SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

csm

Ride is "there"... Should see guest testing within 48 hours.

Yeah, but didn't you already "confirm" guest testing today?

wdw71fan said:
Operations will begin with Soft openings on the 22nd...

As well as "confirm" it for Saturday the 19th?

wdw71fan said:
Looks like soft may be Saturday

As well as "confirm" maybe as soon as Thursday the 17th, but certainly in the calendar week ending the 19th?

wdw71fan said:
This week... MAYBE tomorrow.. depends on a few things...

I await your "anything can change" reply ;)

smhurlb

As well as "confirm" maybe as soon as Thursday the 17th, but certainly in the calendar week ending the 19th?

ok ok a gentle ribbing is in order but lets not over pile on and drive anyone away who might share what they are hearing :)

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member

Took the letters right out of my fingers.

If you throw enough glue covered balls against the wall...

csm

ok ok a gentle ribbing is in order but lets not over pile on and drive anyone away who might share what they are hearing :)

Here's the fact - he's not sharing valid information. If he was, instead of stringing you all along, he'd tell you that as of this date, 4/22, the staff still hasn't been trained to operate the attraction. Though not impossible, it's highly unlikely that a soft opening would occur with only trainers in the attraction running it. Once WDI hands over the attraction, the priority focus will be training before soft opening - which means you're looking at a minimum of four to five days past hand over at the very best. Given that today is 4/22, if training were to start in a best case scenario on 4/23, I don't think I need to do the math for you to point out how little leeway there is between the end of that and the solidly scheduled 4/30 media date.

I understand that everyone WANTS to hear "It's open! Go ride it!" - so as such, they are embracing the false hope given to them by wdw71fan. I'm not suggesting that he's doing it just to screw with people, but the point remains that whether he's screwing with people or is just he himself getting inaccurate information doesn't change the fact that the information is inaccurate. Simple rule to go by in the amusement industry that will never fail you in situations like this: "He who knows doesn't talk; he who talks doesn't know."

I'm excited to ride it too. But I'm not going to give people false hope and make them waste their afternoons sitting in front of a construction wall that isn't going to open for them.

Captain Chaos

Took the letters right out of my fingers.

If you throw enough glue covered balls against the wall...
Want to know what my insider information is? Sometime by the end of the year, Cm previews and soft openings as well as a grand opening will happen for 7D... Oh, and sometime in the future, there will be a land based on Avatar... Yes, there will even be soft openings for that ride sometime in 2017, and if it fails to happen in 2017, then things changed and it will be 2018, 2019 or even 2020...

BTW my contact is a higher up.. Or maybe I'm that higher up ;)

csm

I liked this because I agree with you. Ridiculous that some people choose to attack you for passing along information that is very fluid anyway. I think the silent majority will be sad to see you go!

To be clear, I'm not attacking anyone. His information was inaccurate. I'm simply pointing that out. One should not post information as fact if they are not either A) able to back it up as fact or B) have thick enough skin to be corrected. Assumptions, rumors, buzz do not equal fact. Those lacking in fact are not "insiders."

You do all understand that wdw71fan is now trying to paint himself the victim to get you all back in his good graces, right?

Seth7721

Wow...OR could not post anything else from now on... and yes,things change... Get over it.

Goodbye WDWMagic..

OMGosh don't listen to any of these people. They really are just haters credit (Arty). I guess their parents never taught them, IF HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY, DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.
Please don't leave. You have more info then they do, they're just jealous:happy:

WildcatDen

To be clear, I'm not attacking anyone. His information was inaccurate. I'm simply pointing that out. One should not post information as fact if they are not either A) able to back it up as fact or B) have thick enough skin to be corrected. Assumptions, rumors, buzz do not equal fact. Those lacking in fact are not "insiders."

You do all understand that wdw71fan is now trying to paint himself the victim to get you all back in his good graces, right?
What was true yesterday may not be true today or tomorrow. Reality has a funny way of mucking up the works. . .

Marc Gil

Wow...OR could not post anything else from now on... and yes,things change... Get over it.

Goodbye WDWMagic..
Please don't go. Learn to ignore the riff raff and the negativity on these forums.

This is a forum, there's always going to be wise a$$es wherever you go. Trust me..

Now... When are those silent openings going to start? I'm praying they begin later this week!

novawildcat18

OMGosh don't listen to any of these people. They really are just haters credit (Arty). I guess their parents never taught them, IF HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY, DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.
But at the same time, if you don't have anything accurate/factual to say, don't say anything at all.

I'm only (sort of) kidding. Don't leave, wdw71. Just post information with a little more haste and try and make sure it's as accurate as possible. After all, this is a discussion board. The main point is to hear rumors and discuss them. So it's all good ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom