SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

AllyInWonderland

Ok, here's the post I saw. forget about the picture.

Inside the Magic
23 hours ago · Edited
Official word: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train dedication on May 2 will be for invited media only. Area will be blocked off for the short ceremony. So don't go to the park that day and expect to see it... just wait for our video shortly thereafter!

Also, Disney is sticking to calling this a "dedication" and not a "grand opening" so it's not clear if the ride will be officially open after that.

KatMaria

That certainly seems to be the case that its still with WDI. From the look of the photos this morning, it is still with WDI and there are no signs of any ops cast members in the area.
They are there, behind the scenes still. My friend is in Ops and has been working on this from the beginning, poor thing needs a vacation. From what I have heard is that WDI keeps pushing back the date to give it to ops. It is still in the air if they will have it up for the media preview. Hopefully by May they can hand everything over because ops is dying to bring it online. They are just waiting and hoping.

motox7

in this video at about the 1:40 mark you can her a woman on the intercom system on the ride... is this not a ops person? I just don't get why imagineering would be on the intercom. Also I have watched other video's in the same place from couple weeks back when they were testing and they weren't giving these signals over the intercom which makes me think that they are now doing this as part of the Run through for the Ops department.

Seth7721

in this video at about the 1:40 mark you can her a woman on the intercom system on the ride... is this not a ops person? I just don't get why imagineering would be on the intercom. Also I have watched other video's in the same place from couple weeks back when they were testing and they weren't giving these signals over the intercom which makes me think that they are now doing this as part of the Run through for the Ops department.

OPS department?

Mouse Trap

The communication over the intercom does not seem like something standard OPS department would use. It seems to be just a bit more technical and something probably said by a WDI or mechanical engineer IMO.

But maybe I just have a false impression of assuming a cast member would just yell, "Get off the tracks!"

Last edited:

csm

The communication over the intercom does not seem like something standard OPS department would use. It seems to be just a bit more technical and something probably said by a WDI or mechanical engineer IMO.

But maybe I just have a false impression of assuming a cast member would just yell, "Get off the tracks!"

Motion? Location of a potentially dangerous moving vehicle? These don't seem like "something a standard ops department would use?"

Boy, you don't think very highly of trained operations people do you? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom