doesn't appear we are getting soft openings today either. Spotted workers on the tracks and some left over construction equipment.
image.jpg

Ahall003

Okay I've been thinking and here is my theory. Disney is all about the money and so, I think they are waiting to open it after people's Florida resident 3 day tickets expire end of may along with the start of seasonal pass holder blackout dates, that way those people who have been here over the last few months or so and have seen the progress, will get so antsy to ride it once open, that they will want to buy another park ticket, or upgrade their pass to the next level so they can ride the new ride...trying to look at it from the business end of things and how they would maximize their profit.

TheRabbit

I do hope that disney doesn't ever ruin the outdoor queues they've created in new fantasyland with tarps or umbrellas. Enchanted tales with belle and mine train both look great with just the trees and foliage.
Until the noon sun straight above you in the summer hits...or the pop up thunder showers we get every day come....other than that, open queues are great!

Jakester

I thought your photo was a Where's Waldo type thing....I was looking for workers and/or construction equipment pretty intently, then came to the realization that you didn't actually take a picture of those things :p
Will say I did see one car on the track, with some what appeared to be upper management imagineers testing the width of guest reach/swing over between Aerials Grotto/Storybook Circus.

darthspielberg

I don't think an outdoor queue is avoidable for a ride like this. I mean, there is no show building to tuck away behind a corner and hide. What we see is what we get, so there is no place to really hide an indoor queue section.

danv3

Hey everyone- Just wanted to post a real update with with real information. Grain of salt and everything, but this was my conversations with Imagineers on April 25th. I'm here on a family vacation and don't have any inside information, but I'm somewhat of a personable guy. I was taking photos for a website that I work on as a hobby yesterday morning (parkjourney.com check out the pics they came out pretty well) and early that morning there were imagnineers all around (the guys wearing the red hard hats with their names). Bob (a guy in his late 50's who could be in charge? does anyone know him?) was talking to Gregg at the eastern corner. I walked up to them, made a bunch of small talk with them for 5 minutes and then said this. "I'm a bit of a Disney nerd, and I'm here for the next few days. Is there any chance there will be a soft opening before May 3rd when I leave?" Their answer? Definitely not. They kind of laughed...

Edit: I specifically then asked- I read about the media day and there won't be anything before that? Not even CM previews? They laughed again and asked when I would be visiting again. I said probably in a few months. They said it will be open then. Really nice guys. Were really up front and answered all my nerdy questions about the ride.

So this is 100% legit, at least according to these two people. I realize I'm just another name on the internet, but there you go.

Here's updates on what I've seen happening on the mountain. Constructions workers looking like they are basically just doing nothing and walking around the mountain. Lacquer being applied in the queue. Construction workers actually taking selfies on the track.

Just wanted to edit to specify two things.

Thanks for sharing what you heard. This seems reasonable based on where we are today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom