SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Someone had mentioned that the rolling planters were in place by the entrance to the ride. I found a picture taken earlier this week that confirms this:

DatelineDisneyWorld04132014-_DSC4099.jpg

Azmyth

Can't remember the protocol, but for some reason I thought there was a general ridership order with new attractions, along the lines of:

1. Families of WDI/construction
2. Cast Member Only previews
3. AP Only previews
4. Soft Openings to public
5. Media Preview event
6. Grand Opening.

We haven't seen even seen group 1 on the ride yet, have we?

As an Annual Passholder, I remember receiving emails about soft openings, for pretty much every attraction for the last 10 years. Although, I haven't heard a snip of anything to do with the Mine Train. Which I find weird. Not sure if it's just me, but usually AP's get first dibs.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
As an Annual Passholder, I remember receiving emails about soft openings, for pretty much every attraction for the last 10 years. Although, I haven't heard a snip of anything to do with the Mine Train. Which I find weird. Not sure if it's just me, but usually AP's get first dibs.
APers don't usually get the first rides. The first soft opening is typically unannounced, so that they do not have issues with guests showing up specifically for a soft opening that may not take place due to technical issues. The APers get brought in after the first few rounds of unannounced soft openings when there is confidence that the attraction will be open.

Azmyth

APers don't usually get the first rides. The first soft opening is typically unannounced, so that they do not have issues with guests showing up specifically for a soft opening that may not take place due to technical issues. The APers get brought in after the first few rounds of unannounced soft openings when there is confidence that the attraction will be open.

I know that. I didn't mean literal first ride. The moral of my post was that any of the past few attractions to open I've heard word of a AP preview, this one I haven't. IIRC, there was even one for the Jack Sparrow Pirate Adventure thing in Hollywood studios. So, that's why it strikes me odd that I haven't heard anything. But, maybe they're skipping it this time.

CheekBoys

Not really, a little over the top maybe. I really did get excited when I saw the picture of the planters, I remember when they took down the walls in front of the castle walls and the planters rolled out. The last part was a quote from Spaceballs.
Oh ok, I wouldn't know, this is one of the first attractions or major opening I have been following.

PeterMarcus

Yeah, I definitely got a lot of emails and even regular snailmail about FLE as an APer, but by the time I got all those, I had already been through the whole place as part of an unannounced soft opening. Twice. The earliest soft openings just basically open up with no fanfare (and sometimes close down 30 minutes later if there are problems).

donsullivan

Premium Member
Yeah, I definitely got a lot of emails and even regular snailmail about FLE as an APer, but by the time I got all those, I had already been through the whole place as part of an unannounced soft opening. Twice. The earliest soft openings just basically open up with no fanfare (and sometimes close down 30 minutes later if there are problems).

I seem to remember the attempts at an AP preview for New Fantasyland being a total disaster. They tried to do a registration website to pick a day/time and the website crashed and it wouldn't accept certain types of AP's, etc.. Hopefully they'll go back the old model of only AP's get access over the course of a weekend and you just show up when you can.

Matt_Black

Not really, a little over the top maybe. I really did get excited when I saw the picture of the planters, I remember when they took down the walls in front of the castle walls and the planters rolled out. The last part was a quote from Spaceballs.

It saddens me how many people nowadays are unfamiliar with the works of Mel Brooks. No one at my work has apparently seen Blazing Saddles! How sad is that?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom