SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

YankeeMouse

We were there a few days ago and an imagineer was in the attraction with construction crews so I went over, yelled his name (it was on his hardhat) and said, what do you think about soft opening in mid-May. He screwed his face up and made gesture with his hand like, kind of shaky. I said, how about end of May. And he smiled and said, "Better" and nodded.

novawildcat18

We were there a few days ago and an imagineer was in the attraction with construction crews so I went over, yelled his name (it was on his hardhat) and said, what do you think about soft opening in mid-May. He screwed his face up and made gesture with his hand like, kind of shaky. I said, how about end of May. And he smiled and said, "Better" and nodded.
Considering that some insiders have sad that it may soft open today, I think the ride will probably not only be soft-opened in mid-May, but actually 100% grand-opened.

Arty Cordova

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the average guest does not have the opportunity to ride during a soft opening right? I thought you needed a special invite or had some sort of special access to go on. For example during the Soft Opening of Little Mermaid and Belle two years ago during Mickey's Halloween party I was not able to ride during the day, however I was allowed at night since I had purchased the specialty tickets for the Halloween party.

novawildcat18

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the average guest does not have the opportunity to ride during a soft opening right? I thought you needed a special invite or had some sort of special access to go on. For example during the Soft Opening of Little Mermaid and Belle two years ago during Mickey's Halloween party I was not able to ride during the day, however I was allowed at night since I had purchased the specialty tickets for the Halloween party.
I've never gotten the opportunity to partake in a soft opening, but I believe they just invite the guests who are hanging out around the queue of the ride whenever they're ready for some riders.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I've never gotten the opportunity to partake in a soft opening, but I believe they just invite the guests who are hanging out around the queue of the ride whenever they're ready for some riders.
Yep it just basically opens and anyone in the area can ride. There are of course some private previews where this is not the case.

Weather_Lady

We were there during a soft opening of Little Mermaid -- as we were walking into the Magic Kingdom, a CM at the turnstiles was telling folks coyly that, "if you'd like to see a little something new, I suggest you might want to wander back into New Fantasyland." Such a tease. :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So what do you think. Will they photoshop guests onto the ride for the commercial?

Thunder Mountain came back up a half a day late from rehab when I was down there. We knew it was down but wandered to look at Thunder to see if the construction dudes were off the mountain. My DD and I were turning back as a high level manager stopped us, said I'm opening her go get in line (there was no line) CM stationed by entrance looked at us oddly. Those CMs do love to bring some unexpected magic to guests now and then.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
They ran without riders first thing today, then did 5 or 6 cycles with riders, and then a few cycles with a POV camera mount.

Thank you!

@wdwmagic Do you know When the CM's trained? When did it turned over from WDI? I missed that. While I was in the World for the first half of the month there were landscapers and construction workers on the track with jackhammers so I was figuring it hadn't been turned over for training yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom