SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
operations schedules are being released Tomorrow morning.. WDI handoff to operations is Tuesday.. Operations will begin with Soft openings on the 22nd...

Two sections of track had to have adjustments made to enhance the ride experience.. 3rd shift work (Monday AM) will begin removing the remaining construction walls and debris.
more walls tonight... Video being shot tomorrow afternoon.. possible that they will open for soft tomorrow evening, but not guaranteed ... it's all very much in flux... trust me, if it were ready, it would be open.. finishing touches.
How do you know all this?
How indeed....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but the soft opening for New Fantasyland was early December 2012, after the Thanksgiving holiday. Using that as a guide, I would say that the soft opening could be next week, after the Easter crowds. IMO, they would not want a soft opening with huge crowds even if it is a controlled opening. Next week should be much smaller crowds which would be better to control access and would still give time to test prior to the media event.

Actually they started in early October:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...tasyland-now-in-soft-opening-live-updates.htm

asianway

Correct me if I am wrong, but the soft opening for New Fantasyland was early December 2012, after the Thanksgiving holiday. Using that as a guide, I would say that the soft opening could be next week, after the Easter crowds. IMO, they would not want a soft opening with huge crowds even if it is a controlled opening. Next week should be much smaller crowds which would be better to control access and would still give time to test prior to the media event.
It was mid October

JungleTrekFan

image.jpg
Shoting the commercial and ads this morning.
image.jpg

Sorry for the blur was trying out my new telephoto lens for my iPhone.

Edit: rumor has it all walls are down Thursday. But that doesn't necessarily mean soft openings. Another cast said maybe may 8th as opening, but this is all cast rumors and should be treated as such.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom