SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

WDWFantasmicFan

Although speculation is that there are 'issues', from what i've just seen on Twitter, the rolling planters have been moved and CM's are standing by the 7DMT entrance. Could this mean soft openings may be possible today??

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well since I now have two construction experts telling me to different things I am not sure who to believe.

After not reading this thread for several days I've gone back many pages trying to get to what the heck happened, all this foundation and settling stuff..........

I found this post of yours and I have to say it is the post of the month in my book. I've always appreciated your knowledge along with your candor and have even more respect for your posts when you call attention to the conflicting reports. Kudos.

3rdShiftCM

I don't care what anybody else is saying, Disney will do what ever it has to to get that ride open for at least the media or they will get ripped to shreds by every fan site around, no matter what the invite says.

The last thing WDW needs now is bad PR right before USO fires up thier new Potterverse area.

PhotoDave219

and if I recall a big part of the event is MyMagic+ and FastPass+ getting their official "we're out of testing!" unveiling, so it's kind of a hodgepodge "Cool stuff at the Magic Kingdom" press event, it seems.

The "press event" coincides with their annual Travel Agent convention-type-thingy that Disney holds every year.

So its not really a "press event".... theyre just along for the ride.

Disneyhead'71

I don't care what anybody else is saying, Disney will do what ever it has to to get that ride open for at least the media or they will get ripped to shreds by every fan site around, no matter what the invite says.

The last thing WDW needs now is bad PR right before USO fires up thier new Potterverse area.
Potter is a dead franchise! Universal is Ghetto! Disney is Ray D. Tutto.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Disney could not care less what the fan sites think. Especially if the press event was not advertised as a ride though event.

Disneyhead'71

The "press event" coincides with their annual Travel Agent convention-type-thingy that Disney holds every year.

So its not really a "press event".... theyre just along for the ride.
Tell that to my Entertainment Producer that has booked and paid for 3 days of Sat time.
He blew a gasket last week when I "suggested" that 7DMT "may" not be ready.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Although speculation is that there are 'issues', from what i've just seen on Twitter, the rolling planters have been moved and CM's are standing by the 7DMT entrance. Could this mean soft openings may be possible today??
who is reporting that?

CentralFLlife

I'm no ride expert in any way whatsoever. Physics are a mystery to me. Clearance taking into account weight and velocity...the heck do I know?

BUT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!! What's wrong with WDI these days??? They build a new Dumbo spinner, and the elephant's bellies drag on the ground!!! (The old one is just fine, apparently, built back in the late 1960's...guess the fellas who built that still had the Fear of Walt in them, eh?) And of course the much-mentioned broken Yeti, that TDO hasn't made the slightest gesture towards fixing, and now this Mine Train embarrassment. Does Disney think it can forever get away with this stuff? Does it not understand the internet? This is lame!!!! People should get fired over this. What's the issue here? Iger-era nickel-and-dime-ing? What????
There was never a problem with the dumbos due to design. It was due to the concrete expanding with the heat. Never posed a safety issue and it only affected certain Dumbos. They were also able to fix it without ever shutting the ride down. That was a non issue

And they have an opening date set for the mine train, any problem with ride envelope is easily solved with a power sander and some brown paint to move the concrete back. Lets not forget a currently operating attraction across the park has had ride envelope issues for almost 40 years now...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom