SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sorry, is this the SOFT OPENING WATCH or the HOURLY RIDE CAPACITY REPORT?

Lighten up man:) We're just having a discussion about reasons for possible delays in soft openings. @Disneyhead'71 brought some potential new information to the table. Some of us think it could be relevant. Like I posted before, Steve opened a new thread with just confirmed facts around soft openings. If you want just the facts without rumors and speculation that's probably the better thread to go to.

lazyboy97o

Everyone one of you is missing the point that it was not even once planned to soft open up until now. It's *not* behind on its opening schedule. Stop grasping at straws. Stop imagining reasons. Stop establishing roadblocks because "you have a feeling" when frankly, lacking any actual information on what's going on "behind the hedge" eliminates any qualification to provide honest speculation. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train isn't far away from being ridden - but the growing desperation and seeming hopelessness this thread has devolved into will only make the short wait significantly more difficult to get through.
Except that is not the case. @Disneyhead'71 was not independently speculating. Media events are almost never scheduled without the intention of having the attraction available. @Lee has stated that the internal timeline was for the attraction to be open by the end of the second quarter of fiscal year 2014, and that has passed.

jlsHouston

Everyone one of you is missing the point that it was not even once planned to soft open up until now. It's *not* behind on its opening schedule. Stop grasping at straws. Stop imagining reasons. Stop establishing roadblocks because "you have a feeling" when frankly, lacking any actual information on what's going on "behind the hedge" eliminates any qualification to provide honest speculation. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train isn't far away from being ridden - but the growing desperation and seeming hopelessness this thread has devolved into will only make the short wait significantly more difficult to get through.

I don't read growing desperation or seemingly hopelessness in this thread. I don't think it's behind schedule. The disney site has said Spring of 2014 for a while now and I think most recently it says OPENING SOON (caps theres') So what's behind schedule?

jlsHouston

No, just a silly joke this time. Trying to lighten the mood....Some cranky people around.

OMG no kidding! Fussy fussy. Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
I would love to ride 7DMT when I go this month but if not this month then August or November is fine with me!.
I love the threads where people are sharing info and guesses and ideas.

csm

God will you relax?

Trust me, it takes far more than an internet forum to prevent me from being relaxed. ;)

Where am I begging to ride this thing?

Where did I say you were begging to ride it? I never did. I said you were missing the point. And you are.

And there's nothing wrong with speculation. Why are you so upset over this? Jeez

The problem with speculation is it enables the armchair imagineers to "get a feeling," which is then two threads later misconstrued as "head from an insider" which then spawns 2-3 pages of unwarranted "HOW DID THEY NOT PREPARE FOR THIS" freakout. The fact is everything is on course, and there is no tragedies to be concerned with.

AND FYI ... MOST ATTRACTIONS SOFT OFTEN FIRST. It's a natural assumption.

THANK YOU FOR THIS INFORMATION. And For *your* information - I've not said it will not soft open. With an official opening planned for well past the 5/2 press event, there's plenty of time for your holy grail soft opening to occur and make all your dreams come true!

I REALLY hope you all like this attraction at the end of the day. I know things always get bad around the time of a new ride opening, but I swear I've never seen this site at this level. I just hope you're not all foaming each other up into such a frenzy of unreasonable expectation causing you to come back with "that's it?!" comments after riding what truly is a lovely attraction.

Kman101

I agree about baseless speculation.

I'm not missing your point. I just didn't agree with you so you want to argue some more.

This isn't that big of a deal and by yelling you seemed worked up over this. That's all. You're in here as much as everyone else.

I also don't appreciate your condescending attitude, either. And how is that sarcasm helping anything? I was responding the way you were talking to everyone.

jlsHouston

The problem with speculation is it enables the armchair imagineers to "get a feeling," which is then two threads later misconstrued as "head from an insider" which then spawns 2-3 pages of unwarranted "HOW DID THEY NOT PREPARE FOR THIS" freakout. The fact is everything is on course, and there is no tragedies to be concerned with.

Soooo...who cares about the freakouts? They are entertaining and sometimes even informative. If you don't like them don't read them?

I REALLY hope you all like this attraction at the end of the day. I know things always get bad around the time of a new ride opening, but I swear I've never seen this site at this level. I just hope you're not all foaming each other up into such a frenzy of unreasonable expectation causing you to come back with "that's it?!" comments after riding what truly is a lovely attraction.

I'm sure many many will love this ride and some will be a bit disappointed but in the end does it matter who likes/love/hates ? And people are entitled to the "that's it" sort of feeling when experiencing an attraction. LM left me with that and it had nothing to do with threads on it because I didn't even pay attention to the threads about it in 2012. And you are calling 7DMT a truly lovely attraction which is great but others are entitled to their feelings about it too, shouldn't have anything to do with whether your feelings are valid or not.

DoctorDisney

As media, we've already been advised that we will be riding the attraction at the end of this week. But that doesn't mean it will open to the general public for soft opening or grand opening right after that is over. It very well could be the end of May or even into June. Not sure why everyone is getting so uptight about it. When it opens, it will open. At that point, we will obviously all know.

Vegas Disney Fan

Even Midway Mania, which is acknowledged to be an extremely low capacity ride, still manages around 1100-1200 I believe.

An hourly capacity of 800, for what is essentially a centerpiece ride of a new expansion, would lead to unimaginably long lines.

While waiting for TSMM at DL one day I timed it and they were dispatching a group of 2 ride vehicles (16 riders) every 30 seconds on average. I may have watched a very good crew but figured even with odd number groups and single riders they were probably running around 1800 riders per hour.

I only mention this because if 7DMT is only 800 and the ride ends up being a hit that line is going to be insanely long.

I'm not getting this either. Does this mean the carts are going to bump against the rocks?

The carts have plenty of clearance, the wooden part simulates how far people can reach outside the cart.

Ahall003

While waiting for TSMM at DL one day I timed it and they were dispatching a group of 2 ride vehicles (16 riders) every 30 seconds on average. I may have watched a very good crew but figured even with odd number groups and single riders they were probably running around 1800 riders per hour.

I only mention this because if 7DMT is only 800 and the ride ends up being a hit that line is going to be insanely long.

The carts have plenty of clearance, the wooden part simulates how far people can reach outside the cart.
Yea TSMM takes 30 mins top to move thru the line when there is no FP people coming in, they should nix the FP for that ride it would run a lot smoothly I'd think.

Ahall003

Honestly if there were any serious issues at hand, the walls would not have come down, I think they are doing a lot of final safety checks, detailing, and minor stuff like that, I saw an imagineer yesterday afternoon with a laptop hooked up to the gem sorting game station and he looked like he was doing some sort Of programming. I mean after all, this isn't their first rodeo so I'm sure they have it all under control...

Eärendil

God will you relax?

Where am I begging to ride this thing?

And there's nothing wrong with speculation. Why are you so upset over this? Jeez

AND FYI ... MOST ATTRACTIONS SOFT OFTEN FIRST. It's a natural assumption. I can yell too. It isn't necessary.

No kidding. I think I may have found the first person to add to my ignore list. He's been berating people the entire thread.

Vegas Disney Fan

Looking at the layout of the ride Disney has to be shooting for 3-4 train operation. 1 in the unload area, 1 in the load area, 1 in the lift 1 to mine area, and 1 on the lift 2 to unload area. Assuming a 2 minute ride wouldn't they have to dispatch a train every 40-45 seconds to maintain this? That would put capacity at 1800.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom