SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

PeterMarcus

I seem to remember the attempts at an AP preview for New Fantasyland being a total disaster. They tried to do a registration website to pick a day/time and the website crashed and it wouldn't accept certain types of AP's, etc.. Hopefully they'll go back the old model of only AP's get access over the course of a weekend and you just show up when you can.

Yeah, it was messed up. The website wouldn't let me request anything. But, I went to MK with friends during the AP opening, and told them about my problems (and showed my AP) and they let us in anyway. They were pretty open to letting people in if they wanted to get in. Which makes it sound like people gaming WDW, but really, I witnessed a lot of folks who were let in because they really wanted to see it and were enthusiastic as opposed to being just rude and huffy about being blocked. CMs, especially the ones in charge of soft openings, have a lot of power to bend the rules, and in my experience with FLE the times I was let in, the friendly guests got a lot more access than the complainers.

CrescentLake

Weather is supposed to be gnarly today. Do soft openings happen at night? If it soft opens tomorrow will it only be during the day?

Marc Gil

It saddens me how many people nowadays are unfamiliar with the works of Mel Brooks. No one at my work has apparently seen Blazing Saddles! How sad is that?!?
Reminds me of my senior year of High School English.

My teacher always quoted History of the World, Blazing Saddles, and Spaceballs, and nobody got the references except for me... I just wanted to shout "You uncultured swines!"to everyone.

Anyway, I am crossing my fingers for a silent opening next Thursday!!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
From Attractions Magazine at 8:18am Friday Morning.

BlgapXvIcAAATS_.jpg

along with their photo of the Dark Ride portion entrance.

BlgXt0DIIAA0mqh.jpg

danv3

Can't remember the protocol, but for some reason I thought there was a general ridership order with new attractions, along the lines of:

1. Families of WDI/construction
2. Cast Member Only previews
3. AP Only previews
4. Soft Openings to public
5. Media Preview event
6. Grand Opening.

We haven't seen even seen group 1 on the ride yet, have we?

Given the time left before #5 and the fact that nothing has been announced about any previews, it appears that #2 and #3 are going to be skipped. Compared to the rest of FLE, there's actually not a whole lot of time left for phase #4 either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom